Micro Mania

..................... :mad:

I wouldn't have an issue with caches placed next to dumpsters, if that cache had a garbage dumpster attribute I could use to ignore every cache that was next to a garbage dumpster.
Are you STILL badgering me? <_<

Badgering?

I'm surprised nobody has brought up a dumpster attribute so they could filter it out. That seems to get mentioned every time these are discussed.

Looks like he was simply pointing out something.

..................... <_<
I wouldn't have an issue with caches placed next to dumpsters, if that cache had a garbage dumpster attribute I could use to ignore every cache that was next to a garbage dumpster.
Are you STILL badgering me? :D
Badgering?
I'm surprised nobody has brought up a dumpster attribute so they could filter it out. That seems to get mentioned every time these are discussed.
Sarcasm? (Although I'm not sure what Scuba Signal has to do with the topic. :mad: ) Edited by sbell111
..................... <_<

Are you STILL badgering me? :mad:

Badgering?

My use of the word badgering was a reply to this post of his. I'd been replying to this thread and he kept posting images of luke skywalker and suggesting that I stop posting (no, he didn't use those specific words but if you go review his posts with the picture you'll understand), and then he made the suggestion that I'm the one that had been badgering him. :D

It's also way after this post where he indicated he'd be ignoring me. And then the badgering started.

Edited by Mushtang
Are you STILL badgering me? ;)
Badgering?
My use of the word badgering was a reply to this post of his. I'd been replying to this thread and he kept posting images of luke skywalker and suggesting that I stop posting (no, he didn't use those specific words but if you go review his posts with the picture you'll understand), and then he made the suggestion that I'm the one that had been badgering him. ;)

It's also way after this post where he indicated he'd be ignoring me. And then the badgering started.

It was after this post, also.

There it is again...Is it EVER going to stop? :mad:

bd3f67dc-f202-49f8-bc49-9fe441b4f75b.jpg

You know, it might be time for you to try to be a little more mature.

Maybe someday he'll come around and be willing (or able) to defend some if his outrageous ideals, but for now I still say he is THE most entertaining person in the forums.

This stuff he is doing now is the text-format equivalent of putting one's fingers in one's ears and shouting "LALALALALALA" in the face of continued challenges to one's irrational statements.

Priceless.

Let's check in and see how the Complainers are dealing with the most recent inconvenient questions that challenge their victim status as mistreat of the game of Geocaching:

SCOREBOARD

CoyoteRed: Maintaining "ignore-combined-with-insult"

Briansnat: Recently returned to "ignore"

TrailGators: Recently escalated from "obfuscate" to "cartoonishly obfuscate"

FizzyMagic: Made requisite once-per-thread fallacious hit and run post, otherwise -- maintaining "ignore"

..................... ;)

Badgering?

That's exactly what I was doing CR. :mad: I think these guys have a chip on their shoulders and are constantly looking for a fight. The thread basically died when they didn't have somebody to nag or badger. Now they are trying to pick another fight to get the thread going again.

It has been a pleasure talking with you, CR and a some of the others... ;)

Badgering?

That's exactly what I was doing CR. ;) I think these guys have a chip on their shoulders and are constantly looking for a fight. The thread basically died when they didn't have somebody to nag or badger. Now they are trying to pick another fight to get the thread going again.

It has been a pleasure talking with you, CR and a some of the others... :D

OK, fine, but I still want to know what Snorkel Signal has to do with the thread. ;)

My biggest complaint about micros is the lack of permission the hidding cacher gets before hand. I have been on a few that I have been approached by the owner or manager of the properity wondering what I am doing there. If the owner has a problem with it, I just leave and tell them that I will let the person who placed it know that the owner or manager wants it removed. There was a series of caches that I was workign on putting together with the local tourist person involving some war memorail(?) parks, only to have a cacher in another town drive by one day to throw a micro on a artilary cannon and screw the whole thing up. Did he have permission from the town to do that, no. And now the person that I was working with, thier boss (old enough to long retire some years ago) wants nothing more to do with it, because of the lack of respect of simply asking, can I do this. Any caches this cacher puts out, I refuse to find any more, my choice, I just don't like "drive by, hey I like that spot and let's throw a micro there", without taking a few moments to do it right and get some permission.

