FSM Auction Removed

tw3nty3ight

To right all thats wrong in the world, and to "hopefully" stop emails threatining me and or my girlfriend I have removed the two auctions that I previously posted.

I would like to thank those of you that congratulated me on being a lucky one to get these coins. To the others, well I am sorry for your bitterness and I apologize if my being excited after waiting for hours upon hours as all the rest of us had, and didnt think that there would be sensless reprecussions among this forum or so much hatred aimed at me over a coin.

This will not deter me from listing these for sale evenually but I am holding off for now. I also have some for trade so if anyone is interested please email with a link to your list.

Thanks,

Tw3nty3ight

If you are receiving emails threatening you or a member of your family, you need to contact Groundspeak. No one is allowed to threaten you especially over a geocoin.

Ya well I'm putting the drama behind me, and these were not through Groundspeak. These were other forms of communication that someone must have done some research in order to contact me. Therefore no email addy to refer or username.

Oh well, there are some people that amaze me. :laughing:

If you are receiving emails threatening you or a member of your family, you need to contact Groundspeak. No one is allowed to threaten you especially over a geocoin.

Ditto that. Report them immediately, this is not ok.

As for the auction, as long as you say in your auction that it is a pre-sale you can list it.

Here is the pre-sale info.

Pre-sale listings are those that describe items for sale that are not in the control or possession of the seller at the time of the listing. These listings generally consist of items that are sold in advance of a delivery date to the public.

eBay permits Pre-sale listings only on a limited basis. The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing. Additionally, this text must be no less than the default font size of the eBay Sell-Your-Item form. Currently, the default font size is HTML font size 3.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Right the listing up correctly within the regs and re-list it and most importantly report the abusers.

As for the auction, as long as you say in your auction that it is a pre-sale you can list it.

Pre-sale listings are those that describe items for sale that are not in the control or possession of the seller at the time of the listing. These listings generally consist of items that are sold in advance of a delivery date to the public.

eBay permits Pre-sale listings only on a limited basis. The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing. Additionally, this text must be no less than the default font size of the eBay Sell-Your-Item form. Currently, the default font size is HTML font size 3.

Listing cancellation

Account suspension

Right the listing up correctly within the regs and re-list it and most importantly report the abusers.

Thanks Hula and I will admit in my moment of adrinaline I went about this the wrong way.

Listing cancellation

Account suspension

That's all well and good but the use of the pictures that were on the 2 listing is a violation of Ebay's policy.....

Listing cancellation

Account suspension

That's all well and good but the use of the pictures that were on the 2 listing is a violation of Ebay's policy.....

Anyone think we should call PETA about the dead horse this guy is beating? :laughing:

Listing cancellation

Account suspension

Anyone think we should call PETA about the dead horse this guy is beating? :laughing:

Not trying to beat a dead horse here..... and I don't have a problem with you or anybody else selling on Ebay....... As Hula stated, do your listing correctly and your go to go...... :rolleyes:

This saddens me profusely.

I put a coin out there as a member of the community and this is what happens?

I know that there's nothing I can do to stop coins from being sold on eBay, it's the same chance that everybody takes. I have no problems with people either agreeing or disagreeing with those practices either - state your opinions.

But, to have cachers email threatening things to somebody else because one person got a coin or two and somebody else didn't? It's not only sad to see, but rather embarrassing to have people like this in our community.

I normally refrain from posting personal opinions with my moderator account, but this surely warranted a comment.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. Expressing dislike for an action is one thing. Threatening somebody over a piece of metal that's worth $10 is plain childish.

This saddens me profusely.

I put a coin out there as a member of the community and this is what happens?

I know that there's nothing I can do to stop coins from being sold on eBay, it's the same chance that everybody takes. I have no problems with people either agreeing or disagreeing with those practices either - state your opinions.

But, to have cachers email threatening things to somebody else because one person got a coin or two and somebody else didn't? It's not only sad to see, but rather embarrassing to have people like this in our community.

I normally refrain from posting personal opinions with my moderator account, but this surely warranted a comment.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. Expressing dislike for an action is one thing. Threatening somebody over a piece of metal that's worth $10 is plain childish.

Thanks FSM,

I just feel like I have been put on the chopping block and now no one will want to trade with me, or if I do decide to put some on ebay, I will still have harsh comments directed towards me. But I am an adult and feel I have went above and beyond to try to make things as right as possible in this matter to appease my fellow coin collectors. With that said. I will not let this/and or people ruin my hobby or love of coin collecting.

Wonderful coin btw, and feel somewhat responsible for the fiasco.

First off, let me say in the email trade with you tw3nty3ight, I am in no way mad at you. You are somewhat new and are just getting into coins. I have made mistakes in my early days also. But that is just wrong for someone to threaten you over a geocoin. Yeah, I am bummed that I did not get one but I can trade for one. No $10 dollar geocoin is worth a threat to someone or that someones girlfriend. That person just needs to cool off by taking a chill pill. I am very sorry to hear this and wish you the best of luck with your future coin trading and buying.

