Found a cache in Canada...

esquimaux

While on vacation in Alaska/Canada we accidentally came across a cache but have been unable to find a listing for it on any of the caching websites. The cache was located in a large turnout off of Highway 2 at the border between British Columbia and the Yukon Territories. It was a large rubbermaid type container hidden under a bush just at the edge of the turnout. We believe it was called "Geo-Cache #8".

We would appreciate any information anybody can provide regarding this cache. We left some travel bugs there and are concerned about them. :laughing:

esq

While on vacation in Alaska/Canada we accidentally came across a cache but have been unable to find a listing for it on any of the caching websites. The cache was located in a large turnout off of Highway 2 at the border between British Columbia and the Yukon Territories. It was a large rubbermaid type container hidden under a bush just at the edge of the turnout. We believe it was called "Geo-Cache #8".

We would appreciate any information anybody can provide regarding this cache. We left some travel bugs there and are concerned about them. :laughing:

esq

Do you have approx. coordinates?

I wonder if it's a new cache that hasn't been listed yet? Did you happen to notice if there was a name of the hider listed? I'm assuming if you left tb's there must be some kind of log etc. that gave you the idea it was a functional cache, maybe with some thought you might recall more details that can help track it down.

Greywynd

As mentioned in the thread started last week in the General Geocaching Discussions forum

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=168652

centered on these coords, N59 59.922 W134 39.757

There seems to be nothing pending/rejected/archived nearby. They also mentioned the logbook was signed, I also don't see a puzzle or multi that ends there nearby, unless it is a really long distance multi cache. If I had more accurate coords I would be able to do a better search, but these coords are placed near the border on the bend.

As mentioned in the thread started last week in the General Geocaching Discussions forum

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=168652

centered on these coords, N59 59.922 W134 39.757

There seems to be nothing pending/rejected/archived nearby. They also mentioned the logbook was signed, I also don't see a puzzle or multi that ends there nearby, unless it is a really long distance multi cache. If I had more accurate coords I would be able to do a better search, but these coords are placed near the border on the bend.

Man, that thread referenced by cache-tech sure died quickly. Probably because I posted to it, I'm a thread killer. :ninja: I'll repeat again, they should try contacting the British Columbia Geocaching organization, perhaps even join and post to their forums (their forums only open to members).

Man, that thread referenced by cache-tech sure died quickly. Probably because I posted to it, I'm a thread killer. :ninja: I'll repeat again, they should try contacting the British Columbia Geocaching organization, perhaps even join and post to their forums (their forums only open to members).

I considered joining that organization this spring as I was living in Dawson Creek for 6 weeks. Unfortunately you can't become a member of their organization without proof that you live in B.C. Disappointing.

I considered joining that organization this spring as I was living in Dawson Creek for 6 weeks. Unfortunately you can't become a member of their organization without proof that you live in B.C. Disappointing.

Is anybody who is paying attention to this thread a member? If so perhaps such a person could do the search for me, as I am most certainly not a local. There were other signers on the log, and we're scouring our pictures to see if we have anything that might give us an indication, but none of us remembers taking a picture of the cache or the log, or even noting who the other finders or the hider were.

Thanks again to all who have contributed, we aren't giving up on this one.

esquimaux (accidentally posting on lovesreward's account)

Edited by lovesreward

malamutemotel shows to have caches in that area with a similar naming pattern (GEO-1, etc.), but I didn't see where the series made it that far. Perhaps emailing them may help, if not them they may know who.

Backed the google map out, and that is the closest to a pattern I can see. Certainly can't be Caribou Crossing, the closest cache shown.

I'll repeat again, they should try contacting the British Columbia Geocaching organization, perhaps even join and post to their forums (their forums only open to members).

TheWhiteUrkel...The BCGA forums are not just for members.

hurleyanne...You're correct that membership in the association (which is different than joining the forums) is only open to residents of BC. The BCGA represents BC geocachers so the charter is written so that the people with a vote in the organzation are BC geocachers.

esquimaux... I have posted a note in the BCGA forums about these TB's - hopefully this will get resolve soon. We want to hear all about it, ok? :P

TheWhiteUrkel...The BCGA forums are not just for members.

hurleyanne...You're correct that membership in the association (which is different than joining the forums) is only open to residents of BC. The BCGA represents BC geocachers so the charter is written so that the people with a vote in the organzation are BC geocachers.

esquimaux... I have posted a note in the BCGA forums about these TB's - hopefully this will get resolve soon. We want to hear all about it, ok? :laughing:

Thanks for your help, and everybody's help. I'm still following up with a couple of locals by email who may have more info, it's just slow going.

Thanks again to all, and I'll post any answers I get here so everybody can get some resolution on this one! =)

I found a cache in the worlds smallest deasert (Carcross Yukon) Called "Geo-Cache #4". It was not on the internet either.

Did you ever figure out what cache this was?

FOUND!

Thanks to Mr. Park-Ranger for this discovery:

http://www.danielhalen.com/The_Journey.html

I've contacted them and they tell me that it is indeed one of their caches (and I suspect #4 mentioned above is as well). They indicated that they plan on adding these caches to geocaching.com

Thanks to EVERYBODY for the help on this one. It's been an adventure!

esq