CoinsAndPins 23 July Monday Sale

CoinsAndPins

Hello,

The site is not working right now. Don't bother emailing us about it, since the email won't go through at this time, and we are already aware of the problem. None of the new products are loaded with any quantity on them since the site went down as I was doing that; so once things calm down we will add the quantities.

If it doesn't get better later then we will have our web guys do a fix tomorrow and we will put out a new newsletter when the next sale will start. The next news letter will be short notice for this sale.

I am going to go eat some dinner so that I can have some food for the day. Maybe it will be better by the time I am done eating.

Thank you.

Ok, your site isn't working right now....

Quite honestly, as a customer of your site, I would really appreciate an answer that isn't so ambiguous.

For example;

1.) Our site isn't working....no new coins for sale until 9pm EST

2.) Our site isn't working...we will try to offer them tomorrow at 7pm EST

I don't know whether I should sit there and refresh, wait for a newsletter or what? Obviously there are alot of people who are excited about getting this coin, so something a little more concrete would be nice, even though your site may not be working right now. Get what I'm saying? Just my thoughts...

tsun :laughing:

Wow C & P, you should really be ashamed of yourselves. You announced a sale that didn't happen when it was supposed to happen. A lot of people scheduled time to be at their computers for the promised sale and have now missed out. When it became evident that the sale was not happening within a reasonable amount of time, you should have delayed the sale and announced the updated date and time so that everyone had a chance.

its in my shopping cart...but still says SOLD OUT...is it sold out or not?? :laughing:

thanks

Now I'm fed up! I had the same thing just happen to me with the FSM coins...3 in my cart went to add a different coin and checkout and BAM out of stock in my cart. BOOOOOO

I'm done with buying coins from that site. Have yet to have a good experience with purchasing from there.

Jayman11

Edited by jho135
Great, sold out, I didn't get one :rolleyes:

I have two in my basket and by the time I hit checkout they were out of stock!

Same thing happened to me on the Skullduggery coins awhile back sent email to C&P asking what's the use of the shopping cart if they disappear when you continue shopping or even before you can ck out :laughing:

Went over to Castle & Pins and ordered me some kewl knights. Came back and still nothin at Coins & Pins! Maybe you guys should talk to Castle Man...

Your comparing apples to oranges.

I don't know about comparing apples to oranges. I do know that Castle Man has excellent customer service, fair pricing, and fair shipping. I'm never disappointed when I shop at his site.

I am also fed up with this company. If you get something in your shopping cart it should stay there until you finish shopping. Would you like someone taking groceries out of your cart in the store? Nope and I don't like it happening online. I never even saw them up but I have now emptied my cart of the other coins I had there. Unfortunately I was also trying for 2 others too.

Ok, the C&P site definitely needs to take a different approach to inventory tracking wrt shopping cart vs paid vs actual inventories. :rolleyes:

I guess part of the problem is that items in shopping carts for registered accounts don't time out. You can put something in your cart, and while your browser session will expire, when you log back in again, your shopping cart is restored. :lol:

I wouldn't mind it if the shopping cart expired in a minute or two, as long as I have the chance to purchase what is in my cart! :laughing:

Name ONE bricks and mortar store that will yank something out of your cart and sell it to another customer just because you were looking at another item on the shelf! :lol:

Seriously? It's a coin, who is the one who should be ashamed, the company who sold out in 60 seconds or the person who pushes their kids/work/wife aside to get that coin? The issue here is that this has become like a drug fix for some people and perhaps a step back and look at what's important in life would be a good thing right about now.

Wouldn't be such a rush if people were only buying for their own collections or maybe an additional coin for trades instead of buying as many as they can to resell on ebay. More people would have a chance at the coins if they were limited in the number they could buy. I have never had a problem buying from C&P. Coins are always worth the amount and arrive within a few days of my purchase.

I am also fed up with this company. If you get something in your shopping cart it should stay there until you finish shopping. Would you like someone taking groceries out of your cart in the store? Nope and I don't like it happening online. I never even saw them up but I have now emptied my cart of the other coins I had there. Unfortunately I was also trying for 2 others too.

Funny I was just thinking the opposite. When you go onto a ticket site you have 3-6 minutes to confirm your seats or you lose them. I think this is what they need, you get X minutes to do it, then it dumps back into inventory.

For all the hub bub, this only happens once maybe twice a year (the site seizing), the rest of the time it runs perfectly smooth. I also enjoy the "comparing" to other companies, when none of the other companies have ever had coins on their sites as popular as the compass rose.

Is it annoying that it freezes up? Yes, but is it worth it to C&P to pay the extra money for extra space for the couple of coins a year that create the issue? I doubt it makes financial sense. And my bet is that the people who are "done" with this site will still end up getting the coin, which in the end means they still supported C&P and made a big ole stink for nothing.

I guess part of the problem is that items in shopping carts for registered accounts don't time out. You can put something in your cart, and while your browser session will expire, when you log back in again, your shopping cart is restored. :laughing:

That's not quite true. I have an account and was logged in. Even had another item sitting in my cart waiting for these coins. I got the FSM in my cart, gave my cc info, and it came back to my cart. The FSM coins were marked as OUT OF STOCK, but the other item was still in my cart.

So I wonder how many coins were actually put up for sale. Who guessed a sellout in under 2 minutes? This is no way to run a business. Consumers have rights! If I put something in my shopping cart, it should be there at least long enough to complete the purchase process! :rolleyes:;):lol::lol: Okay, I hate pre-ordering coins but if it guaranteed an end to fiasco's like what happenned today, I'm all for it. I am really disappointed Coins & Pins. This is not about the coins. I get that there are only so many to be had. But if I have something in my cart, it's mine, you're just waiting for my money. This is a software issue and it's gonna cost you in future sales and loyal customers. :laughing:

I only had 2 of each in my cart. I didn't check out because I was afraid an additional metal finish might be added to one of the coin editions while I was checking out (it's happened before) and then I'd have to place another order. I delayed checking out and the quantity of coins loaded had sold out in the meantime. Oh well.

Hopefully that was just a partial amount of the coins and they'll pop back up later :laughing:

So I wonder how many coins were actually put up for sale. Who guessed a sellout in under 2 minutes? This is no way to run a business. Consumers have rights! If I put something in my shopping cart, it should be there at least long enough to complete the purchase process! :rolleyes:;):lol::lol: Okay, I hate pre-ordering coins but if it guaranteed an end to fiasco's like what happenned today, I'm all for it. I am really disappointed Coins & Pins. This is not about the coins. I get that there are only so many to be had. But if I have something in my cart, it's mine, you're just waiting for my money. This is a software issue and it's gonna cost you in future sales and loyal customers. :laughing:

Funny I was just thinking the opposite. When you go onto a ticket site you have 3-6 minutes to confirm your seats or you lose them. I think this is what they need, you get X minutes to do it, then it dumps back into inventory.

See...therein lies the problem. People who were signed in with existing accounts who had these in their cart and went through all the confirmation screens as fast as humanly possible had them yanked from their carts. Had they been in their carts and then they continued to browse the site for 5-10 minutes, absolutely, no problem!

I'm speaking from the outside looking in. I wasn't on the site, and I wasn't going for the elusive FSM coin.

But I think some of the comments here show a level of frustration about not being able to buy something that people want, and nobody listening. I don't have a problem with C&P, and I know firsthand that they do some wonderful things for the geocaching community. But your customers are talking to you here. They set aside time tonight for you, to visit your site. And got nothing. Is it the end of the world? Of course not. But that level of dis-satisfaction should not be belittled. These are paying customers.

Really tired of dealing with this...spent lots of $$'s with this company over the last year...if the site does not work pull the plug on the sale and announce another sale date. This hovering, refreshing, counting pages and coins, wasting time....

If something is broke, announce a regroup and post it....

Just my opinion.....

Edited by JoenSue

I'm speaking from the outside looking in. I wasn't on the site, and I wasn't going for the elusive FSM coin.

But I think some of the comments here show a level of frustration about not being able to buy something that people want, and nobody listening. I don't have a problem with C&P, and I know firsthand that they do some wonderful things for the geocaching community. But your customers are talking to you here. They set aside time tonight for you, to visit your site. And got nothing. Is it the end of the world? Of course not. But that level of dis-satisfaction should not be belittled. These are paying customers.

Well said, the question is, is it a small hand full of very loud people whining or is it genuinely a large group that didn't get them. Because, if it's just the first half, then there wouldn't be much point in re-minting, the second, a different story.

Seriously? It's a coin, who is the one who should be ashamed, the company who sold out in 60 seconds or the person who pushes their kids/work/wife aside to get that coin? The issue here is that this has become like a drug fix for some people and perhaps a step back and look at what's important in life would be a good thing right about now.

A very wise post. I hope that people listen to it, and I hope that it makes them think a bit.

Well said, the question is, is it a small hand full of very loud people whining or is it genuinely a large group that didn't get them. Because, if it's just the first half, then there wouldn't be much point in re-minting, the second, a different story.

I was one that wanted one, didn't get one, but what the heck, it's only a coin. I'm sure sooner or later I'll run across someone willing to trade. I started out in the feeding frenzy but quickly decided it wasn't worth all the hassle. Hope to see a remint or someone who would be willing to trade. After all, as Hula say's "It's a coin, not a kidney"