How do you store your Geocoins?

tw3nty3ight

Label question...we used the standard return address (30 to a page) labels...annnnnnnnnnd they don't fit on the foam. Did we cut our foam too narrow, do you cut the labels, o you put the label on the sleeve???

No...you have to cut the label a bit to fit them. I put it right on the foam.

You're killing me A&T! :lol:

We've got our first 46 coins ready to be put in sleeves (after I put the labels on). Pics will be coming tomorrow.

Label question...we used the standard return address (30 to a page) labels...annnnnnnnnnd they don't fit on the foam. Did we cut our foam too narrow, do you cut the labels, o you put the label on the sleeve???

No...you have to cut the label a bit to fit them. I put it right on the foam.

You're killing me A&T! :)

We've got our first 46 coins ready to be put in sleeves (after I put the labels on). Pics will be coming tomorrow.

Very cool...I still wish you'd have stuck with the 6mm, though... :lol:

I created this to take to events to show off some of my favorite coins. I also turned it into a travel bug.

01115949-8548-443b-9eb8-e0c9a157e74d.jpg

c623205c-9ec1-4a56-b9c3-aebe09eab48a.jpg

b16d78ed-0f08-4a84-a840-9d66e377cbba.jpg

I really like how your coin holder turned out. I've been looking for an alternative to put a small number of coins into. I didn't think coins would fit into business card holders that easily.... but it looks very nice.

When I saw Nero at a recent event, He also had a travel bug attached to his coin binder. He included business cards that had the tracking numbers for the coins in the binder. This way he could hand over a card instead of having take the time to write down all the tracking numbers. This particular binder holds a limited number of coins and is by far no where near his entire collection.

Thanks. It holds about 30 coins and is much easier to carry than the big binder case I was lugging around at the events in the beginning. Cainrcc had one like it and helped me find all the supplied for it (thanks cainrcc!). The hardest part was finding the business card holders. Would up buying a cheap business card holder book from Walmart for like $2 and then cutting all the pages out if it and punching the holes into it. The 2" coins are snug but they fit. I just cut out foam for both sides of the 2" coin and then piece it together. Our craft stores didn't carry the right size foam, but they do carry the smaller foam with a sticky back. I just stick 2 of them together (one with a sticky back and the other without). I tried it without the sticky backs but they just fell apart.

I wish I had time to organize all my other coins. I just put the rest of them in 3 ring binders with baseball card holders. I put valcro tabs at the top of each opening. That way they don't fall out and I'm able to take them out and move them around.

I really like how your coin holder turned out.

I'd like to echo that too Anthus, it looks really neat and nice and compact.

When I saw Nero at a recent event, He also had a travel bug attached to his coin binder. He included business cards that had the tracking numbers for the coins in the binder. This way he could hand over a card instead of having take the time to write down all the tracking numbers.

What I've seen at the UK events I've been too, is a print out list of the cachers coins, so you can look at their coins at leisure and take their list home to 'discover' the coins.

Thanks. It holds about 30 coins and is much easier to carry than the big binder case I was lugging around at the events in the beginning. Cainrcc had one like it and helped me find all the supplied for it (thanks cainrcc!). The hardest part was finding the business card holders. Would up buying a cheap business card holder book from Walmart for like $2 and then cutting all the pages out if it and punching the holes into it. The 2" coins are snug but they fit. I just cut out foam for both sides of the 2" coin and then piece it together. Our craft stores didn't carry the right size foam, but they do carry the smaller foam with a sticky back. I just stick 2 of them together (one with a sticky back and the other without). I tried it without the sticky backs but they just fell apart.

I wish I had time to organize all my other coins. I just put the rest of them in 3 ring binders with baseball card holders. I put valcro tabs at the top of each opening. That way they don't fall out and I'm able to take them out and move them around.

I've been needing to do some updating on my binder webpage. Hopefully I can get all the information linked so people will know where to go and what to buy. The webpage will still have the larger binders, I'd like to include how to make, and where to get supplies for smaller binders.

I really like to use binders that zip close... for that extra bit of protection against something falling out. So I'm gonna hit some stores today to see what I can find.

Wow Lindsy!! That was quick!! Want to come over and finish mine? :laughing:

...the benefits of finishing grad school classes on Wednesday and not working during the summer! :laughing:

I literally spent ALL day on Friday cutting out the odd shaped coins. Chris cut all the circles in the evenings and well...with my obsessive compulsive nature, it was a quick project!!!! :laughing:

01115949-8548-443b-9eb8-e0c9a157e74d.jpg

I just got back from my local Big Lots!. They had them on sell for $5.

Yes. That is where I got mine. I gutted the entire contents of the binder to make the most room available for coins. Then I purchased a really cheap business card holder (was onlya couple bucks) from Walmart. Cut the pages out and then 3 hole punched them to fit the rings in this binder. I crated my Anthus name on the front by laminating a piece of paper and the hot gluing it onto the front of the binder. I added a travel bug since the majority of coins in the binder are not trackable. You can fit 2 of the smaller coins in one of the business card sleeves and only one with the larger ones. Feel free to link to pictures of my biner and the my TB page.

....Anthus

The place that used to carry the 2.5 inch coin flips (cardboard) with a 2" window stopped carrying them. I've tried coin shops around my area, but can't find 'em. My coins are stacking up. Anybody have a source for these for me?

Thanks in advance....

A cacher in your area who takes his binder to events is Snow wolf75. Maybe you could drop him a line?

The place that used to carry the 2.5 inch coin flips (cardboard) with a 2" window stopped carrying them. I've tried coin shops around my area, but can't find 'em. My coins are stacking up. Anybody have a source for these for me?

Thanks in advance....

I was talking to a guy at the local coin shop and he said they were discontinued.

Thanks in advance....

Several months ago I was looking for those also and put in an order. the store called me on the phone and said they were completely discontinued and they had no source for them. If I did happen on a supply, those would be the last ones available. If you do find some let me know but there were 3 of us working on it at that time.