Why Oh Why...

henly
Followers 2

take TBs or coins from the main stream and insist on putting them in the most remote caches they can find, don't they realize that by there very nature they want to travel (thats why they call them Travel Bugs), but once they are in those caches they get stuck and stay there until they are rescued.

Can I make a plea to cachers, please take a moment and think about where you are putting them, I had one recently stuck for two months and Ive just seen another that is going to be the same unless I go and rescue it.

I put these things out there for the maximum amount of people to enjoy both in the find and to look and feel them, so they are not doing their jobs all the time they are stuck in caches, they are like lorries they only earn money when they are on the road, so TBs only create joy when they are traveling.

Thank you over and out.

I had one recently stuck for two months and Ive just seen another that is going to be the same unless I go and rescue it.

You think two months is bad, you should see ... :blink:

Seriously though I agree, I really wish people would read the tag attached to TBs and coins on the spot and not grab anything in sight and realise when they get home that it doesn't want to go that way.

I recently released a coin which I wanted to travel in a particular direction, simple enough, if you're not going my way, discover it if you like but leave it there for the next person. It has finally been placed about 100 miles in the opposite direction because they thought it would like to see the country, well hello, whose coin is it? :P

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

See the links in my sig for some examples (which reminds me, I need to update it).

One bug in particular got muggled, ended up on EBay, and thanks to the efforts of a few folk in the forum, got rescued.

It got released back into the wild, then immediately got put in the UKs hardest cache, which has only been found once!

But most of the coins and TB's I've found don't have labels telling you where they want to go. If I find a bare naked coin in a cache, I grab it. If the owner has a specific goal in mind, it's their responsibility to ensure that any cacher that finds it (who may not have the coin or TB's page printed off, on the off chance that they find it) knows that goal, and they need to add a clear label.

If I've got a coin or a TB in my bag, and I find a cache I think other people would like, I leave it there - regardless of how arduous it was to get to. (Unless it's labelled..!!)

your lucky i recently had someone whos had one of mine for months and still hasnt placed it ive written it of as lost at least yours has been placed and has some chance i dont know why people take them if there going to do this

But most of the coins and TB's I've found don't have labels telling you where they want to go. If I find a bare naked coin in a cache, I grab it. If the owner has a specific goal in mind, it's their responsibility to ensure that any cacher that finds it (who may not have the coin or TB's page printed off, on the off chance that they find it) knows that goal, and they need to add a clear label.

If I've got a coin or a TB in my bag, and I find a cache I think other people would like, I leave it there - regardless of how arduous it was to get to. (Unless it's labelled..!!)

Sorry but that do's not work mine has goal info on it to travel England Ireland Scotland and Wales only he even e-mailed me asking me could he brake the goal I said no he still took it to the US with him. :rolleyes:

People do what they want to do weather it writen down are not.

Edited by Crazy Frog

Well thereby lays a difference of ideas, as previously stated I release these for ALL to enjoy not just a few, if you place a TB in a cache thats not visited often, then you are destroying that which I am trying to achieve, if you don't know the object of the TB then leave it alone, why feel the need to take it just for the sake of it.

I don't think Ive ever seen a TB which has the stated aim of being put into a box and not see the light of day for several months, I may be wrong please enlighten me.

So it seems to me that its the responsibility of the receiver to find out what the aim is not the releaser, and to suggest otherwise is just passing the buck, 'Oh it wasn't me your honor, I didn't know'.

take TBs or coins from the main stream and insist on putting them in the most remote caches they can find, don't they realize that by there very nature they want to travel (thats why they call them Travel Bugs), but once they are in those caches they get stuck and stay there until they are rescued.

Can I make a plea to cachers, please take a moment and think about where you are putting them, I had one recently stuck for two months and Ive just seen another that is going to be the same unless I go and rescue it.

I put these things out there for the maximum amount of people to enjoy both in the find and to look and feel them, so they are not doing their jobs all the time they are stuck in caches, they are like lorries they only earn money when they are on the road, so TBs only create joy when they are travelling.

