Congratulations to Huge on the new 24 hour record

Well done to Huge on finding 151 (we think) caches in 23 hours and 29 minutes. Also congratulations to Freakboy who must have found pretty close to the record too on a great outing. Well done lads.

If you want to relive the sleep deprivation, just give me a call and you can babysit Isobel for me! :rolleyes::D

Three cheers for Hugo and Simon!

Chris and Mick

Kisses and cuddles from Eva and Isobel (not from us, we hear that you are a bit smelly at the moment ;):D )

Having read some of the logs on the caches I have decided to list this record as a separate record.

Sorry for any frustration this may cause.

Could you be a bit more specific? What exactly is the problem? I've looked at a lot of the logs (151 logs is too many to read all of!) and I can't see anything that indicates any of the guidelines were broken.

AH.

Having read some of the logs on the caches I have decided to list this record as a separate record.

Tony, could you be a bit more specific about your reasons? What exactly is the problem? I've looked at a lot of the logs (151 logs is too many to read all of!) and I can't see anything that indicates any of the guidelines were broken.

AH.

Edited by AgeingHippy

Tony, could you be a bit more specific about your reasons? What exactly is the problem? I've looked at a lot of the logs (151 logs is too many to read all of!) and I can't see anything that indicates any of the guidelines were broken.

AH.

:ph34r: Yes Tony do tell us what is up we are waiting.

It would appear from reading the logs this record seems to have been done with on the ground assistance.

Rebel Alliance do state in at least one log that it was found by them, while assisting Huge

This was not the case with the previous attempts. While appreciating this is an achievement in itself it is not in the same spirit as the previous records.

I have therefore listed it separately.

We were all there for the 151 caches.

Just happened that some of us found some as did others on the team.

SO on other record attempts each member of the group found each cache individually?

I know they carry out this type of thing in Japan (ask Huge). But whenever we have been out in a group, the group works as a team.

Whilst on the subject does this set of self-appointed guidelines also prohibit the use of PAF?

I know of one record setting trip where this was used comprehensively.

As I was with the cacher who kept getting asked where caches where?

I love this hobby it is such a fun and friendly environment.

Taking it to the extreme, you could have two cachers go out on a recce a few days beforehand, find them all, then go round again with a third cacher, making them a "team". They're not going to miss any caches, or take any time finding any caches. A line has to be drawn somewhere, and I tend to agree with Mongoose.

P-A-F is another discussion altogether.

We were all there for the 151 caches.

Just happened that some of us found some as did others on the team.

Sorry to play devils advocate, but a quick filter in gsak shows that out of the 151 caches you accompanied Huge to, you had previously found 56 of them at an earlier date.

I don't think that is in keeping with the spirit of the other record attempts over the past few years.