2007 RED JEEP THREAD, LOOK HERE FIRST

MREAGLEWO1

I really hope that the Jeep TB's will be made available to cachers outside of the USA, as was done for the Unite for Diabetes Travel Bugs. Those cachers living outside of the USA would really appreciate receiving the Jeep TB's, if only to get them in circulation in different countries in which Jeeps are also popular, and particularly in the United Arab Emirates where desert driving is so popular.

:rolleyes:

THANKS.

I really hope that the Jeep TB's will be made available to cachers outside of the USA, as was done for the Unite for Diabetes Travel Bugs. Those cachers living outside of the USA would really appreciate receiving the Jeep TB's, if only to get them in circulation in different countries in which Jeeps are also popular, and particularly in the United Arab Emirates where desert driving is so popular.

:rolleyes:

THANKS.

I'm not sure if they are going to manage some 200 various sets of international regulations for a commercial contest, they haven't yet.

If the organization of the Jeeps of 2007 is the same as last year then you can, to my opinion, distinguish three different components:

1 The picture contest

2 The local availability of the new Jeep

3 The global journey of a travel bug

1 Last year, the picture contest was a local thing for US-members. Due to the impossibility of adjusting (200?) different competition regulations, it is not likely to be different this year. I am from outside the US. At this moment it is still hypothetical, but I am not interested in participating in the American picture contest. So, US-citizens, please have lots of fun in posting your pictures and let there be a lots of very happy winners. There is no grief nor wining over this point.

2 The owner of a travel bug can decide where he wants to release it. Just as I can decide where I want to release my travel bug, so can the Jeep company. If Jeep wants his travel bugs released in America, so be it. It is fine with me. There is no grief nor wining over this point either.

3 As soon as a travel bug is released it starts to travel. That is what is primarily meant to do and a Jeep is not different. But what I find wrong is the alleged ban on these travels. They came up with the rule: “Jeeps are supposed not to leave the contest area”. This strange travel obstruction rule came up last year. To my belief, this is against anything a travel bug stands for.

Anyway, everything is still hypothetical. The new Jeeps and the new rules are not released yet. But let’s hope the strange ban on its travels, is dropped.

Concluding I, and I know a large group geocachers in the rest of the world; have no problems with the restricted picture contest. We have no problem with the local release of the Jeep in the USA. We do have major problems with the travel barrier. We want to see the Jeeps too, and we want to let them travel too.

I do know the opinion of BlueDeuce regarding this matter. His/her/there opinion has the same value as mine.

If you would like to read last years conversation you could start to look here

Zilvervloot.

Edited by Zilvervloot

There is nothing on the site yet, but you can check here for further details. However, when you click to enter, it takes you to the www.geocaching.com home page, so just look there daily for an update.

Here we go again! <_< Remember, they are not for keeps, and it's a US contest, due to legalities around the world, it is not offered in other countries. That doesn't mean Jeeps won't make it overseas, it just means overseas cannot enter the contest, so it's pretty fair to send them overseas when the contest has ended. That probably won't happen, but if you search the forums for last year's and the year before and the year before, you will find explanations why it is the way is.

Just look at the home page to find out when it starts.

If monkeybrad is correct, it will look like this, it will be small, it will have a sunroof, and will have a Travel Bug dog tag attached to it:

5ODPEM.JPG

Hello i am here for a commont that two state will not play this year and i recommed that contest for next year would be full 50 state can play . i am in alaska and want to show alaska so this year hawwill and alaska will not play . anyone who want to support this idea please say i want 2 state to play next year !!!

Last year, if I'm not mistaken, the reason why Alaska and Hawai'i are unable to play is due to the contest rules of your states and is out of the hands of Jeep and Groundspeak. Once the contest is over, the jeeps may travel anywhere.

Again, someone else may be able to speak more to this point than I can. But this topic came up quite a lot last year.

I kinda like the looks of it as the TB, but I'm not really feeling the Jeep Commander. I was REALLY hoping this years TB would be the 4-door Wrangler Unlimited.

