GeoCaching Cards (muggle Cards)

Ok so I have heard of being stopped and asked what a cacher was doing a couple of times.

Recently I was told about being stopped by a Port of seattle police officer and asked what they were doing cause some security guard noticed them walking around in a seattle park bordering a gov facility that the guard was at.

Although It isn't a cure all I would like to do up or get some muggle cards to be able to hand them along with talking to the people.

What should the cards say?

Edited by triehl27

Ok so I have heard of being stopped and asked what a cacher was doing a couple of times.

Recently I was told about being stopped by a Port of seattle police officer and asked what they were doing cause some security guard noticed them walking around in a seattle park bordering a gov facility that the guard was at.

Although It isn't a cure all I would like to do up or get some muggle cards to be able to hand them along with talking to the people.

I have not seen any cards, but here is the link to a brochure: geocacher-u.com You can get alot of info from these. I usually carry a few.

O-Mega

We keep a couple of the brochures in our caching bag but have never been stopped by LEOs. However, we keep several of the folding business cards with us at all times in my purse. The folding cards are great to give to muggles when we explain our little hobby. (The brochures won't fit in my purse without getting bent up). Several people from our Church have expressed interest in caching due to our having given them a card. They actually read it and looked over the website and liked what they saw. We may have a convert or two from those little folding business cards! BTW, Happy Birthday Belated, CyBret! We're going to attempt the 40 on 40 for 40 series when we return from vacation! :ninja:

I actually came across some muggle cards last night on Worldcaching.com last night. I was searching Google today to get the link (from different computer) and came across this forum discussion. Hope it helps!

I usually keep the GGA version of the Geocacher-U.com brochure with me and put a copy on my vehicle dashboard when caching. I have not yet had the chance to print off the business card version, but it is a great idea.

CYBret - I just printed off a stack of the Geocacher-U (GGA) brochures. I am going tomorrow to the Georgia Recreation & Park Association's Outdoor Institute for recreation professionals throughout the state. GPS technology is listed as one of the session topics, and I plan to pass them out to participants (if the session instructor wasn't already). Thanks for what you do with Geocacher-U!

Edited by GA-Kayaker

I like CyBrets Brochure better but here is one from HQ.

http://www.gpsmaze.com/uploads/files/GEOCACH_F2.pdf

That's a fantastic brochure! I'll be sure to print a dozen and carry them with me. Thanks!

FRONT OF MUGGLE CARD

Muggle Card

Compliments of : ______________________

Geocaching * Same Planet * Different World

worldcaching.com

BACK OF MUGGLE CARD

Geocaching is a worldwide game lover by Global Positioning

System (GPS) USERS. The game basically involves a GPS user hiding a

"treasure" (a container containing a log book and often small items

to trade) and publishing the exact coordinates on the internet so

other GPS users can come on a "treasure hunt" to find it.

The only rules are : ~ if you take something, leave something

~ record your visit in the log book.

~ then please hide the container as you found it.

Geocaching is open to everyone who loves adventure!

There are Geocaches all over the world!

For more information visit : www.geocaching.com

I have not seen any cards, but here is the link to a brochure: geocacher-u.com You can get alot of info from these. I usually carry a few.

O-Mega

this helped me alot thanks

Love some of the brochures and cards suggested so far.

To add my own thoughts on this...

I have been stopped a couple of times by older people who seemed to find my initial explanation of the whole 'internet based hide and seek game' a bit overwhelming.

Based on who is asking I either offer a brochure with a basic explanation, or just tell them a friend and I play a game. He hides a box for me to find, and then I hide one for him.

Because I am often explaining this concept in a language that is not my mother tongue, sometimes a simple explanation works best.