windows vista and PDA not syncing for .pdb files to cachemate from gsak

Did you check on the Palm website for a patch or upgrade for their Palm Desktop software.

I have had problems with this laptop that runs Win XP Media Edition. The Palm HotSync is not compatible, but I have been able to send the .pdb files, Exported from GSAK, to my Palm using a little program called Pilot Install. I only get the Blue Screen of Death once in a while now that I am using that, instead of every time with the Palm HotSync.

is anyone using windows vista to upload .pdb files to palm (cachemate) from gsak. my windows xp computer died and not able to transfer the file this way. any suggestions? <_<

i tried to use vista with my palm tx hand held and cachemate. i am very disgusted with windows vista. i ended up paying 150.00 to convert my new pc from vista home basic to windows xp pro.

i havent had any problems with .pdb files.

the problem that led me to converting my once vista pc to xp pro was no support or no patches available from the palmsource website. try checking out www.palmsource.com. i didnt check recently for any patched or related things due to my no longer using vista. there may now be current patches and updates.

best regards

archie

is anyone using windows vista to upload .pdb files to palm (cachemate) from gsak. my windows xp computer died and not able to transfer the file this way. any suggestions? <_<

The workaround is to put the .pdb file on the sd card (assuming your palm uses one) using the reader on your pc then pop the card into the palm and "import" the file. It's slower but it does work. The full instructions are HERE