Just because you request one, does NOT mean you'll get it. They're going to try and spread all 8,000 Jeeps out as evenly as possible over the eligible 48 states.

People in states/countries that DO NOT get to play, please start bothering the Jeep branch of the DaimlerChrysler Corporation. Whining about it on a message board doesn't help, enough people whining to them will. If you let them know there is enough worldwide interest, you just might be able to get your country involved! ALSO, please can we keep the game pieces in the game area until the 2007 game is over?

A "Jeep" actually is a mythical creature (search "Eugene the Jeep") able to walk through walls and ceilings, climb trees, fly, and just about go anywhere it wanted. <Oh and um, also some silly little car able to be modified to go just about anywhere except the flying thing.>

ALSO, please can we keep the game pieces in the game area until the 2007 game is over?

Still more than two weeks to go before the contest starts and people are whining about the jeeps leaving the country. Is that a record?

dave

Whining? Are you sure about that?

Whining is absolutely correct, concidering Canadians likely count as second most purchasers of Jeep in North America. But because they choose not to compley with regulations North of the Border they exclude those living outside the borders of the USA...sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Does anyone else think this Jeep Travel Bug thing gives off an unpleasant odor of commercialization?

Well, it is possible that at this rate Saturn is going to step in the bandwagon and release a travel bug version of its Sky roadster! I'm thinking the first year will be yellow!

As far as commercialization for Jeep...the answer is YES! I have seen a whole lotta green jeeps on the road in the past year, and I blame that to the travel bugs.

I'm lovin' it!

Whining is absolutely correct, concidering Canadians likely count as second most purchasers of Jeep in North America. But because they choose not to compley with regulations North of the Border they exclude those living outside the borders of the USA...sad state of affairs if you ask me.

That's not whining, that's a complaint.

A large number of people are being excluded from being able to participate in the contest and are restricted from requesting a jeep be sent to them by Groundspeak. I understand the position of that complaint.

Requesting that people not pull jeeps out of circulation, which by the way normally occurs when people think jeeps are simply souvenirs, is also not whining.

edit: typo then/when

Edited by BlueDeuce

Yup, on webpage it now says....

We're out!

Thanks for your interest in receiving a 2007 Jeep® Geocaching Challenge Travel Bug®!

Due to the overwhelming response from the geocaching community all of the 2007 Jeep® Geocaching Challenge Travel Bugs® have been requested.

Geocachers from around the contiguous United States should be receiving them in the next 2 weeks and you should start seeing them appear in caches near you.

Edited by Maingray

I believe the term is called something like "residency restriction" and I hear it in contests of all kinds. Those are the rules. Those of you overseas will get to see them in your area soon enough, but it's a contest, and it's fair if people in the eligible areas get a chance to enter before they end up where the contest is not allowed.

Deja vu, here it goes again........please see the past threads on the 2006, 2005, and 2004 Jeep contests. And as stated above, if you are unhappy with how the contest is run, send your comments to Jeep/Daimler-Chrysler, you won't get any rules about the contest changed here. Groundspeak merely provide the tracking numbers and tags. The promotion is Jeep's.

Does anyone else think this Jeep Travel Bug thing gives off an unpleasant odor of commercialization?

That's why they hid it behind the word "promotion". Jeeps. like the Unit For Diabetes TBs, are "promotional Travel Bugs." People still have fun with them anyway. And there's a really neat prize. :blink:

(Residency restrictions apply.)

I got a RED Jeep in the mail today! Yes, it's as ugly as it looks in the pictures.

Only problem is that it's unactivated and they didn't send me the activation code!

Now what do I do? :D

Ditto. Received one today as well w/ no activation code nor any instructions on where to find it. If you find out, please let us know.

Please check and make sure these are not already activated like the Unite For Diabetes TB's were. If you can enter the number and the page comes up for the bug, you just need to "grab" it. If it comes up "unactivated" please send me a PM and I will find out what it is and post it here.