Is there any method in place to evaluate events?

medclown

It is my considered option that when any organization runs an event...particularly if it it's an annual one like the Midwest Geobash...there needs to be some totally reliable and completely confidential way of getting honest feedback from attendees. Personally, I would suggest developing a questionnaire and placing one in each goodie bag.

I've been around long enough to know that perfect just ain't possible. (As a minister I used to know once said, "The biggest room in the world is ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT!") IMHO, there are several issues involving the Geobash that most definitely need to be addressed! However, I don't think it's fair to expect me (or anyone else, for that matter) to be as frank and open as they might need to be in a public forum. If event organizers want to present the very best event possible every year, they need to know what the attendees have to say...both pro and con!

medclown

Well, there are already avenues in place to get these concerns directly to the organizers.

First off, you could just come out and say it. If you feel so strongly about immediately needing to voice your concerns about MWGB, fire it up. One attendee already posted in his log that the event sucked, and it didn't have any geocaching related activities. IMHO, if the issues are so severe, forum discussion should occur.

Second, the MWGB does have an email account, that is regularly monitored by the event staff. I would recommend if you choose that route, list your issues on paper, and wait a week so the attended logs can be reviewed and cleared out, then drop us a note.

Third, the two main organizers are "Bjorn74" and "trippy1976" on gc.com. They also have direct email to receive your feedback, and always welcome feedback.

Fourth, www.midwestgeobash.org has a forum group, regularly monitored by all the event crew (myself included), that also welcomes feedback.

Hopefully these avenues are sufficient for you, but if not, obviously "MWGB staff" has noticed your request and will take the need for a "super secret private feedback system" under consideration.