'ARCHIVE' or 'DELETE' PQ's and routes?

BigBadger & Li'l SG

Why would one want to archive a PQ or a route from the Manage your Pocket Queries list page?

Does Archiving the PQ's keep them in the list, and/or does it add it to the 40 allowed PQ's?

I think there should be a DELETE check box instead of, or alongside the ARCHIVE check box on that page to make deleting more than one at a time convenient?

The main reason I am asking this is because I cannot delete any of my many screwed up ROUTES. I can't get into them to delete them and I dont want to archive them as that would imply that I may want to see them again in the future, which I do not.

Thanks all,

Archive is the more technically correct term. As you do not in realty delete hardly a thing from this site. It simply gets marked as "do not show" or something like that. Much the smae way as logs, accounts, listings etc....

Delete would mean that it is lost forever - and it is not. Even if you can't do anything about it yourself. Effectively - archive removes it from consideration. Then you can replace it with a new one.

Archive is the more technically correct term. As you do not in realty delete hardly a thing from this site. It simply gets marked as "do not show" or something like that. Much the smae way as logs, accounts, listings etc....

Delete would mean that it is lost forever - and it is not. Even if you can't do anything about it yourself. Effectively - archive removes it from consideration. Then you can replace it with a new one.

Okay, and not to split hairs or be argumentative, but when one goes into ones specified Pocket Query you can DELETE the PQ from there with the DELETE button. If ARCHIVE and DELETE are synonymous, why have both and not just one....

Hmmmm maybe I am splitting hairs. Forgive me.

Okay, and not to split hairs or be argumentative, but when one goes into ones specified Pocket Query you can DELETE the PQ from there with the DELETE button. If ARCHIVE and DELETE are synonymous, why have both and not just one....

Hmmmm maybe I am splitting hairs. Forgive me.

I think one reason they use the term "archive" in this situation is to prevent a particular abuse of the system. You're allowed to run 5 pocket queries per day. The system apparently keeps track of how many you've run using the tally at the bottom of your pocket queries list. If the system allowed you to actually delete a pocket query you just ran a few minutes before, you could run a pocket query... delete it... run another pocket query... delete it... ad infinitum and never get to the maximum of 5. So the system keeps them around at least for the next day to prevent this sort of cheating. Hope this makes sense! :blink:

--Larry