Cache Along Route Problems

I was trying to create a PQ along a route that I uploaded last night. I was having trouble with creating a route that I see is being discussed in another posting.

However, I cannot delete the four PQ that I created last night since they are corrupted. Here is the error that I receive when I try to delete the corrupted PQs. Any suggestions how to get rid of the PQs - I've been looking for the box to kick but I can't find it :mad: ?

I also cannot delete the routes from the "Your Created Routes" tab - I get into the route and hit delete key and click OK. But when I go back into the list it is still there.

Are TPTB out there for help?

-40-

Server Error in '/' Application.

Queue empty.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Queue empty.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[invalidOperationException: Queue empty.]

System.Collections.Queue.Dequeue() +110

Groundspeak.Web.UserRoutes.UserRoutePoints.EncodeSignedNumber(Decimal num) +269

Groundspeak.Web.UserRoutes.UserRoutePoints.EncodeLatLong() +240

Geocaching.UI.URQuery.ShowQueryInfo() +715

Geocaching.UI.URQuery.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +781

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1320

Geocaching.UI.URQuery.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +515

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

That happened a couple of times for me as well. The sad thing is that I tried it a couple of times hoping it would go away, BUT instead the PQ:s were created and I was out of PQ:s for the day. Early the next day I was leaving for a three day caching tripp. With the time difference to Sweden, where I live, I missed the other PQ I wanted. I had to download every cache's GPX separately and edit them to get a big file to download to my GPSr....

To clarify - I didn't actually run the PQ yet but just tried to preview it. The PQ just refuses to be deleted by giving me an error.

-40-

That happened a couple of times for me as well. The sad thing is that I tried it a couple of times hoping it would go away, BUT instead the PQ:s were created and I was out of PQ:s for the day. Early the next day I was leaving for a three day caching tripp. With the time difference to Sweden, where I live, I missed the other PQ I wanted. I had to download every cache's GPX separately and edit them to get a big file to download to my GPSr....

Hi -40-, Have you tried deleting these defective PQs by using the table listing all your PQs? It's not obvious or even documented, but if you look at the table, you see a checkbox as the first item in each table row. Check all the ones you want to delete. Then go to the very bottom of the column of checkboxes. Hold the pointy finger over the icon at the bottom of that column and note that it comes up with the tip "Archive Selected PQ's". It's hidden in plain sight. Click and those checked items are toast. "Archived", "deleted", "untabled", "toast",... whatever...

Blanston12, While I feel your pain, and see the problem you mention, the OP is in fact about not being able to delete the PQ itself. I have one like that in my table right now. Trying to edit it results in a server error so you cannot get to the delete button on the PQ page. This is what -40- is reporting.

The fact that you cannot delete a defective route is new to me. I have been able to delete all routes that seemed defective. When the problem first surfaced a few months ago, I deleted a bunch before I realized that it was a programming problem and not corrupted data. Of late, I have not deleted any because I am waiting for Raine to work on this and he may want samples of the problem to look at them.

Thanks Hynr - that did it - I missed that icon :) !

Hynr is right I had a PQ that had never been run and that I couldn't get to the page to delete it. The archive icon on the PQ list page was the trick I was lookng for. I also have routes that are corrupt but since I haven't reached any limit on them I will end up just ignoring them. :unsure:

-40-

Hi -40-, Have you tried deleting these defective PQs by using the table listing all your PQs? It's not obvious or even documented, but if you look at the table, you see a checkbox as the first item in each table row. Check all the ones you want to delete. Then go to the very bottom of the column of checkboxes. Hold the pointy finger over the icon at the bottom of that column and note that it comes up with the tip "Archive Selected PQ's". It's hidden in plain sight. Click and those checked items are toast. "Archived", "deleted", "untabled", "toast",... whatever...

The fact that you cannot delete a defective route is new to me. I have been able to delete all routes that seemed defective.

I think this problem has been reported elsewhere but this is still a problem. I was able to use your PQ work-around to delete the PQ's that referenced the bad routes but I still have 7 bad routes in my route list. Interestingly they seem to be the first routes on my route list -- the first 7 I created shortly after the feature became available. One's created after that seem to be fine.

If you click on a route you can identify a bad one because the number of turns is "0" and the map shown is just east of Seattle. If you try to modify it in any way (including delete) you are just returned to the main route page but the route is still there (or unmodified).

Here's an example route that happens to be public.

GO$Rs

Edit: added route linky

Edited by g-o-cashers