Nuvi 610-660-670 Drawbacks/Solutions

Chuy!

I've been using a Nuvi 600 for a week now and immediately noted four drawbacks. Solutions are welcomed.

1. Can't delete waypoints en masse, nor by waypoint type/symbol, etc... I thought I had a bad GPS, but, it's true - you can only delete waypoints one at a time. How lame is that? All hope is not lost, you can delete the waypoints by doing a hard reset in Maintenance Mode. Press n hold upper left corner while turning the GPS on. The drawback is having to redo your customized settings.

2. Can't adjust brightness level. I do alot of night caching and this thing is super bright in the dark. It's very annoying and can see myself getting a headache on a long drive. Maybe, someone will make a tinted screen to place over the screen.

3. POI's display in the map screen only when zoomed in to 200 feet. A single POI will display only if you select Map to view the POI. This is quite lame. With my Venture Cx, I see all POIs on the map page at any zoom level.

4. When I connect the Nuvi to the computer, it automatically goes into Mass Storage Mode. I'm unable to make adjustments to the GPS unless I disconnect. The only thing I can do is download waypoints and charge the battery. I can't even make changes to the 'current.gpx' file that holds the waypoints.

Again, my Venture Cx draws power when connected; I can download waypoints; and make adjustments to the GPS if I have to.

Other than that, the GPS is a good performer.