Backup Waypoints on GPS 60

How do I backup the waypoints on my Garmin GPS 60 to my PC? I can do it on my Nuvi 660: my PC recognizes the Nuvi in Windows Explore and its files (both internal and SD Card) and I just copy the waypoints. My GPS 60 is not recognized in Windows Explore. I know that the connection (via USB) is there as I can send cache coordinates to the 60.

How do I backup the waypoints on my Garmin GPS 60 to my PC? I can do it on my Nuvi 660: my PC recognizes the Nuvi in Windows Explore and its files (both internal and SD Card) and I just copy the waypoints. My GPS 60 is not recognized in Windows Explore.

The waypoints are not on the card, so putting the 60 into Interface | storage mode will not access them but it should show up as a drive in Windoze Explore{r}.

How are you getting waypoints *into* the 60? mapsource, easygps, etc, will download/backup the waypoints nicely.

Most folks open MapSource, hook up the GPSr, hit the button to download from GPSr, check the Waypoints box, and there you have it. Then, go to file, save, and give the mapsource some memorable name (like "the file with the waypoints I backed up on July 21, 2007" or something).

When you want to put the waypoints back on to the GPSr, start MapSource, open the file, and upload 'em.