CoinsAndPins 23 July Monday Sale

CoinsAndPins

Seriously? It's a coin, who is the one who should be ashamed, the company who sold out in 60 seconds or the person who pushes their kids/work/wife aside to get that coin? The issue here is that this has become like a drug fix for some people and perhaps a step back and look at what's important in life would be a good thing right about now.

A very wise post. I hope that people listen to it, and I hope that it makes them think a bit.

:laughing: But spoken by someone that I'll bet has the coin! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Just another typical sale, lots of hoopla build up and the same results that we have seen before. I don't buy from them but I always pull up a chair for what I know is coming. LOL :laughing:

Oh, might it also be possible that the person doing the most defending has one hand in the companies pocket and a handful of coins in the other that they didn't have to fight the web site for? HMMMM.

Seriously? It's a coin, who is the one who should be ashamed, the company who sold out in 60 seconds or the person who pushes their kids/work/wife aside to get that coin? The issue here is that this has become like a drug fix for some people and perhaps a step back and look at what's important in life would be a good thing right about now.

Random. Not sure who was pushing his/er family aside but thanks for sharing.

Count me as someone who had coins lost while selecting a shipping method. While disappointing, I don't fault C&P for selling out. But the whole "no full shopping cart is safe" is rather disappointing. I've never encountered that issue anywhere else online including other "mad dash" buying frenzies. I have no knowledge of how these things work but if there were a way to only allow coins into a shopping cart if they had the supply to cover it I suspect it would go a long way towards not annoying their customers.

Nice coin, FSM.

Well, I got busy tonight and forgot all about the sale till just a bit ago. Looks like maybe all I missed was some frustration. I was more interested in the GeocachingDragon coins than the FSM, but planned to get both. Looks like both are gone though. Hopefully it'll be like other coins and they'll eventually show up again.

purely from an informational standpoint, I'd be interested in a stat of how many coins were ordered per person and/or transaction. I doubt they (or any other coin seller) would distribute that stat, but it would be interesting if they did.

No one ordered more than 10 of any coin tonight; almost all were for 1 or 2 coins of each. That is how all our sales go. So I don't see the need for a limit. Some people are upset that a small limit is not set for coins on our site, but what if they were someone who was buying for a few other people because they could not make the sales time? I am sure they would not want a limit then; especially if they were on the receiving end of the deal. Not only that, a limit would entice people to register additional accounts and make multiple purchases. So limits are not effective either way.

Even though we did not get any,we find the threads about this coin so entertaining,it was worth it! LOL!!

Just a suggestion, but it may be a good idea to list the sale time like this; coin will be up between 4-8 P.M. That way you stop a massive hit at the same minute.You will still deal with the snowball effect,BUT it will not be an AVALANCHE! No new server,and more fair. Makes for more happy customers.(We do consult for a small fee :laughing: )

One other thing.We noticed a couple of folks that complained about E-Bayers have actually asked us how to go about it.

LOVE THESE THREADS!!!LOL!! :rolleyes:

(Edited for speeeling! LOL!)

Edited by Ryder3 & Better Half

No one ordered more than 10 of any coin tonight; almost all were for 1 or 2 coins of each. That is how all our sales go. So I don't see the need for a limit. Some people are upset that a small limit is not set for coins on our site, but what if they were someone who was buying for a few other people because they could not make the sales time? I am sure they would not want a limit then; especially if they were on the receiving end of the deal. Not only that, a limit would entice people to register additional accounts and make multiple purchases. So limits are not effective either way.

Are the FSM geocoins officially sold out? If not, should we be watching the site for them to appear sometime soon?

How the HECK ???

FSM coin

Selling the item before it is in hand. I didn't read the listing, but as long as the listing clearly states presale and the item is not in hand, but will be delivered within 30 days, eBay allows it.

And no, that's not my listing. I was unable to purchase any of the coins.

Sale ended early due to "Error in Listing". I never for a moment thought it was yours AG. You've got more integrity than that! :laughing:

How the HECK ???

FSM coin

Selling the item before it is in hand. I didn't read the listing, but as long as the listing clearly states presale and the item is not in hand, but will be delivered within 30 days, eBay allows it.

I peeked and the bidding has ended with No bids!

Edited by fairyhoney

How the HECK ???

