This Little Piggy Went to... A Cointest Winner!

islander1988

Well, it's a rainy day here in the Maritimes, but made a little brighter by a coin win earlier. :ph34r: So, I thought I'd pass the joy along.

A week and a half ago I held my second geocoin event and did an event coin for it.

eventCoins.jpg

This cointest will be for one of the nickel coins.

regular.jpg

It will start at about quarter after the hour. That will give me time to heat up some food to eat while I watch the forums (and figure out a good question to ask :().

Okay, here it is. The rules are:

- 1 guess per post per 5 minutes

- no editing of guesses

- if you're at MWGB, you're having enough fun & can't play :ph34r:

When I went to high school, it was a big adjustment crowding into a building with about 1000 other people (students and teachers together). The school I had attended previously was not that big.

I went to the same school from primary till the end of grade 9. My question is: my first year of school, how many students did my school have (including me)?

Edited by islander1988

and good luck to all, I am going back to reading Harry Potter I think I am on chapter 3.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! And a lot faster than I thought it would happen. :(

Here is my school when I was a kid.

Send me your addy to send the coin. Thanks everyone for playing!

Contrats TokyoBlossom !!

Wow 7 people. And I thought it was bad here where we still have separate little elementary schools that only have around 20 students. Talk about individual attention. :ph34r:

Wow...I wish to thank islander1988 and Harry Potter book 7 for the answer.

I got a phone call or I would still be reading :(

email sent!

i'm torn between reading book 7 or continuing to reread the series... i'm 50 pages away from the end of book 5 so i don't know if i want to skip 6 or not :unsure:

7 is a small school size!! my high school was 2000 students, i'm sure 8th and below was anywhere from 300-500 kids in school at least

i'm torn between reading book 7 or continuing to reread the series... i'm 50 pages away from the end of book 5 so i don't know if i want to skip 6 or not sad.gif

Definitely finish your reread first :unsure: It is possible to keep your eyes and ears closed to the details in book 7, read it on your on time :( But that is just my 2¢

And I should add while I did not go to a small school, shout out to the NYC public school system!, my mom was from a small town and had something like 12 or 24 in a class. I was going out on a far limb today, but as my guesses in today's other contests were off I figure why not :P

Edited by TokyoBlossom

Congrats to TokyoBlossom and thanks to Islander1988 for the cointest. It's just as well that I am just now finding out about this cointest because I would never have gotten the answer correct.

I was amazed that there were only 7 kids in the school. I have never heard of such a thing and had no idea that something like that even existed.

Thanks for sharing that picture, too. That schoolhouse looks adorable.

I just got back Monday night from a 2 week trip so I'm finally getting around to reading the forums. Glad to hear the coin arrived okay TokyoBlossom and that you liked it. :( Maybe when I get resettled I'll have another cointest. Till then it's back to catching up on things.

And yes Degai, in the rural communities tiny schools do exist, or at least they did. With school amalgamations and young people leaving for the cities I don't know how many of the tiny schools like the one I went to are left. It's becoming a thing of the past.