Swag, have you used Kindersurpise eggs?

HI

We were thinking about buying some Kinder egg toys for swag in kid friendly caches. My 17 year old daughter tells us that these little toys are all the rage. She has personally traded for two of them. :laughing: Of course, we would not use the chocolate variety, but rather the ones in plastic eggs or in little plastic bags.

What has been your experience with the kinder egg toys?

Just adding to our swag bag... would like some thoughts from others who have tried these.

THANKS !

HI

We were thinking about buying some Kinder egg toys for swag in kid friendly caches. My 17 year old daughter tells us that these little toys are all the rage. She has personally traded for two of them. :laughing: Of course, we would not use the chocolate variety, but rather the ones in plastic eggs or in little plastic bags.

Just adding to our swag bag... would like some thoughts from others who have tried these.

THANKS !

I didn't know those were even sold in the US. The toys seem fine to me, but some will complain as they do about McToys.

Edited by sbell111

HI

THANKS !

I have not seen them yet in caches~but I would certainly trade for them! When my hubby goes overseas he brings back dozens of the chocolate eggs for us. I love the kinder egg toys, and really, really love the chocolate! If all you can find are the chocolate ones....you could keep the toy for hiding and send the chocolate to me :anibad::anibad::P

The Kinder Egg toys that we are thinking of buying are not in the USA. We would be shipping from Germany. That adds to the expense, thus why we thought getting some more info from people who have used them would be a good idea.

We can buy them without the chocolate, but have had a real chocolate one and I agree the chocolate is good.

:laughing:

Doesn't the rules state that you shouln't put food in the caches? Animals could destroy the cache or themselves trying to get at the good smelling stuff.

I believe they are talking about trading the toys that comes in the Kinder Eggs.

We have a local cache here that is for trading the toys. Ü-Ei Rotz

So are we talking about the little chocoate hollow eggs, about the size of your fist? Inside is a little orange plastic egg holding a toy?

Here in Canada those are available everywhere, and I assumed they were in the U.S. too. Are we maybe talking about the big ones, about the size of a baby's head, that you can only get overseas?

I'm just a little confused... Thanks! :laughing:

Edited by booksmart_streetdumb

So are we talking about the little chocoate hollow eggs, about the size of your fist? Inside is a little orange plastic egg holding a toy?

Here in Canada those are available everywhere, and I assumed they were in the U.S. too. Are we maybe talking about the big ones, about the size of a baby's head, that you can only get overseas?

I'm just a little confused... Thanks! :laughing:

Yes, they are both illegal in the US, according to Wikipedia. Some 1930's era law that said you can't put non-food items into, well, food items. I'm sure it was originally meant to keep antifreeze out of whiskey and cardboard out of ground beef, but bureaucrats have applied it to Kinder Eggs as well. Stupid, I know*... however, I might make a road trip to Canada someday. :anibad:

*Of course, in todays (US) litigious society, some kid would probably swallow the toy in one and dimwit Mommy would sue everyone on the planet.

This is so weird and funny.

I had no idea what it was but last week we got the coolest swag from our caches so far.

hpim0426eo0.th.jpg

I had no idea what it was but the customized package made me want to see what it was.

Today we opened it and it was a bird that you had to put together. I don't think a preteen could put it together without much trouble but it was fun to do and the result was really cool. I am totally impressed.

I was excited about the idea of posting a thread about this but it looks like someone beat me to it. It was a capsule in a plastic McToy bag. (Customized bag! :laughing: )

I will post pictures in a bit.

So far i would have to say that this is the coolest swag we have ever got.

At first i thought it was just another McToy. The only reason we traded for it was because it was personalized and i had never thought of that before. I wanted to contact them for more info! Great idea!

Anyway- when we opened the egg/capsule it had about 10 small pieces and some foreign instructions. I couldnt read but i could decipher from pictures.

After a few minutes with the kids this is what we had.

1003us2.th.jpg

IMO this blows any modern day US McToy away. It was fun not only to make but also fun to play with. It is a bird. The wings move when you touch them- not rigid is what i mean. You take that little egg and load it up his backside when he is upside down. After inserting you push the legs and it locks it in. Then the little bird just sits there and looks neat. To make the egg plop out you push down on his head or backside. The egg emerges which also reminds you of the bird dropping a loaf.

