Will Attend Logs...

FireRef

How do I get rid of "Will Attend" logs on the My Account page, short of deleting the entries on the cache pages? Both events are over, and I have posted "Attended" logs for both, but both are still showing up on my page. I looked through the forums for a while and searched too - I know there were some issues with this feature, but couldn't find this specific topic... help!

How do I get rid of "Will Attend" logs on the My Account page, short of deleting the entries on the cache pages? Both events are over, and I have posted "Attended" logs for both, but both are still showing up on my page. I looked through the forums for a while and searched too - I know there were some issues with this feature, but couldn't find this specific topic... help!

Yikes!! :laughing:

I never realised that ANY logs would automatically get deleted. I have certainly never received a notification of any of my "Will Attend" logs having been deleted. That is a real pain and I fail to see the logic behind it. Interesting information might have been included in some of those logs. Often part of the fun of an Event cache is the lead up, including the joking around that goes on in the cache's official record. I don't see why TPTB should EVER delete a log unless it violates some terms of service or for similar reasons - it sure can't be to save disk space since the space taken up in the database by "Will Attend" logs must be miniscule in the whole scheme of things. The courtesy of a notification along with a link to the archived log that its originator could access would seem the minimum that should be provided if this is to continue.

Yikes!! :laughing:

I never realised that ANY logs would automatically get deleted. I have certainly never received a notification of any of my "Will Attend" logs having been deleted. That is a real pain and I fail to see the logic behind it. Interesting information might have been included in some of those logs. Often part of the fun of an Event cache is the lead up, including the joking around that goes on in the cache's official record. I don't see why TPTB should EVER delete a log unless it violates some terms of service or for similar reasons - it sure can't be to save disk space since the space taken up in the database by "Will Attend" logs must be miniscule in the whole scheme of things. The courtesy of a notification along with a link to the archived log that its originator could access would seem the minimum that should be provided if this is to continue.

No - you misunderstand....

on the "my account" page - it shows events that you have posted a will attend log to - as a reminder to attend. After 30 days it goes away. What would be nicer is if it would go away after the event is logged as attended.

No logs on a listing page are deleted.

I just ran into the same thing this weekend. I attended the event and posted "Attended" logs, but the "Will Attend is still there. So I have to wait another 2.5 weeks for it to go away? Blech...

No - you misunderstand....

on the "my account" page - it shows events that you have posted a will attend log to - as a reminder to attend. After 30 days it goes away. What would be nicer is if it would go away after the event is logged as attended.

No logs on a listing page are deleted.

Ah - phew :laughing:

Thanks for putting me straight.

Now that I understand the issue it gets me thinking that it would be more useful to automatically generate an e-mail saying "Don't forget to attend the Event tomorrow" than to have a section on the "My Accounts" page. Obviously I had never spotted it on the "My Account" page so it evidently wasn't doing its job for me :o

30 days after the day that you actually logged the Will Attend, not necessarily the day that is shown since you can pre or post date any log. But some people will go to their will attend log and either delete it or change it to a note to get it to not clutter up their QuickView, I don't ddo either since it's important for ones log to stand for what it stands for...

Perhaps one of these days TPTB will correct this 'feature' as I and others have suggested many times.

Edited by trainlove