Thank you over and out.

It ain't my fault, guv, honest.... When I ventured up north last November for an event, I dropped a bug in what was then, a new cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...20-3f9aa7dfe615). It had only been visited once before I got there so I figured all those noisy, brash, creamy beer supping northern cachers would be queueing up to go find it. What happens.... nothing, that's what happens. Seems they're all a bunch of big girls blouses and the thought of few yards across the fells turns them weak at the knees. Must be the lousy beer up there that's turned them all soft. As I'm heading that way again, this weekend, it looks like I'll have to rescue the poor little bug myself.... and me a shandy supping softy southerner (according to Mandy, anyway) :rolleyes:;):D

It would seem that the average geocacher can't do right for doing wrong. Someone complains if you move a trackable one day and someone else complains if you just discover them the next!

I think you have to accept that it's a game and everyone plays by their own rules. Their interpretation may not fit with yours, but that's what makes life so interesting. Lighten up.

Try the view that you shouldn't ever expect to see a coin or TB again once it's released, but if you do it's a pleasant surprise. You'll be less stressed.

Well thereby lays a difference of ideas, as previously stated I release these for ALL to enjoy not just a few, if you place a TB in a cache thats not visited often, then you are destroying that which I am trying to achieve, if you don't know the object of the TB then leave it alone, why feel the need to take it just for the sake of it.

I don't think Ive ever seen a TB which has the stated aim of being put into a box and not see the light of day for several months, I may be wrong please enlighten me.

So it seems to me that its the responsibility of the receiver to find out what the aim is not the releaser, and to suggest otherwise is just passing the buck, 'Oh it wasn't me your honor, I didn't know'.

I'm afraid I totally disagree - you are not releasing the trackable for my enjoyment but for your own. If there is nothing on it saying where it does/does not want to go then it's up to the person who moves it on. My view of an appropriate cache to place it in will not necessarily be yours. It is certainly not my "responsibility" so you can keep your buck I'm passing it nowhere.

After all. it's a game we are playing. :rolleyes:

When I take a TB I take it home and look at its web page to find out what its aim is and then I try to comply with it.

Some people seem to think that when the TB is released it becomes public property, it does not, Its still the owners property and as such the owners wishes should if possible be complied with, you are quite right it is a game, and as such should be played as you see fit but that do'snt give you the right to trample over my parade, as for doing it for my pleasure you are in part correct I do get pleasure out of giving fun to other people, so why would you want to castigate me for that.

Tbs are always labeled albeit it may be that the label is on the web page.

There is always a web page for the TB stating the its aims, so there really is no excuse for not complying with those wishes, if you move the TB then you should have to take the tracking number to log it so you should be able to see its aims then or don't you log them, (which brings up another moan for another thread).

Ive just been back over the thread to look at all the posters trackables and those that have them have all got aims, so why are you disagreeing with me, why have you put aims on your TBs if you don't expect them to be adhered to, you may just as well just leave the page blank and give the coin to the next passer by.

As far as not expecting to see them again, Maybe I'm a bit naive but yes I do expect to see them again, otherwise why would I bother if one goes missing so what Ill replace it and shrug, but in the main I expect cachers to have the same tenets as me.

Edited by henly
Ive just been back over the thread to look at all the posters trackables and those that have them have all got aims

Quite right - all my TB's have got aims - but if I wanted a TB to go straight from Devon to the New Forest I'd put it in an envelope and stick it in the post. To be honest, I couldn't give a monkeys whether any TB of mine went straight to it's destination in one hop, or went the wrong way around the world to do it, and took 5 years. As long as it's out there and not stuck in some forgetful cachers bag (put that in coz I've been guilty of it in the past.....)

When Geocoins were not as plentiful as they are today, cachers, especially cache setters, used them to entice other cachers to do particular caches or new ones that had just been released.

