Lost Basemap On Explorist 500

I started using topo canada on my explorist a while back and in the process upgraded firmware to 2.57. After I installed detail maps i noticed I no longer had a basemap, only a blank outline of the countries. I thought that must just be a downside to using detail maps untill today, I tried to turn off the detail map and get my basemap back on. It appears it is gone. It stilll says basemap in my menu under active map but nothing shows up.

So my question is, how do I go about getting my basemap back?

I guess a basemap is still there but it's now an European one because V2.57 of the firmware ist available for Europe only. :rolleyes:

If you didn't save your original basemap you can download a North American one from the rhamphorhinkx site (na_lb112) and replace the European basemap with it (folder 'Background Maps' on your Explorist).

Cornix

yup that is definatley what I did. Thanks. Now I cant seem to get it to recognize the North American basemap I downloaded from that site. I put it into my background maps folder but it just doesnt show up on my Gps. is it supposed to be a .rar file? ill play with it some more.

I put it into my background maps folder but it just doesnt show up on my Gps. is it supposed to be a .rar file?

No, rar is an archive format like zip, you have to extract the basemap file (BASEMAP.MGI) first. There's a free program called 7-zip that can handle rar archives.

Cornix