FSM coin

I peeked and the bidding has ended with No bids!

There were two auction that were cancelled 1 did have 2 bids ....

Well, I got busy tonight and forgot all about the sale till just a bit ago. Looks like maybe all I missed was some frustration. I was more interested in the GeocachingDragon coins than the FSM, but planned to get both. Looks like both are gone though. Hopefully it'll be like other coins and they'll eventually show up again.

Me too. :laughing: I wasn't able to get either. I guess that is why they didn't appear on the geocoin list at the sight ! Rats!!!

Are the FSM geocoins officially sold out? If not, should we be watching the site for them to appear sometime soon?

There are only a few left. These will be on standby for the next few days until the current orders are filled. Then we will re-inventory and put the remainder on the site. There will not be a notice for the rest of the coins since it is so few and we have to start gearing up for the next sale of new coins.

There are only a few left. These will be on standby for the next few days until the current orders are filled. Then we will re-inventory and put the remainder on the site. There will not be a notice for the rest of the coins since it is so few and we have to start gearing up for the next sale of new coins.

So, :laughing: does that mean that we won't be notified by e-mail?

Who needs 10 of ANY coin? If I were buying for someone else as well as myself, I still wouldn't need more than 5. It's obvious that someone buying 10 coins is doing it for the purpose of reselling. And if they have to purchase extra coins under multiple accounts, at least it would slow them down so that the little people would have a ghost of a chance at getting just one.

No sense beating a dead horse. I've put my money where my mouth is; I emptied my cart and requested that I be removed from the C&P mailing list. Beautiful products can not always make up for rotten customer service.

I agree. Their servers got hammered to pieces. So bad that they couldn't even upload the coins to the site. I don't understand why all of the angry responses are being directed to the vendor though. There were only 250 coins for sale. First come first served. Yes, there may be a better way to handle the shopping cart, but these things only happen once or twice a year. Can they really justify spening the kind of money to upgrade the servers, internet connection and shopping cart software? 99% of the time, it runs just fine. If they spent that kind of cash today, how long before they made that money back? next year?

I don't have the answers either, but cut them a little slack. If you got a coin, good for you, if you didn't, then I am sure you will eventually end up with one sooner or later.

And to those people that are saying that they will never shop at C&P again.... I'm bett ing you would go there *right now* if you heard there were more FSM coins for sale. :laughing:

Who needs 10 of ANY coin? If I were buying for someone else as well as myself, I still wouldn't need more than 5. It's obvious that someone buying 10 coins is doing it for the purpose of reselling. And if they have to purchase extra coins under multiple accounts, at least it would slow them down so that the little people would have a ghost of a chance at getting just one.

I was trying to buy for 3 different people tonight so its NOT obvious that buying 10 coins is for the purpose of reselling. 2 metals 3 people 2 each of each metal = 12 coins to order

No sense beating a dead horse. I've put my money where my mouth is; I emptied my cart and requested that I be removed from the C&P mailing list. Beautiful products can not always make up for rotten customer service.

That is their business if they want 10 coins, but weather it was an FSM coin or another it does not really matter. Maybe they want to activate them and put them in caches where they should go. It is always good to have extra coins in caches since some will always get lost. Maybe they want to make trades, and having extra coins is great for ensuring good trades.

Why is it rotten service if a limited number of coins are directed to be made by the coin owner and they are sold out immediately?

Bingo! Thank you for your words of wisdom LadeBear68.

Why is it rotten service if a limited number of coins are directed to be made by the coin owner and they are sold out immediately?

Rotten service because people that had them in their shopping cart were told they were sold out when they went to pay for them right away.

Ever stop to think that might be a software glitch or something like that and not some evil way to screw with the customer?

Didn't think so. :laughing:

I remember waaaaay back when the Georgia Cachers offered their Limited Edition Georgia Peach. They didn't have a store website, and they even had a limit of 2 coins. Yet they got pretty hammered for not having a better system to make it fair for everyone. They went by email time stamps and such, and it was still a pretty big mess for them. So, this is all nothing new to the geocoin community. Just a more recent example of how we're all at the mercy of technology.

