Garmin Venture Cx - Stuck in compass mode

I have a garmin venture cx.

When I download geocache waypoints and try to navigate, I can't exit the compass screen without stopping navigation alltogether and reverting to the map screen and resuming navigation.

Normally, when navigating, the "exit" button scrolls between map\highway\compass etc...

The fault occurrs only with geocache waypoints, regardless of whether "send to gps", Loc or Gpx is used.

The same fault even occurs with another receiver I tried!!

Has anyone experienced this? Is it a known bug? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance,

Simon.

Yep, started with firmware 2.7.

Only way I know to defeat this is not to use the treasure box icon for your waypoints; any other one should behave properly.

I encourage you to send Garmin a ticket on this; the more they get the quicker they'll fix the problem.

Edited by Chuy!

This is happening on the eTrex Legend Cx as well. Just spoke to a Garmin support tech who was unaware of it and was able to reproduce it on a Legend Cx while I was on the phone with him. He is going to talk to the engineers about it and write up a trouble report.

He did say you could hit the menu key twice to get to the map which is a whole lot clunkier that just hitting exit. I guess that is progress. :anitongue:

This is happening on the eTrex Legend Cx as well. Just spoke to a Garmin support tech who was unaware of it and was able to reproduce it on a Legend Cx while I was on the phone with him. He is going to talk to the engineers about it and write up a trouble report.

He did say you could hit the menu key twice to get to the map which is a whole lot clunkier that just hitting exit. I guess that is progress. :anitongue:

He did say you could hit the menu key twice to get to the map which is a whole lot clunkier that just hitting exit. I guess that is progress. :grin:

:grin::grin: Thanks for the replies.

I can confirm that pressing Menu-Menu gets me out of the compass screen Ok now.

I look forward to another firmware release :D