Wouldn't fly in the US i don't think due to too many parts and possible lawsuits. But it was fun and original.

Does anyone know where to buy these packaged like this? I haven't searched or inquired yet...

I'm wondering if I'm the only goober who had to look up Kinder toys. Very kewl!

I had never heard of them.

Just this afternoon we got the egg out. After thinking it was so cool i came here to share. Then i saw a familiar type thread.

After posting the picture of the package i noticed it said kinder toy or something. :laughing:

I still dont quite get it, and i have searched a little bit on google....

Perhaps a little clarification.

The Kinder Egg toys that I am speaking of DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY FOOD ITEMS.

They are plastic eggs filled with a toy, trinket or figurine that is inside the egg. Kinda like plastic easter eggs.

You can buy them and have them shipped to USA legally. THEY ARE NOT A FOOD ITEM!

You can find them here : www.kindersuprise.com

Yes, they can come in a variety that is a chocolate shaped egg, with the toy inside the chocolate. I will NOT PUT FOOD ITEMS INTO A CACHE.

My daughter must have been right about how popular they are, she seems to have her finger on the pulse of what youngsters like.

Thanks to the positive post I have read here, we are going to go ahead and order some and have it as one of our new additions to our swag bag.

Thanks all! :laughing:

Knight2000. The website I listed is the only way I found Kinder egg toys. It was on the little bag that held the kinder egg toy my daughter traded for. I am sorry if I caused anyone to be offended. (not saying you were offended) by my lack of inexperience on how to post websites on the forums. I am a noob at this. BTW thank you for posting the pictures. We all enjoyed putting the toy together too and I am 40 years old. My kids call me a geek. :laughing:

Knight2000. The website I listed is the only way I found Kinder egg toys. It was on the little bag that held the kinder egg toy my daughter traded for. I am sorry if I caused anyone to be offended. (not saying you were offended) by my lack of inexperience on how to post websites on the forums. I am a noob at this. BTW thank you for posting the pictures. We all enjoyed putting the toy together too and I am 40 years old. My kids call me a geek. :laughing:

Oh no. I am not offended. I am trying to find out info myself! :anibad:

I think i know what happened.

Errr, nope. Oh- i got it. It is a typo.

The website is: http://www.kindersurprise.com/

The other is a site to generate money from unsuspecting people visiting. When you click on an ad thinking it is part of the site- the owners get paid.

I dont think anyone would be offended. I wasn't.

I was just trying to see if i missed a link that you found on that site. No matter how many links i clicked i just got ads. No worries. All clear now.

We go to Deutschland all the time and the kinder eggs toys are awesome.

Some of them sell on e-bay.de for a lot.

I use them as swag when I have to. Otherwise I keep them.

I am about to try some of the plastic eggs themselves as micro containers.

Happy Trails!

Rixart

Thanks again Knight2000. I must learn how to post websites. I was issuing an "hope I didn't offend" statement because my hubby is at work with the nomex bunkers and I didn't want to get flamed without any protection. I have been reading the PB Jar debacle and didn't want my post to start a fire here.

You have been so gracious to excuse this noobs forum posting boo boos. Thanks. :laughing:

I didn't want to get flamed without any protection.

Unfortunately this is the place for it. If you don't know about it its like swimmer in the ocean with a bleeding wound.

shark3az2.jpg

Not a lot of sharks out there, but just a few can spoil it for everyone. :laughing:

*For making a word a link highlight the word and click the hyperlink.gif button.

If you want to post a picture just click the image.gif button.

I'm just a little confused... Thanks! :rolleyes:

Yes, they are both illegal in the US, according to Wikipedia. Some 1930's era law that said you can't put non-food items into, well, food items. I'm sure it was originally meant to keep antifreeze out of whiskey and cardboard out of ground beef, but bureaucrats have applied it to Kinder Eggs as well. Stupid, I know*... however, I might make a road trip to Canada someday. :rolleyes:

*Of course, in todays (US) litigious society, some kid would probably swallow the toy in one and dimwit Mommy would sue everyone on the planet.

