Wanted: Garmin H-model

I have been out with family geocaching and am hooked! I've found just a few so far and really want to get into it! We will be moving to Oregon soon and are concerned about tree-covered reception. For that reason, after doing some online reading, I believe the Garmin vista Hcx or Legend hcx are the way to go. Unfortunately those are out of our price range new. So we are looking into the used market. Anyone have one out there they are upgrading from or for some other reason looking to sell?

I have been out with family geocaching and am hooked! I've found just a few so far and really want to get into it! We will be moving to Oregon soon and are concerned about tree-covered reception. For that reason, after doing some online reading, I believe the Garmin vista Hcx or Legend hcx are the way to go. Unfortunately those are out of our price range new. So we are looking into the used market. Anyone have one out there they are upgrading from or for some other reason looking to sell?

These models just came out. They are hard to find new. I pre-ordered my Vista HCx on the 9th and I'm still waiting for it.

Good luck. it will probably be at least a year from now when used ones become available.

LOL! Yeah, I guess my research wasn't THAT extensive then eh? I should've seen when they came out. Oh well. Yeah, I was decided on the cx model, then found that they made one with an even better receiver, so I moved my search for that one. It looks like I'll have to settle for the cx(I use the word "settle" loosely). It seems like a great model still. My only concern is the reception under the forests of the Northwest. Any experience with the cx up there?