I am considering buying the Garmin 2610.

Primary use will be on a Motorcycle with no sound sys. my question is: Will I be able to use the smal type ear phone? Does it have the small RCA type jack for those?

And also I am up for suggestions on any recomedations on any other GPS that may be good (and Cheap) for crusing mostly secondary roads.

Thanks for any help you have.

Dennis

Primary use will be on a Motorcycle with no sound sys. my question is: Will I be able to use the smal type ear phone? Does it have the small RCA type jack for those?

And also I am up for suggestions on any recomedations on any other GPS that may be good (and Cheap) for crusing mostly secondary roads.

Dennis

The 2610 has a power cord and speaker line combined. At the end of the cord there is a speaker with a cigarette lighter plug attached to it. There is no jack for headphones. I know people that has used the 2610 on a motorcycle, but I never asked them what they did about sound.

Dennis

The 2610 has a power cord and speaker line combined. At the end of the cord there is a speaker with a cigarette lighter plug attached to it. There is no jack for headphones. I know people that has used the 2610 on a motorcycle, but I never asked them what they did about sound.

thanks for the replies, The forum crusier forum was a little to aggraviting to work with, but thanks for the link.

Also, is the 2610 and auto mapper?? I think that's what it's called. Meaning I put start/end destinations and it shows and tells me how to get there.

Yes, the 2610 auto-routes. Have you taken a look at the Garmin page on this unit?

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=164&pID=6397

This capable navigator offers everything you want in an automotive navigation system — automatic route capability, voice prompts and a large color display — for much less than built-in systems.

With the StreetPilot 2610's touch screen and remote control, entering and retrieving information has never been easier. Perfect for both business and vacation, it's turn-by-turn routing and voice prompts get you where you're going accurately and safely. It's fast processor means quick route calculations and map redraws. The 2610 also features a large, easy-to-read screen, built-in maps, and everything needed to download additional map detail and look up points of interest and addresses in seconds. Select maps and transfer data directly to the unit through a USB connection and onto a standard CompactFlash® memory card.

The StreetPilot 2610 now includes a number of new and exclusive software features including:

* Multiple Destinations — Do you want to find the most efficient route for deliveries or sales calls? Users can enter a series of destinations, and the StreetPilot 2610 will automatically sort them to provide an efficient route.

* Road Segment and Area Avoidance — Would you like to avoid traffic tie-ups or roadwork? Users can specify areas and road segments to avoid when calculating routes.

* Find Nearest on Route — Are you running on empty? This time-saving feature allows users to limit searches for gas stations, restaurants, etc., to upcoming points near a route.

* Adjustable Road Class Preference — How about taking the road less traveled? Users can adjust preferences for major, medium, and minor road categories.

The 2610 is powered using the external speaker with 12/24-volt adapter cable or A/C power adapter (both included in purchase). The StreetPilot 2610 also offers WAAS-enabled support to ensure the highest degree of GPS accuracy.

Also, there is a Motorcycle power/audio cable Part Number: 010-10495-02 available for this unit.

Edited by Motorcycle_Mama

There is a power cable that is available for directly wiring the 21xx series to a 12 volts power source such as the motorcycle battery. Integrated into this cable is an Audio Jack for a 1/8" connector. It may require some level of amplification to be used with headphones or earspeakers but I'd try without first. I have never used the audio output on my K1200LT but can tell you the 2610 is an excellent GPS. I have used it in the car and on the bikes for years. It was discontinued by Garmin over a year ago and doesn't have the newer chip sets and features of the newer generation GPSr's but I still really like it and use it weekly. I have used it in Europe in cars and on motorcycles in Germany and Italy without a hitch. Here is a link to the Garmin web page that describes the cable. Good luck. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1055

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I wil shoot for the 2610 and if I have to I'll just stop more when I am in an unfamiliar place and check the screen. Good think about motorcycle is, you are never lost, just riding.

Motorcycle Mama, yes I read the reviews but wanted to hear first hand how the unit worked. We have all been mislead by the manufactures before, thanks for the help.

Dennis