Personally, I have noticed over the last couple of years a fairly distinctive decline in Multi's and Mystery's being done by cachers. Personally, I have 'numbers' days as does everyone else (maybe not ALL but you know what I mean!) but I also have, what I like to call - caching days. These are days where I will go out and do caches for caching sake. It is the multi's etc that usually take you on a nice tour of a village / town / countryside and you get the most out of the cache.

It may be that some cachers still want cachers to get involved in finding caches which are not Traditional. I have been guilty of placing coins and Tb's in the more non-traditional cache to entice people to do them.

Recently, I have seen certain TB's being placed in a difficult cache. Cachers that have done the cache before have re-visited and discovered the TB, leaving it in situ or in one case swapped it for it's partner TB. I thought this was great. If someone wants the TB that much, they will 'work' for it.

However, on the other side of the coin - mind the pun - these TB's are slightly different in as much it is not really their mission to travel from cache to cache but to provide iinformation for other caches. So, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. I've started to waffle and argue with myself over this point so it's probably time for me to stop!

Ive just been back over the thread to look at all the posters trackables and those that have them have all got aims

Quite right - all my TB's have got aims - but if I wanted a TB to go straight from Devon to the New Forest I'd put it in an envelope and stick it in the post. To be honest, I couldn't give a monkeys whether any TB of mine went straight to it's destination in one hop, or went the wrong way around the world to do it, and took 5 years. As long as it's out there and not stuck in some forgetful cachers bag (put that in coz I've been guilty of it in the past.....)

Your prerogative m8, but don't force your opinions on my TBs if I want them to go round the world in the wrong direction Ill put it on the TBs site, as it is my TBs have got purposes and if cachers don't want to adhere to those purposes, why do they take them is it some sort of frustration torture they like to inflict on others.

but if I wanted a TB to go straight from Devon to the New Forest I'd put it in an envelope and stick it in the post.

Funny enough so would I, and thats precisely why I tell people what I want to happen to my TB.

Funny enough so would I, and thats precisely why I tell people what I want to happen to my TB.

Not meaning to sound like a b*tch... but if it's what you want to happen to your tb, then maybe you should take it wherever yourself.

Part of the fun of the trackables is that they do go all over and seeing them going to all the different directions in their journey. It's kind of like life... seldom do we go exactly where we want to go in a straight line... usually our journey goes in many, many different directions before we arrive where we're supposed to be (Gee, I'm feeling philosophical tonight, lol!)

Sometimes the best route from A to B isn't necessarily a straight line...

Peace!

Edited by mousekakat

When I take a TB I take it home and look at its web page to find out what its aim is and then I try to comply with it.

<snip>

There is always a web page for the TB stating the its aims, so there really is no excuse for not complying with those wishes, if you move the TB then you should have to take the tracking number to log it so you should be able to see its aims then or don't you log them, (which brings up another moan for another thread).

Hypothetical situation:

I'm on holiday in North Wales & find a TB/coin with no label on the last day of my trip, so I take it home with me and find out that the TB/coin had a mission to get to the top of Snowdon. Now it might have only had a couple of miles to go when I got my grubby mitts on it, but now it's in Hampshire before I know what it's mission is. Conversely if the bug had a label on it saying "I want to go to the top of Snowdon" then I'd have left it there and perhaps just discovered it.

If the mission is that important then it should be attached to the bug.

<snip>

Hypothetical situation:

I'm on holiday in North Wales & find a TB/coin with no label on the last day of my trip, so I take it home with me and find out that the TB/coin had a mission to get to the top of Snowdon. Now it might have only had a couple of miles to go when I got my grubby mitts on it, but now it's in Hampshire before I know what it's mission is. Conversely if the bug had a label on it saying "I want to go to the top of Snowdon" then I'd have left it there and perhaps just discovered it.

Ooooh, I was gonna say that (ish).

I agree!

<snip>

Hypothetical situation:

Agreed.