Edited by Grovere

Let's check in and see how the Complainers are dealing with the most recent inconvenient questions that challenge their victim status as mistreat of the game of Geocaching:

SCOREBOARD

FizzyMagic: Made requisite once-per-thread fallacious hit and run post, otherwise -- maintaining "ignore"

You know, posting a scoreboard implies that this (whatever this is) has turned into a sport. Although I liked it better when it was just a game, I am one of those who really likes to know the score. Maybe you could be more complete and put Isbell, KBI, Mushtang, and Snoogans up there so we can see what everyone participating is doing?

It would save everyone from having to read it.

My biggest complaint about micros is the lack of permission the hidding cacher gets before hand. I have been on a few that I have been approached by the owner or manager of the properity wondering what I am doing there. If the owner has a problem with it, I just leave and tell them that I will let the person who placed it know that the owner or manager wants it removed. There was a series of caches that I was workign on putting together with the local tourist person involving some war memorail(?) parks, only to have a cacher in another town drive by one day to throw a micro on a artilary cannon and screw the whole thing up. Did he have permission from the town to do that, no. And now the person that I was working with, thier boss (old enough to long retire some years ago) wants nothing more to do with it, because of the lack of respect of simply asking, can I do this. Any caches this cacher puts out, I refuse to find any more, my choice, I just don't like "drive by, hey I like that spot and let's throw a micro there", without taking a few moments to do it right and get some permission.

The permission issue is not limited to micros and has been discussed in a number of threads.

Sorry about your series.

SCOREBOARD

You know, posting a scoreboard implies that this (whatever this is) has turned into a sport. Although I liked it better when it was just a game, I am one of those who really likes to know the score. Maybe you could be more complete and put Isbell, KBI, Mushtang, and Snoogans up there so we can see what everyone participating is doing?

It would save everyone from having to read it.

Isbell?

Badgering?

That's exactly what I was doing CR. ;) I think these guys have a chip on their shoulders and are constantly looking for a fight. The thread basically died when they didn't have somebody to nag or badger. Now they are trying to pick another fight to get the thread going again.

OK, fine, but I still want to know what Snorkel Signal has to do with the thread. ;)

Snorkel Signal? It's a cool little Ninja dude, and it was added simply for flair. :D

e95b011b-22e1-4190-8764-763eb44c05d0.jpg

Badgering?

Snorkel Signal? It's a cool little Ninja dude, and it was added simply for flair. :D

e95b011b-22e1-4190-8764-763eb44c05d0.jpg

He looks like he's snorkeling.

Do you think that Drew Carey will still stick with the Power of Ten now that he has climbed aboard the Price is Right's money train?

You know, I've been pondering that very same thing . . . :mad:

Drew is the new Bob...I didn't know that... Edited by TrailGators

I hate micros.

You know, they're very easy to avoid, but since I'm no longer giving advice on how to avoid caches you don't like in this thread I'll leave it up to you to figure out how to cache without finding any micros.

Or maybe someone else will step up and tell you how.

Either way, I hope you somehow find a way to avoid them so you're happier when you're caching.

The rule of thumb is to use the largest container the area support.

It is?

Given both sides of the debate could agree on it. I'd say it's even a good rule of thumb.

Should we vote?Pop me a PM. I'll check tonight and post results. Tomorrow I'm on vacation...someone else would have to pick it up then.

RK: Good rule of thumb.

(Other Votes added later).

The rule of thumb is to use the largest container the area support.

It is?

Given both sides of the debate could agree on it. I'd say it's even a good rule of thumb.

Should we vote?Pop me a PM. I'll check tonight and post results. Tomorrow I'm on vacation...someone else would have to pick it up then.

RK: Good rule of thumb.

(Other Votes added later).

Actually, I don't think I ever actually agreed to that. I think what I said is that hiders use the cache container that they think is appropriate.

After getting a post report on this thread, I don't really see anything in the last few pages that lead me to believe the thread is salvagable. Most of you seem to be having a pretty good time conversing amongst yourselves--maybe PM or email would be a good method of communication since the conversation doesn't seem to involve the rest of the community. The last two pages appear to be just banter for the sake of banter, rather than staying on the actual topic. Do I detect a recurring theme?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that are off topic may be closed by the moderator.

Private Discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, use the private discussion feature that is provided through the Groundspeak forums, or the Geocaching.com e-mail system. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.

Closing the thread. If I have more time later I'll work on some individual PMs.