cache adoption?

bluegillfisherman

I realize this is the "normal" procedure. I know the system won't allow a member to place a subscriber only, but will it allow a member to adopt one already listed as subscriber only.

Let's just say that someone sent an adoption request & forgot to mark it for everyone. If it could be adopted, but not viewed/edited by the member, that would leave the cache in limbo.

bgf

Why even bring up adoption? What happens when a premium member who owns a PMO cache lets his membership expire?

I would assume they'd be blocked like every other non-PM?? (well of course they'd need to clear the browser cookies first but then no views, right?)

Why even bring up adoption? What happens when a premium member who owns a PMO cache lets his membership expire?

I would assume they'd be blocked like every other non-PM?? (well of course they'd need to clear the browser cookies first but then no views, right?)

I'd hazard a guess that as the PMO status is dependant on the owner being a PM, as soon as the cache database synchronised with the Membership database. The cache would revert to being a Non PMO. And possibly the same would happen with a PMO cache Adopted by a Non PM.

I'd hazard a guess that as the PMO status is dependant on the owner being a PM, as soon as the cache database synchronised with the Membership database. The cache would revert to being a Non PMO. And possibly the same would happen with a PMO cache Adopted by a Non PM.

Why would this be automated? A cache placed my a PM is not automatically a MOC, someone has to go and check a box :laughing:

Why would this be automated? A cache placed my a PM is not automatically a MOC, someone has to go and check a box unsure.gif

Only a PM has the option to make a cache a MO one, which means the database must check the status of the persons membership when producing the edit page. And it defiantly checks their membership status when trying to view a MO cache.

Why would this be automated? A cache placed my a PM is not automatically a MOC, someone has to go and check a box unsure.gif

Only a PM has the option to make a cache a MO one, which means the database must check the status of the persons membership when producing the edit page. And it defiantly checks their membership status when trying to view a MO cache.

therefore???

therefore???

If only PM's can create and own or view MO caches, I'm guessing that if the account status changes to non PM then once the databases synchronise with each other the status of any MO caches owned by that account, would automatically change to Non MO caches.