Edited by Son of Cyclops

I am sorry some one felt it was necessary to threaten you over a coin. Where I have already made my feelings known about the situation, I will not restate them here. tw3nty3ight, I also am new to the coin collecting realm and I am sure I will make many blunders while collecting. I am sure every person here has had an oops or two also.

Well.. I would never eBay a trade coin, or a gifted coin - but when I purchase a coin, its mine to do what I wish with.

Sorry, but theres nothing wrong with ebay-ing a purchased coin.

And.. I agree with everyone else - to be threatened over a coin is seriously twisted. Makes you want to tell someone to get a life.

Ebay was used in the past by many sellers to pre-sale coins. I dont know why this would be any different.

It has to be clearly stated in the ebay listing that it is a presale and the item is not in hand yet. If the auction doesn't state that it can be pulled. He also used pictures that clearly weren't his which is also against ebay policy.

I don't have a problem with people seling coins on ebay that they have purchased as I have done it myself and will again in the future. The problem last night ws not only did he not follow ebay policy but they way he did it was almost like bragging and rubbing it in that "Hey I got some and you didn't" That's the way he came off. There is absolutely no reason though that he should have gotten harrassing email. That is totally wrong and should be reported.

Ebay was used in the past by many sellers to pre-sale coins. I dont know why this would be any different.

It has to be clearly stated in the ebay listing that it is a presale and the item is not in hand yet. If the auction doesn't state that it can be pulled. He also used pictures that clearly weren't his which is also against ebay policy.

I don't have a problem with people seling coins on ebay that they have purchased as I have done it myself and will again in the future. The problem last night ws not only did he not follow ebay policy but they way he did it was almost like bragging and rubbing it in that "Hey I got some and you didn't" That's the way he came off. There is absolutely no reason though that he should have gotten harrassing email. That is totally wrong and should be reported.

Id LOVE to know where you got that, but hey this is coming from someone that made some pretty outlandish comments last night too. :rolleyes:

I guess what I am trying to say is, there are many people that do pre-orders with Paypal when it states you need to ship the item within 2 weeks. I know a few people who are waiting over a month for their coin. I just hope we dont call one person out, let alone threaten them or their family.

As someone posted earlier, its a coin.

tw3nty3ight, sorry to hear that you are getting nasty e-mails.. Thats not right.

Ye, I'm sorry I did not get any of these coins,,, get yours back on e-bay,,, I need a set :rolleyes::P

You bought them, you can do what you want with them,

Harry

Thanks,

These will be back on ebay this evening (hopefully), I am waiting for picture rights right now.

I guess what I am trying to say is, there are many people that do pre-orders with Paypal when it states you need to ship the item within 2 weeks. I know a few people who are waiting over a month for their coin. I just hope we dont call one person out, let alone threaten them or their family.

As someone posted earlier, its a coin.

THANK YOU!

I don't think he was rubbing it in at all. He was quite forthcoming in why he had to sell them. He was in trouble with the Girlfriend! Then he started the auction at $1. He also was taking trade offers. So I don't think the guy was rubbing it in. He is a new guy who doesn't have many coins to trade who lucked upon a great trader coin.

When he was made aware that there were a couple of issues with his ebay listing, he took it down immediately.

So while a lot of people may not like it, these coins are his to do what he wants with.

I don't think he was rubbing it in at all. He was quite forthcoming in why he had to sell them. He was in trouble with the Girlfriend! Then he started the auction at $1. He also was taking trade offers. So I don't think the guy was rubbing it in. He is a new guy who doesn't have many coins to trade who lucked upon a great trader coin.

When he was made aware that there were a couple of issues with his ebay listing, he took it down immediately.

So while a lot of people may not like it, these coins are his to do what he wants with.

Thank you mustang I cannot thank you enough!

And thanks to everyone for the emails of support and such. I have realized that for every 1 bad email I received 4-5 emails of support. Its good to see that there are a few bad apples but they arent spoiling this bunch!

Id LOVE to know where you got that, but hey this is coming from someone that made some pretty outlandish comments last night too. :rolleyes:

Ebay's presale policies were posted in one of the threads last night. Since apparently you didn't see it last night, here it is again. I have cut and pasted and here is the direct link http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Listing cancellation

Account suspension

Not sure about the outlandish comments I made last night that you are referring to......

LadyBee4T,

Hello there, I am sorry as if you feel you must take the time out of your day to repeat things that have already been brought up over and over. I never once denied and openly admitted I went about it the wrong way. I am sorry for your bitterness and wish you well in your travels. But to keep beating the dead horse is very childish if you want my 2 cents. Anyrate I feel as If I handled the situation with some class and come to realize that others wont.

