2007 RED JEEP THREAD, LOOK HERE FIRST

MREAGLEWO1

Please check and make sure these are not already activated like the Unite For Diabetes TB's were. If you can enter the number and the page comes up for the bug, you just need to "grab" it. If it comes up "unactivated" please send me a PM and I will find out what it is and post it here.

PM Sent.

Only problem is that it's unactivated and they didn't send me the activation code!

Same here.

Glad to see it's not just me. Has anyone gotten one yet that is activated?

Hey Pete! Try it again, looks like they're activated now. At least mine is.

NOW HEAR THIS! FYI, PASS IT ON!

The RED JEEP TBs are already activated. You are the starting point. You just need to log a 'grab' and then post a note on the cache page and log a drop, using the drop down menu at the bottom of the cache log entry page. Do not go to the activation page, look up the bug like any other TB and grab it.

(Link to how to log a travel bug instructions if needed).

Thank you for moving this Travel Bug!

Eartha

Groundspeak Volunteer

So I got my jeep in the mail today--no instructions or anything...the contest says it starts July 1st. Should I hold onto it until then or should I plant it now? I've never done the jeep thing so should I take a picture with it?? Will "grabbing" it count as a find? Anyone know what to do or should I just hang out and wait? BTW This little red jeep will be placed somewhere in West Texas.....

Edited by TreasureRaiders

Okay, I just got mine. Woo hoo! :D . So, this being my first time, I need to ask a stupid question. Are we suppose to place these before July 1st or on July 1st (or does it matter)?

If you don't plan on participating in the contest there's no reason to wait to drop it off.

And the one I got to pass on has smooth tire tread exept on the outer edge's. And there all the same on all four tire's so I don't know what all the different tire pattern talk was about unless I am missing something here.

Check out this link. That's what folks were referring to (not the actual jeeps themselves).

1-log into this page http://www.geocaching.com/track/

2-in the field type the tracking number and click the lookup button

3-in the top right corner of the resulting page, click the link in the

trackable item options box called add a log entry.

4-from the type of log-drop-down select "grab it from some where else"

5-enter any optional comments you wish and click the submit log entry

button.

you are now ready to place the travel bug into the cache of your choice.

So I got my jeep in the mail today--no instructions or anything...the contest says it starts July 1st. Should I hold onto it until then or should I plant it now? I've never done the jeep thing so should I take a picture with it?? Will "grabbing" it count as a find? Anyone know what to do or should I just hang out and wait? BTW This little red jeep will be placed somewhere in West Texas.....

you were to print the instruction out.see below

To enter the contest, they've always had people post photos. You may hold onto the Jeep until the contest rules are posted, telling you the first goal of the contest, there has always been one "theme" a month. After that, take photos you think will fit the theme, and move it along. Take lots of photos if you want, but you should release the bug to another cache in a timely manner.

I asked Groundspeak, and the Jeeps are already activated, you only need to "grab it from another location" to put it into your possession. That goes in your stats as a find. If anyone needs the instructions on how to log a TB, they are pinned at the top of the TB forum threads list.

To enter the contest, they've always had people post photos. You may hold onto the Jeep until the contest rules are posted, telling you the first goal of the contest, there has always been one "theme" a month. After that, take photos you think will fit the theme, and move it along. Take lots of photos if you want, but you should release the bug to another cache in a timely manner.

I asked Groundspeak, and the Jeeps are already activated, you only need to "grab it from another location" to put it into your possession. That goes in your stats as a find. If anyone needs the instructions on how to log a TB, they are pinned at the top of the TB forum threads list.

I got a RED Jeep in the mail today! Yes, it's as ugly as it looks in the pictures.

Only problem is that it's unactivated and they didn't send me the activation code!

Now what do I do? <_<

Ditto. Received one today as well w/ no activation code nor any instructions on where to find it. If you find out, please let us know.

Okay...... it looks like they waited until later this afternoon to activate the TBs. I tried again and was finally able to 'grab it'. So, "Entiat River (WA)" Red Jeep Travel Bug is currently parked in Missoula, Montana and will be placed in a nearby cache sometime after July 1st. :o

Please check and make sure these are not already activated like the Unite For Diabetes TB's were. If you can enter the number and the page comes up for the bug, you just need to "grab" it. If it comes up "unactivated" please send me a PM and I will find out what it is and post it here.

Thanks. I just received my Jeep with the same conditions as the others. Tried to activate, but didn't have the code. You were right--it's already activated. Good, knowledgeable advice. Thanks

Vito

All the Jeeps from years past and I assume this year as well, are listed as being owned by Chrysler/Jeep.

You only get credit for your caching account as the first to place in a cache.

Checked the website last night, got the message "Sorry all claimed". I hope the people who got or will get within the next week decide to share with the rest of us. I've never even seen a green one in an actual cache.

The best chance of getting the icon is to discover one at an event.

Something else funny. Others were unhappy that RJTB were not available outside the contiguous USA. I see on the first page alone, 13 of the first 20 RJTBs listed, are named for locations in Alaska.

How’s that for a backhand from JEEP and/or GC.com

Yes, it's brought up quite often.

Something else funny. Others were unhappy that RJTB were not available outside the contiguous USA. I see on the first page alone, 13 of the first 20 RJTBs listed, are named for locations in Alaska.

And only 17 of the next twenty are AK locations.

Boy, JEEP and/or GC.com are beating up Alaska like a Redheaded Stepchild.

And only 17 of the next twenty are AK locations.

Boy, JEEP and/or GC.com are beating up Alaska like a Redheaded Stepchild.

Haaaaaaa, my curiosity got the best of me and I looked at the third page of listings. Wuz up JEEP and/or GC.com? Only 11 of the third page has Alaska locations.

If I were Gov. Sarah Palin, I think I would petition congress to secede from the Union.