Google Earth / Geocaching Network KML

The Cooker

I have recently downloaded the Geocaching Network KML and the latest version of Google Earth.

I get the following error message:

Fetch of NetworkLink "Geocaching Network KML" failed (http://api.Groundspeak.com/networkkkml/geocache.aspx? .........

File has missing or bad root element

Do you want to stop fetching, continue, or ignor fetch errors?

Anyone else ran across this? If so were you able to fix it? If so will you tell me how to? :laughing:

I have recently downloaded the Geocaching Network KML and the latest version of Google Earth.

Fetch of NetworkLink "Geocaching Network KML" failed (http://api.Groundspeak.com/networkkkml/geocache.aspx? .........

Anyone else ran across this? If so were you able to fix it? If so will you tell me how to? :laughing:

I am having the same issue and would love any feedback or suggestions.

I have upgraded to the newest GE, so thats not the problem

Edited by dbarreca

I think the easiest way would be to delete your Geocache Browser network link from "My Places" in Google Earth and then click on the Download Geocache Browser link on your account page again to install it in Google Earth.

/René

I have been reading about these problems with google earth because all of a sudden this week I have been completely locked out of using google earth with the geocaching KML. First I got the exceeded views message. Couldn't get around that. Did some searching in the forums and have read about same issues so I decided to got back to the old 3.0 version of google earth and low and behold now I get a fetching error. The fetching eror now comes from both 3.0 and 4.0 versions??!!!! I contacted Groundspeak because the majority opinion seemed to be that it was gc.com problem The response was that it was not and I was referred back to a link that suggested all the things we mac users would have already tried. NOTHING FIXES THIS PROBLEM! Who takes responsibility? Offer a great feature that we get addicted to and take it away. A fix would be very nice. I for one would be willing to pay for this feature. I just upgraded my membership at geocaching.com which I know is separate from google earth, but I feel like I just got ripped off.

Thought I'd try this today, also getting an error message similar to what's mentioned above, i.e., "Fetch of link....failed....parse error at line 3" etc., etc. Is this happening to everyone or is there a fix?

I have been having the problem since yesterday, tried 2 computers & reloaded kml file multiple times on both.

My fetching error says "junk" after (long line of letters & characters).

Hope someone/somewhere gets this straight. Buffpup

i get wrong parameters also

Anyone else ran across this? If so were you able to fix it? If so will you tell me how to? :unsure:

I am having the same issue and would love any feedback or suggestions.

I have upgraded to the newest GE, so thats not the problem

It's working again. I downloaded a new kml file & all was well. If it was part of the upgrades, no problem, but it would be sort of nice of someone said so. Upgrading is painful; we can be patient. Thanks.

BTW, there are 2 threads going on this. I'm going to copy this message to the other one.