21st World Scout Jamboree Meet

I left my son's TB on Brownsea island last week and I've read it's no longer there,however it isn't logged yet.

I hope it's on a long journey home with one of the scouts.

Yes, it was me who commented upon the status of TBs in the cache.

The previous finder, whose name escapes me, signed the log book and said they were taking Wile E. Coyote.

I suspect they are still travelling with no internet.

While at the cache I tried to get a 3g internet connection with my phone and couldn't get one, not too surprising really.

I'm sure the Tb will be logged soon. Only one of the TBs that is logged into the cache was not accounted for by reading the log book, and that is the one that is called Travel Bug Dog Tag which apparently nobody has seen since it was placed there on 20th May.

Can anybody help with This

email sent.

Thanks, email received and replied to! that should do the trick, Cheers :)

The TB is now in our possession and we hope to take some photos of it on Sunday.

If "Jambo Geo" is accessible to day visitors, and time, our programme, and muggles permit, we could place the TB there.

If that is not possible, what do others think we should do with it?

Place it in a cache near our home (or elsewhere, but we are unlikely to be able to get it any closer to Brownsea Island in the foreseeable future). It can then find its way to Brownsea via "normal" TB routes;

- or -

Post it to DorsetGal and Geodog as they will be able to get it to Brownsea in the near future.

Hi All.

I'm joining this thread very late and we head down to Lowestoft for a week on Saturday so would obviously miss the meet. Hope to visit the cache which is available..

just a question. Is there any facility at the Jamboree we can attend (I Understand the protection issues)

My daughter has now joined Guides from Brownies and I attended Scouts from Cub to Venture Scout (Chief Scout Award).. Even if just a promotional area/tent or the like..

Regards

email sent.

Thanks, email received and replied to! that should do the trick, Cheers :D

The TB is now in our possession and we hope to take some photos of it on Sunday.

If "Jambo Geo" is accessible to day visitors, and time, our programme, and muggles permit, we could place the TB there.

Place it in a cache near our home (or elsewhere, but we are unlikely to be able to get it any closer to Brownsea Island in the foreseeable future). It can then find its way to Brownsea via "normal" TB routes;

- or -

Post it to DorsetGal and Geodog as they will be able to get it to Brownsea in the near future.

I have been reliably informed that it is available to day visitors, and we shall certainly be looking for it on Sunday when we visit, you never know we might even bump into each other ;)

Hi All.

I'm joining this thread very late and we head down to Lowestoft for a week on Saturday so would obviously miss the meet. Hope to visit the cache which is available..

just a question. Is there any facility at the Jamboree we can attend (I Understand the protection issues)

My daughter has now joined Guides from Brownies and I attended Scouts from Cub to Venture Scout (Chief Scout Award).. Even if just a promotional area/tent or the like..

Regards

You certainly can, and you can visit much of the activity area but not the camping areas which is strictly off limits to visitors. You will find this link Day Visitors very helpful, and you can book online at £20 for adults and £15 for children 3-13 years old.

email sent.

Thanks, email received and replied to! that should do the trick, Cheers :D

- or -

I have been reliably informed that it is available to day visitors, and we shall certainly be looking for it on Sunday when we visit, you never know we might even bump into each other :D

Perhaps I will wear a Geocaching pin badge so we may recognise each other ;)

Our eldest son has been at World Jam this past week and as a treat for our youngest son, who helped him raise the funds to go we have treated him to a day pass. So when he gets back from scout camp in 2 hours time we will let him calm down and then tell him he is off to camp at Kelvedon Hatch tomorrow and then onto Hylands park for Monday, unfortuntely when we booked the tickets we didn't know that our other son would be off camp that day so he will have to lug all his own dirty washing home!!! Found the Jambo geo cache last night and have printed it off as one to do, might even head back that way at night and do Hyland fling.

Well, we went to the Jamboree, got very hot but had a brilliant time. We photographed "Beagle Scout", found the Jambo Geo cache, and introduced some of our Group members to caching.

We didn't knowingly meet any other cachers but there are lots of logs for Jambo Geo on Sunday - I do hope it is still there.

Hi BikerKats - Jambo Geo seems OK.

I was there on Sunday and just as I came out of one of the National Displays, I realised the person walking the other way had a geocaching.com lanyard arouind his neck. No idea who he was.

Ships that pass in the night, etc, etc.

Edited by careygang

I was there on Sunday and just as I came out of one of the National Displays, I realised the person walking the other way had a geocaching.com lanyard arouind his neck. No idea who he was.

Ships that pass ion the night, etc, etc.

Could well have been me :(

Ships that pass ion the night, etc, etc.

Could well have been me :(

Wow... coincidence or what!

Ships that pass in the night, etc, etc.

Thanks for that, Careygang - I've just read all the logs and it's good to see all is in order.

(Just catching up with the forums now after a couple of weeks away)