Thanks to the FSM threads flying around, anyone selling this on eBay is going make out like a bandit! I know if I bought one and decided to sell it, that would be my choice. I wouldnt let a mob decide what they think is fair.

If twenty-eight would have waited till he got his coins, his eBay sale would not have even been mentioned at all. The fact that he did do it early, still doesnt change any of the facts. He got a coin and some didnt. Because he chose to sell early is not the reason that some did not get coins. Since there were no limits, anything goes.

Edited by cgmoyer

As a true pioneer of forum idiocy, let me be the first to offer the official wagers for FSM geocoin-related matters beginning today, July 24, 2007 at 2:15pm:

24 hours - Is the over/under for how long before a "brand new" eBay account fires up a couple of FSM coins for your bidding pleasure.

24.5 hours - Is the over/under for when the above auction is "outed" on the forums.

36 hours - Is the over/under for how long before an identifiable account puts one up for bid.

36.5 hours - Is the over/under on when the identifiable account is "outed" on the forums.

$125.00 - Is the over/under for how much the very first FSM coin auction ends at.

14 - Is the over/under for the number of bids in the auction.

5/1 - Are the odds that FSM will commission additional coins to be placed on sale again.

6/5 - Are the odds he doesn't.

1/9 - Are the odds that someone, somewhere will continue to blame a specific company, rather than fellow geocoin collectors' demand, for their inability to purchase a coin from the interwebnet.

CONDITIONS: No dieties, or general carbohydrate-based entities are eligible, however bettors may pray to said dieties for guidance. Any "signs" from said diety up to and including a talking plate of fettucini or a spatter of marinara that forms any divine message shall invalidate said bettor's eligibility.

Wager safely, and please check your tickets before leaving the window! :rolleyes:

As a true pioneer of forum idiocy, let me be the first to offer the official wagers for FSM geocoin-related matters beginning today, July 24, 2007 at 2:15pm:

24 hours - Is the over/under for how long before a "brand new" eBay account fires up a couple of FSM coins for your bidding pleasure.

24.5 hours - Is the over/under for when the above auction is "outed" on the forums.

36 hours - Is the over/under for how long before an identifiable account puts one up for bid.

36.5 hours - Is the over/under on when the identifiable account is "outed" on the forums.

$125.00 - Is the over/under for how much the very first FSM coin auction ends at.

14 - Is the over/under for the number of bids in the auction.

5/1 - Are the odds that FSM will commission additional coins to be placed on sale again.

6/5 - Are the odds he doesn't.

1/9 - Are the odds that someone, somewhere will continue to blame a specific company, rather than fellow geocoin collectors' demand, for their inability to purchase a coin from the interwebnet.

CONDITIONS: No dieties, or general carbohydrate-based entities are eligible, however bettors may pray to said dieties for guidance. Any "signs" from said diety up to and including a talking plate of fettucini or a spatter of marinara that forms any divine message shall invalidate said bettor's eligibility.

Wager safely, and please check your tickets before leaving the window! :P

LOL If bets have been taken, someone just won :rolleyes:

LOL If bets have been taken, someone just won :rolleyes:

I'm definately betting on the additional coins. Nothing on that site seems to go away for long. Hope they arent calling any of their coins Limited Editions.

Jayman11

FYI - As mentioned last night, I will be having a cacher post two of these coins for sale tonight on eBay on my behalf.

Mauison has agreed to handle the sales for me. My thoughts on doing this:

1) With a few more coins on Ebay, it may drive the prices down (more supply)

2) If anybody is going to profit on the re-sale of these, it should be me

As to whether or not there will be a remint. It is way to early to tell - but as I stated a few weeks ago there would need to be compelling reasons to do so. It's not the way I am leaning, that's for sure.

Hmmm, maybe I'll do a small run of two-tones. :rolleyes:

:P

FYI - As mentioned last night, I will be having a cacher post two of these coins for sale tonight on eBay on my behalf.

As to whether or not there will be a remint. It is way to early to tell - but as I stated a few weeks ago there would need to be compelling reasons to do so. It's not the way I am leaning, that's for sure.

Be true to the noodle :) Two tone rocks! :)

What I see here is FSM trying to make a few extra $$ on ebay before announcing a re-mint. I would think we should have all the facts up front. Otherwise, those not knowing will be left paying a high price for a coin.

Just my thoughts.

Be true to the noodle :) Two tone rocks! :)

Agreed! (Hiya, Moop!!!)

Hmmm, maybe I'll do a small run of two-tones. :P

:)

Be true to the noodle :rolleyes: Two tone rocks! :)

Agreed! (Hiya, Moop!!!)

Hiya AT :) My vote is for shiny gold on shiny nickel

For those that missed the joke, there will not be a two-tone coin minted.

Just trying to add a bit of humor to a situation that has gotten ridiculously out of hand already.

Please, everybody lighten up.

D'ya hear that Moop...?

The Pasta-frisbee is PLAYING us! :rolleyes: