Will i Seek Mystery Geocion in alaska ?

deafnut

deafhunt - a reminder to have some patience.

There are many, many thousands of geocachers and some of these mission coins will never be dropped anywhere near most of those geocachers. I'm sure a mission geocoin will turn up in your neck of te woods one day, but you need to sit back and wait and watch, rather than try to prompt it happening.

Good things happen to those who patiently wait. :unsure:

And to boot, Geocaching.com to the best of my knowledge has nothing to do with the "mystery" coins. So asking for them to help you will get you nowhere.

This is true. I have read your post and we cannot do anything to help you with a Mystery coin. This is something that geocachers/geocoin collectors came up with and has nothing to do with Groundspeak, sorry deafhunt, you may just have to be patient and hope someone comes caching in Alaska. Alaska isn't that easy to visit for everyone. And you won't get as many off season visitors up there.

I remember once when I first came into these discussion forums some of the more seasoned caches/ colectors kept saying, "no question is stupid." "Not asking questions is more stupid"

I love this activity we call geocaching, and the traders, sellers who have coins and distribute coins.

Now when a young fellow comes in regardless of how we percieve them to be, however it is obvious this person has some type of infirmaty we loose our patience and say bad!

Myself I enjoy how this activity allows "everyone" to participate and instead of discurraging him I am sending him coin and swag.

But on the same note as a responcible adult I say I hope deafhunt learns something new and moves on now. Carry on caching.

I remember once when I first came into these discussion forums some of the more seasoned caches/ colectors kept saying, "no question is stupid." "Not asking questions is more stupid"

I love this activity we call geocaching, and the traders, sellers who have coins and distribute coins.

Now when a young fellow comes in regardless of how we percieve them to be, however it is obvious this person has some type of infirmaty we loose our patience and say bad!

Myself I enjoy how this activity allows "everyone" to participate and instead of discurraging him I am sending him coin and swag.

But on the same note as a responcible adult I say I hope deafhunt learns something new and moves on now. Carry on caching.

I agree with everything you said BUT a lot of cachers have already sent him coins and stuff, including ourselves, then later on we still see posts saying how he has never received any coins, etc. Time to move on, more caching and maybe purchase/trade for some coins. Thanks!

I got no problems with questions, that is what teh forum is for. But I must have missed something along the way because all I have seen is VERY persistent and relentless begging of coins (not to mention a GPS) for months now from this guy. But hey . . . who am I . . . it seems to be working just fine for him and pays off because he got another coin. Maybe I can learn something from this so my hat is off to him.

Can I have a coin too? Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Can I?

I am trying real hard to stay out of this thread, however I do feel that I need to point out that just because some of us are a little tired of the constant begging for free coins -- no one is “loosing patience or saying bad” because of his “infirmity” as you put it. If he wasn’t deaf we would feel the same way – and deafhunt would be the first to tell you he doesn’t have “an infirmity”.

He now owns at least 10 coins (including the one you’re sending him). Which were all given to him (free) by other cachers. – and that’s just counting the trackable ones he’s activated, don’t know how many nontrackable coins people have sent him. I think that’s a pretty good haul. I think he should give it a rest.

Windrose

HEY I HAVE GPS OK !!!!

Deafhunt, I'm curious. You just got a gps? I must not have noticed in your other posts, but how were you caching before?

I'm so happy that you have your own gps. I've been caching for over 5 years and still don't have my own gps!

It would be nice if you took a group picture of all the coins you have. I've been enjoying taking pictures of coins that I own or have found.

Deafhunt, I'm curious. You just got a gps? I must not have noticed in your other posts, but how were you caching before?

He lost it according to the thread he posted asking for someone to please send him a free GPS. When someone asked what happened to the one he had, he responded that he couldn't remember where he left it.

Deafhunt - I really do wish you all the best. I'm glad you were finally able to get a replacement GPS and I’m glad you’re having fun geocaching. Please take time to enjoy all the coins people have already sent to you for your collection, and I’d like to suggest that you save up and buy a coin or two with your own money. Many of the coin companies have clearance sales & bargain basement sales where they have coins as low as $2-$4.

Windrose

Deafhunt, I appreciate what you are trying to do in raising awarenss of deafness, I really do. I do however have a problem with the way you go about getting the things that you think may enable you in some way to raise this awareness.

I have mentioned to you before in another thread, go out, find caches, impress people with your prowess as a geocacher first ... the awareness will come in time. It really doesn't need anything other than you demonstrating how you can play the game on a level with others.

When I joined this site, I wanted to play the game along with the rest and not be singled out because I am different or have a disability; that's why I didn't name myself as

TBIsurvivorwhocantwalkwithservicedoggoeshunting!!!!

In time, people learned who I am and you would be amazed how many people write to me and ask about setting accessible caches and so on, simply because they have seen my logs!

I'm not trying to be unpleasant here, really I am not, but the rest of us are really trying to get along and be one of the crowd, each time I see you ask for something, it is phrased in such a way that I feel you use the fact that you are deaf to encourage sympathy and gifts. I don't want anyting other than what is available to everyone else in this game, that's what makes it fun for me.

Yes, I have coins, yes, I have sought out a few harder to find ones (purchased and swapped them) so that if and when I ask someone for help, I can repay the kindness when I meet the person with logging my coins or giving them a gift and so on. I like to feel I have earned a place in this community, others I know who have significant disabilities feel the same.

I know you are young and enthusiastic, but please think about the impression you are leaving here ...