Happy LAke District Camping

No idea on whether it's a cheap campsite but a few weeks back I did a abit caching round Borrowdale which took me through the campsite at Holmcrag Farm which looked very good (alot of cachers stayed their for a meet so someone should be able to post how much it was).

There a 20 caches in the area, I did 11 on a days walks (link below pics of the views and Bolderstone), theres another 10 round Derwent Water. A drive on route to Buttermere gets a few.

http://picasaweb.google.com/David.J.Whiteh...dale_Castlerigg

There's a good campsite at Hollows Farm in Borrowdale. I hosted an event there last month and put out a load of extra caches especially for it. It's a bit basic but a lovely location and it only costs a fiver per person per night. Another option of you're on a budget is to wild camp - just keep a low profile :ninja:

There's a good campsite at Hollows Farm in Borrowdale. I hosted an event there last month and put out a load of extra caches especially for it. It's a bit basic but a lovely location and it only costs a fiver per person per night. Another option of you're on a budget is to wild camp - just keep a low profile :ninja:

Yeah I am all up for wild camping man, but it's a family holiday I think our HUGE family tent might give us a way lol. Thanks for the info, I think we're gonna give castlerigg campsite a blast, or the hollows farm. I am trying to get close to do the lord of the rings 6 caches.

Aii

We stayed at a nice one near to wast water look up the screes cache to see where we were near.

Pub over the road and some long walking caches nearby as well. (we just went walking no caches)

We bought the AA campsite guide a few years ago and it has proved absolutely priceless when planning camping trips away from home the scoring and facilities count etc are very usefull.

I stayed at the National Trust site in Langdale the weekend just gone, for 3 nights, two adults, one car and one tent it cost £38.60 or something like that. £38.something for definate. Anyhow, that was hot showers, all clean, etc. Shop also on site. Easier caches down in nearby Ambleside. Harder caches on the hills around. If you do stay at Langdale and if you do decide to have a go at Jake's Rake, please attempt the cache there if you're okay with heights. I couldn't find the cache - and I need someone else to go and have a look!