It makes you wonder why King cakes are OK. It would seem that they pose more of a choking hazard and clearly violate that law.

I'm in Europe, so those are fairly common here, and honestly, I hate them.

I think they are cool and make cool little gizmos, but dang, the pieces are tiny and sometimes they don't hold together well. I hate when my MIL buys them for my daughter... not so much now for the older girl who's quickly coming up on 8, but because we also have a crawler in the house who puts everything in her mouth.

I do think that kindereggs are dangerous, sorry, but maybe that's just coming from a mamma who has a little one still playing she's a vacuum cleaner.

And before anyone says differently, we DO keep an eye on her and try hard to keep things off the floor, but damned if I know how, the little toot finds it all! She finds beads that my older daughter hasn't seen in a year, lol! :rolleyes:

Yes, Kinder are cool, but in the long run, they are a bit on the dangerous side if smaller kids are involved, and the bigger kids can't seem to resist wanting them, putting parents in a sticky spot.

The pieces are tiny. That is what makes them so cool! It is a mini-challenge!

I know!! And you are so right, they are a challenge and they are cool, hehehe.... an irritating one at times when the kidlet is impatient to get their toy and mamma and pappa can't figure out the stupid thing :rolleyes:

All playing aside, though, as long as they don't go to families that have kids under 3 or 4 they are fine and absolutely great for older kids (including those kids who's age is in the double digits :rolleyes: )

They are dangerous for little ones, though. Hanna doesn't get them anymore until Cait is a bit older. Just not worth it, ya know?

Sorry if I'm raining on anyone's parade here, I don't mean to.

I just think that kids are more important than cool swag and so many here cache with their kids!

Edited to add...

Ya know, I feel like a real fuddy duddy saying that about the kinder eggs. They really are cute and cool and fun and a challenge, I'm just not sure that they are safe swag when there are so many little kids that go hunting caches with their families. I'm not an over-protective mom, I'm the type that believes that a few skinned knees are ok and that if she's sitting happily eating grass or dirt she'll get over it... I just have this strange, weird feeling about the Kinder not being safe...

Edited by mousekakat

I'm just a little confused... Thanks! :rolleyes:

Yes, they are both illegal in the US, according to Wikipedia. Some 1930's era law that said you can't put non-food items into, well, food items. I'm sure it was originally meant to keep antifreeze out of whiskey and cardboard out of ground beef, but bureaucrats have applied it to Kinder Eggs as well. Stupid, I know*... however, I might make a road trip to Canada someday. :rolleyes:

When I was stationed in Germany, the PX and Commisary stopped carry Kinder Eggs because of that very reason. Some kid swallowed a small toy. AAFES didn't want the liability so they stopped carrying them all together.

I have a German friend here in the States. Whenever she goes home to visit her family, she brings me back bunches of kinder eggs. I have a collection of the toys on my desk here at work :unsure:

Another thing, it's not just the toys with these, but also the plastic "egg" container they come in.

Those containers are definitely small enough for a young kid to get in their mouth and they are so smooth that they would be difficult to get out in case of choking, whole or if broken in half.

:rolleyes:

Search for them on ebay. ~"Kinder surprise toys" "kinder toys" "kinder surprise" etc etc You can get around 150 of em shipped to the uk for around £20 for to the usa itll provbably be around $50, that will do for 150 caches, so not bad. Other websites sell them- heres a website that charges $ i found; http://www.kinder-eggs.com

I saw some on US eBay and they were already put together. :ninja:

For us the fun was putting it together. :)

The website you mentioned doesn't sell them but it refers you to a link i posted earlier.

I wonder with shipping how much they might be per unit.

I emailed the team that left the one we found in a cache. I wonder where they got theirs with the custom packaging like that. Hope to hear soon.

Yes, they are both illegal in the US, according to Wikipedia. Some 1930's era law that said you can't put non-food items into, well, food items.

How do they get away with fortune cookies?

And before anyone says differently, we DO keep an eye on her and try hard to keep things off the floor, but damned if I know how, the little toot finds it all! She finds beads that my older daughter hasn't seen in a year, lol!

I was less then happy when my son pooped a dime... now if it had been a few $20 bills... :ph34r::(