MWGB 2007 Poker Chip trades

avroair

Wow, I'm gonna have to learn poker one of these days. It can come in handy at mega events. :laughing:

Congrats on the win avroair! Have I traded you one of my non-trackable 2006 personal coins yet? If not, ya interested in one for a poker chip? :o Once I get back from Ukraine I'll hopefully have time to get my 2007 version made (the first version of it anyway).

And out of 200 you only have 20 left??!!

Yeah, he gave 5 to each player who made the final table and 1 coin to just about anyone else in the room who wanted one, whether they played or not. I think he gave several away at the After Bash Party too. He basically was very generous with his winnings.

I had the priviledge of winning the MWGB 2007 Poker Tourney and was awarded 200 MWGB 2007 poker chips. After giving away a few and trading a few I have about 20 left available. So if anyone wants to trade (want list below, plus personals) email me :laughing:

I'm so bummed that I didn't make it, but I know, I just know you saved one for me right?!!!

Also FYI-These are nickel as well which differs from the chips used at GeoCoinFest and GeoWoodstock poker games which were gold. Maybe a black nickel poker chip will be on the horizon. Love these poker chips . . .

Geez Jim - I didn't even realize they were silver till I looked at them today. And that was after staring at them on the table all night at the game. Hey - great to meet yo. :laughing:

Nice & shiny with the MWGB duck on the obverse side. Very neat.

Wow, I'm gonna have to learn poker one of these days. It can come in handy at mega events. :(

No you don't...just ask the original players at Table #1. I came, I played, I lost, but I had fun! :D

And I'll second AG--Mark was very generous with his chips!!

Yeah - it is true Islander. Lindsy & I did not know what we were doing. We sat next to each other and I asked the questions while she just looked cute. :laughing::o Actually Lindsy helped fill the table when we were short a player so thank you Lindz!

Really, it was just pure fun. Actually I did way better than I thought and ended up being the last female left in the game. So - ya anyone can play and it really is luck of the draw. :(

Agree with AG as well - Avroair was beyond kind & generous.

Not to take anything away from Mark's victory . . . Just want to give a shout out to TeamLegend4. Thanks for an entertaing spectacle. There are 38 other people (presuming 40 entries) who played who would love to be the first loser (second place). Good job albiet it without the glare of the spotlight.

Not to take anything away from Mark's victory . . . Just want to give a shout out to TeamLegend4. Thanks for an entertaing spectacle. There are 38 other people (presuming 40 entries) who played who would love to be the first loser (second place). Good job albiet it without the glare of the spotlight.

Well you might as well congratulate The Alabama Rambler on finishing 3rd then too :laughing:

Yay TAR :rolleyes:

Well you might as well congratulate The Alabama Rambler on finishing 3rd then too :laughing:

Yay TAR :rolleyes:

I caught **** all the way back to Mississippi for coming in 4th.

I think my fellow cachers looked up anyone that ever came in fourth in anything, and then reminded me that no one remembered them either.

I want to echo the sentiments of Mark's generosity, everyone who wanted one should have gotten one.

Congratulations Mark, may you miss your flight at the next tourney :lol:

Congrats Mark!!!

We love our poker chips. :laughing: I only watched the game until Jason was eliminated and then had a seat. At one point the kids and I were so tired we wished that someone would just hurry up and go all in so we could go to the hotel. Jason wanted to stay for the whole game since he had been at the final table and finished in 6th place. :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

The final table was:

Avroair

Team Legend4

The Alabama Rambler (Ed was next to me from the start!)

Prntr1 (sorry I grinned Chris) :rolleyes:

Jason (didn't get his caching name)

Parents of SAM ~ the other Jason

I can't remember the other two people.

Back on topic, I still have a few poker chips left if anyone is interested. :laughing:

Avroair

aka The Comeback Kid

Big M,

Congrat's on your win! I heard you gave alot of your coins away, how cool. Can someone post a pic, I have no idea what these look like?

tsun :rolleyes:

If you don't get a pic soon Steph, watch Podcacher. They took a set of the final table chips outside and did a photo array, as well as an interview/story on it.

You still doin trades man? I still have that Tiki!!! :rolleyes::P:)

Seriously, that was incredibly generous of you giving them out like that and I appreciated the offer, too. Watching all those beautiful piles of shiny silver being pushed back and forth between you guys was one of the great hilites of the event for me! Thanks for fun, the sparkle and the spectacle :)

Well, I am far from mastering the art of coin picture taking, but here is my feeble attempt.

P7241405.jpg

Thanks for posting that LC and thanks for the suggestion TMA. Cool coin :rolleyes: Maybe I should try to learn how to play poker before GW6, probably should work on a poker face too, I can't help but grin when I get good cards.

tsun :P

Thanks for posting that LC and thanks for the suggestion TMA. Cool coin :rolleyes: Maybe I should try to learn how to play poker before GW6, probably should work on a poker face too, I can't help but grin when I get good cards.

tsun :P

The trick is learning to grin when you have bad cards. :)

Windrose

And out of 200 you only have 20 left??!!

Yeah, he gave 5 to each player who made the final table and 1 coin to just about anyone else in the room who wanted one, whether they played or not. I think he gave several away at the After Bash Party too. He basically was very generous with his winnings.

Ditto on what AG had to say about his generousity...AND the man can sing and dance I've witnessed it first had while standing in three states at one time! <picture playing twister>

Pure talant I'm telling ya.

SuperGenius finished somewhere in the middle of the pack, he had a blast and sends big thanks for the coin gift.

Pepper