New Topo 2008 install

What is the best way to remove/uninstall the old Topo version of Mapsource I have, before installing the new 2008 version?

I assume I could probably install the new version without first uninstalling the old version, but then I would have files taking up hard space that I would not use again.

I did not see a "Mapsource Topo" listed in my Add/Remove programs.

By default, the old topo was never really installed onto the computer. All of the maps were kept on the CD which required the user to insert a CD everytime they wanted to use it. During the "installation", it put about 2mb of files into the Mapsource directory on the hard drive. In the end, I wouldn't worry about removing it. 2 megabytes is not a lot of information at all. In contrast, when I do look in my Add/Remove Programs, I do see 'Mapsource - US Topo v3.02' as a selection.

Thanks for the info. I did not see the Topo program listed in Add/Remove. I also had copied the Topo West map sets to my hard drive to eliminate the need to insert a CD each time. I changed the registry to point to this location. I assume that when I install Topo 2008 it will reset the registry settings. I should be able to delete the old topo files, install T2008, copy certain T2008 map sets to my hard drive, and change the registry back to point to my C drive. Let's hope.

Thanks for the info. I did not see the Topo program listed in Add/Remove. I also had copied the Topo West map sets to my hard drive to eliminate the need to insert a CD each time. I changed the registry to point to this location. I assume that when I install Topo 2008 it will reset the registry settings. I should be able to delete the old topo files, install T2008, copy certain T2008 map sets to my hard drive, and change the registry back to point to my C drive. Let's hope.

Installing Topo 2008 won't do anything to the old Topo installation, you will be able to use both. To delete the old version, edit the registry to remove the entries for the old Topo, then delete the files from the HD.