Challenge Trips

AndrewRJ

With all the Challenges out in the state I am sure that many trips to these various caches have been planned. It seems logical that we have a thread to mention where people are going if they want others along.

For example. My plans have changed for this weekend and so I am going to go and get Monte Cristo (GCBC) on Saturday July 28, and if I have anything left in the tank I will get Barlowe Point while I am there as well. I am thinking about being at the trailhead at 8am, and anyone else who wants to join me is welcolme.

I know that there are a lot of other planned activities this weekend but I figured I would throw this out there.

I am going out Sunday the 29th somewhere south. I will be doing a combo of lookout caches & highest elevation caches. AT the moment I am leaning towards doing caches along Hwy 12. These would include: Barbecued Lolipop, Geocache by Waterboss, The Howling, Wolf Pack, Real Estate with a View. These all fall in one challenge or the other. There are other caches along the road but I don't know what time will allow.

I am going out Sunday the 29th somewhere south. I will be doing a combo of lookout caches & highest elevation caches. AT the moment I am leaning towards doing caches along Hwy 12. These would include: Barbecued Lolipop, Geocache by Waterboss, The Howling, Wolf Pack, Real Estate with a View. These all fall in one challenge or the other. There are other caches along the road but I don't know what time will allow.

Tudles

There was a rockslide at White Pass a day or so ago. here is the latest data I could find

Elevation: 4500ft / 1372M

Temperature:N/A

Conditions & Weather:

US 12 near White Pass is temporarily closed from milepost 138 to milepost 150 as WSDOT construction crews and the contractor work to remove rocks from the incline and roadway and stabilize the slope. Due to the dangerous nature of work that the crews are performing, reopening may not happen until late in the weekend, possibly early next week. //

Restrictions Eastbound:

Temporarily closed

Restrictions Westbound:

Temporarily closed

Updated: 01:10 PM, Jul 26, 2007

This is the most current info available

and is promptly updated when conditions change.

It looks like you will be able to get the caches you are planning on, but you will probibly have to backtrack and head up Hwy 410 to get back north to Renton.

Thanks for the info. As long as I can get to the caches from my side I am okay. It happens that I don't have to go to Renton as planned. Yeah, now I can spend more time caching. If I can't get to that area from my side I will check out and see if I can get to any area 6 lookout towers from here instead. Appreciate the warning.

Ok this week I will be working on the Delorme, highest and Lookout challenges.

I am headded up to the North Cental Cascades to get Delorme grids 97-99 and 111-114. I will also try for DEW line if the road has reopened. The plan is to just pick up caches as easily as possible with a few smaller hikes as needed.

Like last time, company is of course welcolme.

I am headded up to the North Central Cascades to get Delorme grids 97-99 and 111-114. I will also try for DEW line if the road has reopened. The plan is to just pick up caches as easily as possible with a few smaller hikes as needed.

Like last time, company is of course welcolm.

I might be up for that...especially if we can throw in 100 and 110 making it a whole block for me...but it's not required.

I am headded up to the North Central Cascades to get Delorme grids 97-99 and 111-114. I will also try for DEW line if the road has reopened. The plan is to just pick up caches as easily as possible with a few smaller hikes as needed.

Like last time, company is of course welcolm.

I might be up for that...especially if we can throw in 100 and 110 making it a whole block for me...but it's not required.

Sure, its not that much extra driving. I will try to come up with a list of likely canidates some time this week, but work has been erratic, so I may just show up with a few PQ's of the area.

Well now its time for the biggie. Late this weekend or Monday I am taking off and hitting the delorme, county, fire tower, lookout and webcams (as much as I can along my route) south of I-90 to the Southeast corner of the state, back along the Columbia and up thru the Pininsula. Should be an exciting trip to recharge the batteries.

See you all at the Campout!

Well now its time for the biggie. Late this weekend or Monday I am taking off and hitting the delorme, county, fire tower, lookout and webcams (as much as I can along my route) south of I-90 to the Southeast corner of the state, back along the Columbia and up thru the Pininsula. Should be an exciting trip to recharge the batteries.

See you all at the Campout!

I will keep my eyes out for you. I will be in Spokane Friday and Saturday nights. On Sunday I will drive south to Clarkston and then come back through Othello and on to I-90 from there. I've got you cell number. I will give you a call when I am on my way south to see where you are. I am planning on picking up eight pages of the DeLorme Challenge on my way back. I'm assuming 29B is on your list. It is on mine.

Starting Sunday 8-26, we will be heading to the tri-cities and then to Clarkston to pick up Franklin, Walla Walla, Columbia, Garfield and

Austin counties. Then north to pick up Stevens. Ferry county will be the last one we need to have all the counties. And we did it our way, just for our own satisfaction. Dick

Starting Sunday 8-26, we will be heading to the tri-cities and then to Clarkston to pick up Franklin, Walla Walla, Columbia, Garfield and

Austin counties. Then north to pick up Stevens. Ferry county will be the last one we need to have all the counties. And we did it our way, just for our own satisfaction. Dick

Hey Dick, I'm with you on that one. I'm not doing the county thing, but the DeLorme is being done as I can and feel like. Nobody is pushing me to do anything on any challenge.

I am too old to start over doing anything. We did the same with the states. We started out to cache in all the states (NOT DC). We have the lower 48 finished. Will go to Hawaii the last of September to celebrate our 60th wedding anv (which is actually in Dec)by geocaching on Kauai. Also hope to get our 2000th find then also. We visit our son in Alaska for the last one. Maybe drive up there next summer. Glad someone else feels the same as I do. Dick

I'm coming over to the wetside for the event in Mt Vernon on the 8th of September. I would love to make a early morning ferry ride to get Mt. Constitution and a few others on the Island before heading back for the event. Any one want to go with me to get a Fire Lookout and share the ferry cost. Would love to have some company.

Last week we came home from Kauai where we got our 2000th cache, celebated our 60th wedding anv. (which isn't until Dec. but we thought the marriage might not last until then). We also picked up our 49th state. Now, I will start planning our trip to Fairbanks to visit our son. We will drive our Roadtrek and cache on the way up and back. Our son is a Captain on a 747-400 Atlas Cargo and we will have to plan when he will be home.

Last week we came home from Kauai where we got our 2000th cache, celebated our 60th wedding anv. (which isn't until Dec. but we thought the marriage might not last until then). We also picked up our 49th state. Now, I will start planning our trip to Fairbanks to visit our son. We will drive our Roadtrek and cache on the way up and back. Our son is a Captain on a 747-400 Atlas Cargo and we will have to plan when he will be home.

Dick,

You are just a pure delight. Congratulations on your anniversary, your 49th state, and your amazing milestone. I'll be waiting to hear how that Roadtrek handles the AlCan Highway.

Laurie

Thanks Laurie. We have driven it several times. I drove our old 1970 Landcruiser to Fairbanks and gave it to my son. Most of it was gravel then. I understand most of it is paved now. We also made 5 trips in our Piper 140 and Archer 185. We would usually fly to Watson Lake or Whitehorse and spend the night and then fly into Fairbanks the next day. Dick