I am angry

I did a search on an area and the 1st cache is not available. I then ran a PQ and when I opened the PQ in GSAK the cache is available and showing on my list of possible caches for tomorrow. I ran a GSAK status check which updated the waypoints status.

Is the delay between PQ and postcode/area search a long one or a short one?

Aiiii

Edited by fraggle69

I did a search on an area and the 1st cache is not available. I then ran a PQ and when I opened the PQ in GSAK the cache is available and showing on my list of possible caches for tomorrow. I ran a GSAK status check which updated the waypoints status.

I know - it makes you wonder if life's really worth going on with, doesn't it?

Aiiii

I *swear* I told you about this exact problem, just yesterday, after we did "Murder most horrid".

If a cache is archived, then the PQ doesn't mention it at all. If it's in your GSAK database, then it will still be in your GSAK database after you feed it the PQ. GSAK never will get told that it's archived, unless you tell it.

I know - it makes you wonder if life's really worth going on with, doesn't it?

You're quite right, what's the bloody point, I mean I've heard of dudes not updating their Data properly but this takes the wee right out of my pants.

Maybe an answer from someone more experienced or a mod would do the trick.

In all honesty though, this is not wthat is making me angry with a hint of love in there somewhere if you're lucky

Aiiiiiiiiiiiii

Aiiii

I *swear* I told you about this exact problem, just yesterday, after we did "Murder most horrid".

If a cache is archived, then the PQ doesn't mention it at all. If it's in your GSAK database, then it will still be in your GSAK database after you feed it the PQ. GSAK never will get told that it's archived, unless you tell it.

Hey up I didn't say a word about archived cache here, I am talking about UNAVAILABLE

Aiiii

It happens!

Whilst I can understand your frustration, maybe even anger for a brief moment whilst on site, I'm surprised it hadn't subsided by the time you got back to you pc.

A similar thing happened to me last w/e when I went out caching using my pda with a GSAK download. It turned out that the cache I couldn't find had been pulled in April! Whilst there I was a little annoyed at not finding it especially as the location was litter riddled - the dog even cut his foot on broken glass. On the walk back to the car however I realised that it had got me out hunting on a peasant day (exactly what caching's about for me) so all was well with the world really.

It's only a game and sometimes we loose! :rolleyes:

Just realised that's my cache you're talking about! :D

It's been true and welly muggled. :rolleyes:

Would it help you if I archived it? I think that's the way it's heading, unfortunately... :rolleyes:

Cheer up, it's Friday! :unsure:

Baz.

I just went away and looked up 'predicates' :rolleyes:

Very interesting / useful info this. What happens if you DON'T do a weekly download, do you just have to remember when you last downloaded a PQ into the database you are updating and set the days accordingly?

Great - geocaching takes you to words you have never visited before! :rolleyes:

Very interesting / useful info this. What happens if you DON'T do a weekly download, do you just have to remember when you last downloaded a PQ into the database you are updating and set the days accordingly?

I suppose so. I have never experimented with it. I guess if you update every day, then you could set the days to 1.

When you run this filter, the ones that are archived always display in the view panel as 'An error has occurred'. Any that may have been caught - for example, if you get your PQs excluding your finds, these will be caught by this filter, as they, too, will not be updated.

Great - geocaching takes you to words you have never visited before! :rolleyes:

I suppose so. I have never experimented with it. I guess if you update every day, then you could set the days to 1.

When you run this filter, the ones that are archived always display in the view panel as 'An error has occurred'. Any non-archived caches that may have been caught will show as normal. If you get your PQs excluding your finds, these will be displayed by this filter, as they, too, will not be updated.

Edited by walkergeoff

There is a way of generating a filter in GSAK that will reveal archived caches. It involves setting the dates on your filter.

If you run this filter after every download you will get archived caches revealed. This is predicated on weekly downloads.

I can't really say what I am about to go postal about.

This isn't the issue I raised dude. The issue is that The PQ I executed last night was a new PQ in my system but it failed to realise the cache in question was unavailable a simple search of the cache in the local area showed it was unavailable, which is why I know the PQ that GC sent me was WRONG by atleast 3weeks. I guess this just happens right, it's a geocaching.com issue?

It's got nowt to do with my GSAK DB being out of date blah blah blah.

There is a way of generating a filter in GSAK that will reveal archived caches. It involves setting the dates on your filter.

If you run this filter after every download you will get archived caches revealed. This is predicated on weekly downloads.

This isn't the issue I raised dude. The issue is that The PQ I executed last night was a new PQ in my system but it failed to realise the cache in question was unavailable a simple search of the cache in the local area showed it was unavailable, which is why I know the PQ that GC sent me was WRONG by atleast 3weeks. I guess this just happens right, it's a geocaching.com issue?

Sorry - only trying to help.

Sorry - only trying to help.

I didn't mean to burn you man, I am actually feeling rather a lot of love in the room :rolleyes: