2007 RED JEEP THREAD, LOOK HERE FIRST

MREAGLEWO1

1. Look at the number on the tag on the jeep.

2. Go to www.geocaching.com and click on the left side of the page where it says "trackable items".

3. Enter the number on the tag in the space next to where it says "Enter the Geocoin or Travel Bug tracking number: #######

4. Click on "track"

5. The TB page should come up. Go to the top right corner and click on "Add a log entry"

You'll see something like this:

Log details

Post a new log

In reference to: "travel bug name here"

Type of log:

Date Logged: //

Travel Bug Tracking #

Next to "type of log" use the drop down menu to select "grab from somewhere else"

add a date, enter the number from the tag, and write a note in the space below.

Click on submit. The bug should now be in your inventory, and sometimes they don't show up on the bug page immediately, so no need to keep trying. It will upload to the site soon enough.

Please check and make sure these are not already activated like the Unite For Diabetes TB's were. If you can enter the number and the page comes up for the bug, you just need to "grab" it. If it comes up "unactivated" please send me a PM and I will find out what it is and post it here.

I received my Jeep tb & "grabbed it". Is there a way to make it show up as mine? or do I need to just watch it, since it's owned by Jeep?

Please check and make sure these are not already activated like the Unite For Diabetes TB's were. If you can enter the number and the page comes up for the bug, you just need to "grab" it. If it comes up "unactivated" please send me a PM and I will find out what it is and post it here.

I received my Jeep tb & "grabbed it". Is there a way to make it show up as mine? or do I need to just watch it, since it's owned by Jeep?

No there isn't a way to make it show up as your own. You just need to watch it. (unless your Jeremy)

I got my Jeep TB today. :-) I had a hard time trying to figure out what to do with it until someone said to enter its tracking # in at Groundspeak.com

I was hoping it would have arrived sooner so that I could have taken it on vacation with me to Tennessee and found a good cache there. Now I'm back home and I'll have to see what I can find around here.

I got my jeep. How do I make its page and activate it?

*sigh*

# 40,004

Here we go again...

This is the fourth (attempted) thread of exactly the same subject in as many days.

I rest my case.

CF30

Indeed. It keeps going...and going...and going...

Like I said, one day people will learn to read. Being new is no excuse; how long you have been here or have cached in no way affects the ability to READ before you post. ;)

i'am trying to grab mine, i hit track and this comes up,,,

{The Travel Bug you requested does not exist in the system}

am i missing something?

sorry!

Same with mine. It has been this way since I received it 4 days ago. I figure I'd wait until the 1st to see if it becomes active.

I have the tracking number for my new Red Jeep, but I didn't keep the packaging with the activation number on it because I didn't know it was on the package. How can I get this number now so I can complete the activation process?

*sigh*

# 40,005

Here we go again...

This is the fifth (attempted) thread of exactly the same subject in as many days.

I rest my case.

CF30

Here we go again...

This is the fifth (attempted) thread of exactly the same subject in as many days.

I rest my case.

Yes, it's almost as annoying as reading a post complaining about the same thing over and over again. :laughing:

I thought you rested your case already.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Refresher course:

1. Look at the number on the tag on the jeep.

2. Go to www.geocaching.com and click on the left side of the page where it says "trackable items".

3. Enter the number on the tag in the space next to where it says "Enter the Geocoin or Travel Bug tracking number: #######

4. Click on "track"

5. The TB page should come up. Go to the top right corner and click on "Add a log entry"

You'll see something like this:

Log details

Post a new log

In reference to: "travel bug name here"

Type of log:

Date Logged: //

Travel Bug Tracking #

Next to "type of log" use the drop down menu to select "grab from somewhere else"

add a date, enter the number from the tag, and write a note in the space below.

Click on submit. The bug should now be in your inventory, and sometimes they don't show up on the bug page immediately, so no need to keep trying. It will upload to the site soon enough.

I'm waiting for an activation code also. Maybe I'll email someone who placed theirs and ask them where they got their code.

This is actually starting to get pretty funny..... I hope y'all are as amused as I am... :laughing:

CF30

You know the saying I wish I had a nickel for everytime.....

So far I'm doing pretty good. :laughing:

I'm waiting for an activation code also. Maybe I'll email someone who placed theirs and ask them where they got their code.

It's already activated. Just log it like any other TB and select "Grab from somewhere else'. That'll put it in your inventory.

Enjoy.

I just received a JEEP TB but it is unactivated. I tried the tracking number several times and I keep getting this: The Travel Bug you requested does not exist in the system How do I get this activated??

It should be good to go.

Using the tracking number printed on the dogtag make sure you are checking for things like O vs O, l vs 1 and such.

Forgive me if I missed it, but I haven't seen any details on the Jeep contest associated with the TBs this year. Last year it was a photo contest - does anyone know if that's the case this year? I checked the July issue of Bicycling as mentioned on jeep.geocaching.com but there is nothing in that issue about the contest. Any news?

I just received a JEEP TB but it is unactivated. I tried the tracking number several times and I keep getting this: The Travel Bug you requested does not exist in the system How do I get this activated??

It should be good to go.

Using the tracking number printed on the dogtag make sure you are checking for things like O vs O, l vs 1 and such.

OK, I know they come preactivated, I've done this before with the Green ones. I'm also a friend of Cruiserdude who just got one, he tried to enter is with the same results.

The tracking number has no "0"s or "O"s in it, and I'm entering it right it's just not a good number is says.

I can post the number is you don't believe me.

It should be good to go.

OK, I know they come preactivated, I've done this before with the Green ones. I'm also a friend of Cruiserdude who just got one, he tried to enter this one with the same results.

The tracking number has no "0"s or "O"s in it, and I'm entering it right it's just not a good number is says.

It should be good to go.

OK, I know they come preactivated, I've done this before with the Green ones. I'm also a friend of Cruiserdude who just got one, he tried to enter this one with the same results.

Email sent.

This is actually starting to get pretty funny..... I hope y'all are as amused as I am... :laughing:

CF30

You know the saying I wish I had a nickel for everytime.....

So far I'm doing pretty good. :laughing:

Right now i think i might be at $5K

Hello all,

I was going to ask this on the jeep thread, but it is closed. I honestly do not know if there was a piece of paper in with my jeep or not. My son opened it while I was driving and we were just excited to receive it. I went to ativate it, but only have the evelope and the jeep with it's tag. Can I get another activation code anywhere??? :laughing:

Thanks for any input you have.

Hello all,

I was going to ask this on the jeep thread, but it is closed. I honestly do not know if there was a piece of paper in with my jeep or not. My son opened it while I was driving and we were just excited to receive it. I went to ativate it, but only have the evelope and the jeep with it's tag. Can I get another activation code anywhere??? :D

The RED JEEP TBs are already activated. You are the starting point. You just need to log a 'grab' and then post a note on the cache page and log a drop, using the drop down menu at the bottom of the cache log entry page. Do not go to the activation page, look up the bug like any other TB and grab it.

(Link to how to log a travel bug instructions if needed).

Thank you for moving this Travel Bug!

Eartha

Groundspeak Volunteer

Hello all,

I was going to ask this on the jeep thread, but it is closed. I honestly do not know if there was a piece of paper in with my jeep or not. My son opened it while I was driving and we were just excited to receive it. I went to ativate it, but only have the evelope and the jeep with it's tag. Can I get another activation code anywhere??? :D

The JEEP TB is supposed to come activated, since they belong to JEEP, there is no activation code in the bag, so your little guy is innocent.

I hope you have tough skin. I posted yesterday about the JEEP TB I got not being activated, some of the replies were less than helpfull.

"This is actually starting to get pretty funny..... I hope y'all are as amused as I am... "

"You know the saying I wish I had a nickel for everytime.....

So far I'm doing pretty good."

"*sigh*

# 40,004

Here we go again...

This is the fourth (attempted) thread of exactly the same subject in as many days.

I rest my case."

I guess they didn't have any trouble with the JEEP TB's they received.

Edited by Varmint

To repeat........ just go to the Travel Bug search, type in the identification on the tag, and "grab from somewhere else".

This works....IF THE TB IS ACTIVATED. The one I received is not in the system. This was confirmed by another person on this forum that I Emailed the TB # to.

And I'm not misreading the number, it's a simple one. No "O"s or "0"s, or "I"s or "1"s.

I'm about to post it on here so everyone can give it a shot!