Again, this was my decision to not place limits on the amount of coins. Not C&P. If you are unhappy with the way this went down, direct your anger where it should be. Do I wish the shopping cart experience was better? Sure. But as I stated in a few posts, I could not guarantee the time that these would go on sale or the experience.

Thank you.

And it is possible that some lucky new person got them and will use them for trade because they have nothing else to trade until this purchase.

Yes, I've seen multiple people state that their extras are available for trade already. This makes me happy.

Congrats on the sell out FSM.

I wasn't one of the buyers, tried for a bit but had other more important things to tend to (crying baby and all) so I shall look to see about a trade later on in the future when I get some traders in.

This should be a happy moment for you FSM, don't let it be any other way.

Congrats again,

CA

Just wanted to say that I could never be mad at C&P! Although I do wish it worked out a little better today and I didnt get my FSM and Caching dragon, Ive attended events where they have donated so much! I even got a .999 Silver Geocache America!!! :rolleyes:

Granted others may have had problems before, and today may have been the straw that did it for them. Just think of the good that AC Productions has contributed to! They didnt mean for this to happen! and this doesnt make them any less of a supplier! They just got hit hard...Real Hard! I think 60 seconds is one for the books as far as I know!

We gotta be looney for these coins!!!!...Its about fun, and I saw alot of folks not havin any fun...Heck I went through hell and back (In my book) to try and get this coin, and as many probably didnt go through what I did...It was definatley interesting seeing this whole process unfold!

I hope ya'll continue to shop with them that had bad feelings about this...The Box, Check the outsides!...Its not so bad!

Don't worry C & P...for all I'm worth, I'll still be watching and waiting for your next great coin! I remember buying that beautiful .999 Silver GA coin last year, was pretty worried they'd be sold out before I could get a couple (one for me and one for a friend)...but you still have those (goes to show how tough it is to gauge how a sale will go)! :rolleyes:

Man did you guys get hammered at the sales...and then afterwards too from the looks of it!

I remember waaaaay back when the Georgia Cachers offered their Limited Edition Georgia Peach. They didn't have a store website, and they even had a limit of 2 coins. Yet they got pretty hammered for not having a better system to make it fair for everyone. They went by email time stamps and such, and it was still a pretty big mess for them. So, this is all nothing new to the geocoin community. Just a more recent example of how we're all at the mercy of technology.

Well said Yime.

While I may be disappointed that the coins sold out before I could complete my payment. It really isn't that big of a deal. If I had realized that only 250 were being sold, I probably would have completed my payment immediately. I really thought this would have been at least a 500 coin run.

Rotten service because people that had them in their shopping cart were told they were sold out when they went to pay for them right away.

Ever stop to think that might be a software glitch or something like that and not some evil way to screw with the customer?

Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's not a software "glitch", it's just a poorly written shopping cart program.

To set the record straight:

My husband and I use the same account on the forums and sometimes I do not distinguish which one of us is actually posting. I DO THE MAJORITY OF THE POSTS ON OUR ACCOUNT, MANDY. I personally have an issue with reselling coins on ebay for an outrageous amount of money. The harder to find coins go for higher prices, law of supply and demand. I have a limit as to what I will spend on a coin and it is normally not much more than what it would have went for originally. Mike does not agree with me on this. He will pay more for a coin he likes despite actual value. He has definately considered resell on ebay. After researching it and talking to a few ebayers, we have decided this is not for us. What seems harmless enough on the outside, causes hurtful feelings for others. It would appear some have discovered exactly how hurtful this can be via the backlash. What little profit can be made is simply not worth it to us.

This won't stop us from purchasing from C&P or from ebay on occassion. I can however, guarantee I will not be purchasing the FSM coin FROM EBAY, not after the drama here in the forums. It is pretty coin but will not be in my collection unless I trade for it or buy directly from C&P.

Mandy

Hey, I didn't even want the FSM coin-sorry, no offense. I am pretty new to coin collecting. I have often wondered when I do go to buy a coin, why there aren't limits, but it's not the end of the world either if I don't get a coin. I had the same problems on the website-I did manage to get one coin, but never even saw a picture of the Dragon coin, so I thought C&P changed their minds and didn't offer the coin.

There will be other really cool coins-some of them even start to look alike after awhile! :rolleyes: I guess I just remind myself what I love about geocaching, and coins are just icing on the cake for me.