It is outside the reach of most to check the TB's aim from in the field. I left a TB in Cornwall that wanted to travel as I decided not to bring it 200 miles to home, no clues on it. I also brought a coin to the Peak District that wanted to visit National Parks it had just been moving around caches in a small area before I could help it as its aim was on it.

If there's no label on the bug then it has to take its chances. A bug owner has no right to expect people to check a bug's mission before they pick it up - that's very often pretty much impossible. Not picking up a travel bug or geocoin because you don't know its mission is bad form in my book. If you get home and discover that you can't help with the mission, the only thing to do is to drop it in a handy cache ASAP.

Anyway, half the fun is "meeting" the random strange and unusual people who help the bug along on its travels: even if sometimes they provide a disastrous lift in the other direction!

Conversely (I was going to say "the other side of the coin" but that gag has already been done) I have a few geocoins which have a mission to stay exactly where they are: touch wood, so far everyone has complied (I did take the precaution of including a mission card with the coins).

HH

i think that to a large degree you have to just accept what happens to bugs and coins once you release them, note or not.

i do get a little irritated though when someone places them in rarely visited caches, thus making them site there for months on end. yes i'm sure those caches are lovely but if you want to encourage other people to visit them, then use your own bugs and coins not someone else's. fairs fair after all.

I set a travelbug off - complete with a label with instructions - to travel from Cornwall to Norfolk.

It travelled from Cornwall to Devon - To Northumberland (Slightly off track!) to the wilds of Highland Scotland and is now working it's way back down the country.

Am I miffed? Nope... it's fun watching it travel and if it does get to Norfolk one day - then thats a bonus I guess.

Totally Nobby, I agree.

I'm not pedantic enough to want my bugs to travel in a straight line, or I would have put them in the post as stated previously, what I'm saying is don't stall them on their journey by putting them in little used caches, why is it absolutely imperative to take a bug just because its there, many times Ive been asked to rescue a bug (theres even a bookmark dedicated to bug rescue), quite often I don't always take a bug I come across because I know that I wont be able to move it on or I already have too many in my possession or for whatever reason, if I'm on holiday and I come across one then I don't take it unless i can ascertain its aim.

As for labeling bugs, I don't have a problem with that, if I want to do it, but I don't drill holes in coins and spoil there pristiness purely so i can pander to some selfish sods whims.

If you cant adhere to my wishes for my bugs, then you simply don't have the right to do as you like with them its as easy as that, the bugs are on loan to you to enjoy as I do, if you have anything on loan, you have to adhere to the owners wishes for that object, be it a library book or car hire or TBs.

As for the 'not wishing to bitchy lady' As Ive said before My bugs are out there for all to enjoy, Having said that (again) and at a risk of repeating myself (again) please don't put my TBs on mountain tops or coal mines or anywhere else that they are liable to stay for any length of time, is that so much of a problem, I want them to travel far and wide and thats the point I'm trying so hard and so vainly (apparently) to make, (do people actually read these threads, or do they see what they want to see)

Edited by henly

Go on, I'll bite.

If you're going to get this stressed about your TBs, why release them at all if you can't accept they'll go in the direction that some random cacher wants to take them and will be placed in a cache of their choosing?

Is this about your Navy Blue TB that was placed in Peacehaven Radar and the subject of a rescue request? I fail to see the problem with it tbh. It's a 1/2 cache, it loosely fulfils the "ports" goal of the bug and when it was placed on April 17, the cache had been found twice in the previous month and twice the month before that.

Are you going to define how many immediate previous visits a cache must have before allowing your bugs to be placed there?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise, but I don't see the problem with that particular TB in that particular cache.

Edited by scanker

If you cant adhere to my wishes for my bugs, then you simply don't have the right to do as you like with them its as easy as that, the bugs are on loan to you to enjoy as I do, if you have anything on loan, you have to adhere to the owners wishes for that object, be it a library book or car hire or TBs.

No! Bugs are not released to be "on loan" to other cachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Coins and bugs are released into the wild by an owner in the full knowledge that they are relying on the good nature of other cachers to move that bug about. How can you then complain that your bug gets dropped into a cache that (in your opinion) wont recieve enough visitors???

If we pick up a bug (shock horror - we dont read the TB page before we go out caching..) we will help it with its mission if we can (we have gone out of our way to help some TBs) but if not we will just place it in another cache - be it a 1/1 drive by that gets 3 visitors a dayor a 5/5 that gets 3 visitors a year. (guess that makes us selfish sods ???)

You take your chances when you release a TB - I fail to see how anyone can complain about what other people do to them once they are relying on their kindness to move them on.

No! Bugs are not released to be "on loan" to other cachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Coins and bugs are released into the wild by an owner in the full knowledge that they are relying on the good nature of other cachers to move that bug about. How can you then complain that your bug gets dropped into a cache that (in your opinion) wont recieve enough visitors???

If we pick up a bug (shock horror - we dont read the TB page before we go out caching..) we will help it with its mission if we can (we have gone out of our way to help some TBs) but if not we will just place it in another cache - be it a 1/1 drive by that gets 3 visitors a dayor a 5/5 that gets 3 visitors a year. (guess that makes us selfish sods ???)

You take your chances when you release a TB - I fail to see how anyone can complain about what other people do to them once they are relying on their kindness to move them on.

Wrong Im afraid, when you check the TBs pages it quite plainly says in the top left hand corner in bold type 'OWNER' which implies that the person who releases it, is the owner until it ceases to exist, until then its on loan to whoever has it at the time and its their responsibility to look after it and ensure that it gets as close as possible to its goal.

When I release a cache into the 'wild' I expect that the person on the receiving end of it, will be a responsible cacher, who will (hopefully) do as I would do and act responsibly by ensuring that to the best of their ability that my wishes for my TB are adhered to, I don't rely on anyones Kindness to move it on, I put it in the cache for others to enjoy as Ive enjoyed it there is nothing that states you have to touch it or move it on, thats a responsibility you take on for yourself.

I am simply saying (Asking), (yet again), that when you pick up a coin or object that I have place for you to look at and admire, that you don't stuff it into the nearest burrow and say to hell with him, its his fault he shouldn't have left it there for me to move, does that make it any plainer.

[You take your chances when you release a TB - I fail to see how anyone can complain about what other people do to them once they are relying on their kindness to move them on.

I have one bug with a very clear specific mission, and to be honest, people are not very good at helping it. It keeps veering off in the wrong direction, leaping madly across country, doubling back on itself and so on. Sometimes this bizarre behaviour can be a bit frustrating but mostly I find it amusing and endearing - it's the charm of a TB. You are not in control.

I left a "naked" Welsh geocoin in Wales last year. Without a tag, people wouldn't know the mission until they got home. It is now abroad wandering aimlessly around, but that' sok... I never attached a mission tag, so what should I expect?

On the other hand, my "Back from........" bug has already come back home from Australia, and is now heading towards the destination cache again after I left it in California. 36,000 miles later, and the bug has pretty much always headed towards its goal, complete with mission tag attached.

Go on, I'll bite.

If you're going to get this stressed about your TBs, why release them at all if you can't accept they'll go in the direction that some random cacher wants to take them and will be placed in a cache of their choosing?

Is this about your Navy Blue TB that was placed in Peacehaven Radar and the subject of a rescue request? I fail to see the problem with it tbh. It's a 1/2 cache, it loosely fulfils the "ports" goal of the bug and when it was placed on April 17, the cache had been found twice in the previous month and twice the month before that.

Are you going to define how many immediate previous visits a cache must have before allowing your bugs to be placed there?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise, but I don't see the problem with that particular TB in that particular cache.

Ive just read your reply and it was not about that particular TB that Im complaining about, so you have got the wrong end of the stick, however the fact that Im requesting that all TBs are treated with a little bit of thought and not just shoved into the nearest dark hole, applies to all TBs not just to mine, it seems that when moving on TBs, very little if any thought is given to where they go (I don't want to tar all with this brush because I know some if not all do respect the aims of the TBs, and to those I apolagise), I have seen Tbs moved on from one cache to another that its just come from.

I really don't see the problem with what I'm asking for if you play darts then you try to get them in the right slot, if you play football you try to get the ball in the right goal so whats wrong with asking that TBs are sent in the right direction and not stalled on their journey, its a sport after all, the same as any other with aims and goals???

My 'Summer Holiday TB' wants to go to Athens and back but went north to Yorkshire instead .... but what the heck at least its travelling. :blink:

Its headed soth since and is near to Heathrow airport .... just maybe ... :laughing:

its all part of the 'fun' as far as I'm concerned.

:blink::angry::anibad:

Hypothetical situation:

Errm... done that :laughing:

Picked up a coin in West Somerset that wanted to go to Lands End (from Yorkshire), and took it home to Cambridgeshire. Read the online goal when we got home and emailed the owner to apologise. Apparently there had been a mission card and log book but they had become separated. We made up new card and logging sheet and sent it on its way via a busy TB hotel - it ended up in Yorkshire, a few miles from the owners home :anibad:

Hypothetical situation:

Hey that is not so hypothetical you know! A few months ago we found TB in a cache in Staffordshire. There was nothing on it to say what it wanted to do but when we got it home and checked it's page we found that it wanted to go to the top of Snowdon, that a previous cacher had left it somewhere near the railway at the bottom of the mountain and then a subsequent cacher had picked it up and taken it to the location in which we found it. Presumably if it had been clearly labelled with its mission then it would have made its goal by now.

So, can you illustrate your point with a (bad) example? Apart from that one, your TBs all seem in good order.

Yes I can but don't want to, I don't want to antagonize any one individual by singling them out and maybe embarrassing them besides why do I need to, it happens and we all know it happensso why do I need to give examples??

If a bug/coin is in the same cache for two months, it's not stuck - that's quite normal. A quick review of the first few pages of my travel bugs has shown up quite a few that have been stationary for 3 months+.

I would avoid putting a travel bug with a specific mission in a little-frequented cache though (unless it's one of mine!).

Wrong Im afraid, when you check the TBs pages it quite plainly says in the top left hand corner in bold type 'OWNER' which implies that the person who releases it, is the owner until it ceases to exist, until then its on loan to whoever has it at the time and its their responsibility to look after it and ensure that it gets as close as possible to its goal.

When I release a cache into the 'wild' I expect that the person on the receiving end of it, will be a responsible cacher, who will (hopefully) do as I would do and act responsibly by ensuring that to the best of their ability that my wishes for my TB are adhered to, I don't rely on anyones Kindness to move it on, I put it in the cache for others to enjoy as Ive enjoyed it there is nothing that states you have to touch it or move it on, thats a responsibility you take on for yourself.

I never disputed who the owner of the bug was - what I am disputing is that it is somehow "on loan" to us.

Any bugs of coins we have picked up we have done so believing we were doing the owner of the bug a favour by moving it along and hopefully managing to write a nice log for it, just as we consider others are doing us a favour by moving our TBs and coins along on their travels.

We definitely dont pick up travel bugs so we can admire the fluffy bunny attached until we can bear to drop it off again. Yes, IF we can help it towards its goal we will, but with most TBs we dont know what the goal is until we log it on the page. If we discover that there is no easy way for us to help the TBs mission we will drop it in a cache so someone else might be able to.

So, can you illustrate your point with a (bad) example? Apart from that one, your TBs all seem in good order.

Yes I can but don't want to, I don't want to antagonize any one individual by singling them out and maybe embarrassing them besides why do I need to, it happens and we all know it happensso why do I need to give examples??

Is this a huge problem???

Jazz666s Bookmark list of TBs which MAY need rescued has 39 caches on it, out of several thousand that must be travelling round the country. (one of the bugs on the list is ours, still in the (easy but for some unknown reason not visited frequently) cache that we placed it in over a year ago. If we as OWNERS aren't bothered about one of our bugs being stuck in "a dark hole" then why should it bother you?

If no problem exists why look for a solution?

I had one recently stuck for two months

That's the Navy Blue one. You only have four.

You're implying that's unacceptable.

Are you saying that your TB should not have been placed in that particular cache and if so, why not? Through what means could the placer have known the TB would not move for two months?

Edited by scanker

Looking at your other three trackables, one's only just been placed by yourself, and the other two are in caches in which you've recently seen fit to place trackables.

May 8 by henly (339 found)

Dropping TBs for the pond run.

[view this log on a separate page]

June 23 by henly (339 found)

Nice little cache despite the pouring rain, felt a bit sorry for the couple getting married at the church, not for the rain but because they were getting married :laughing:, felt a bit strange everyone in their 'off to the wedding' clothes and me in s*** order, got some funny looks, but I let it rise above me.

TN Left tairyoku geocoin

TFTC

[view this log on a separate page]

Just for my own piece of mind, can you please clearly define what would be an acceptable cache to place your TBs?

Edited by scanker

I never disputed who the owner of the bug was - what I am disputing is that it is somehow "on loan" to us.

Any bugs of coins we have picked up we have done so believing we were doing the owner of the bug a favour by moving it along and hopefully managing to write a nice log for it, just as we consider others are doing us a favour by moving our TBs and coins along on their travels.

We definitely dont pick up travel bugs so we can admire the fluffy bunny attached until we can bear to drop it off again. Yes, IF we can help it towards its goal we will, but with most TBs we dont know what the goal is until we log it on the page. If we discover that there is no easy way for us to help the TBs mission we will drop it in a cache so someone else might be able to.

Is this a huge problem???

Jazz666s Bookmark list of TBs which MAY need rescued has 39 caches on it, out of several thousand that must be travelling round the country. (one of the bugs on the list is ours, still in the (easy but for some unknown reason not visited frequently) cache that we placed it in over a year ago. If we as OWNERS aren't bothered about one of our bugs being stuck in "a dark hole" then why should it bother you?

If no problem exists why look for a solution?

Anyone who does me a 'favor' by trapping my TB in a dark hole, can they please not bother, I dont care how nice the log entry is.

I really don't care about your TBs, unless you specifically want me to, no I'm generally talking about my TBs and others who don't want to get into this discussion but still feel the same as I do, if you don't care about your TBs then thats your prerogative but please allow me the freedom to be concerned about mine being trapped.

Generally Im not talking fluffy bunnies here Im talking (on my TBs anyway) coins that cost from five pounds upward, all with a specific purpose in life, I find them attractive and I suspect others do too, and thats why I want to share them.

There may well not be a problem as you see it but not all people see such a simplistic view as yours we all have different viewpoints thats not to say you are right and I am wrong.

I would like my coins to travel every day if possible, so as many people can see and enjoy them as possible, if thats a problem with you, then what can I say.

Of the 39 TBs that are trapped in various caches, I suspect the owners, except you of course, are not very happy about them being there otherwise whats the point of them being out there.

For your information Skanker there were a total of about 20 TBs for the pond run to USA Which I collected, all of which expressed a aim to travel abroad, and please inform me why you feel the need to troll my posts and placings, is it for the express purpose of trying to shoot me down? also for your information I would like my Tbs to be place in mainstream caches not in out of the way places (but there, I said that before havent I)

Still it take a lot of effort to get through to some people.

Ah never mind. I'll say no more. Rant on.

Its easy this one. Nowadays the only caches that are visited regularly are drive bys and one's in power trails. Just stick a tag on your bug/coin saying "please only place this TB in drive bys or power trails". Problem solved.

Edited by Foinavon