Bicyclist Garmin 205?

I ride a bicycle a lot of the time but have gotten into some light GEOCACHING. Would the Garmin 205 be an acceptable GPS unit to site my own caches and hunt for others? So far have just been using maps to find the ones near me. May need to go into the woods to locate some of them.

I noticed that in Ohio they hold a bicycling hunt. What kind of units do they use for this type of hunts?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Gary

I don't believe the Edge 205 is a navigation device. It only uses GPS technology to track speed and distance. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). If there is no "Go to" capability it wouldn't work for geocaching. a good choice would be the new Legend HCx. I use a Venture Cx on my bicycle and it works great. saves a little weight over the 60 series, although the 60 series buttons are easier to operate while moving on the bike.

The Edge does do navigation. You can save or load waypoints and do goto's. You can create routes connecting waypoints. Tracks are displayed and can be off-loaded to the computer to see where you've been. No downloadable maps, but a small map page which displays the points and tracks.

See the owners manual: http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/967_OwnersManual.pdf

It would not be the best geocaching unit, but it has all the capability of the old yellow eTrex plus a SiRF chipset.

The Edge does do navigation. You can save or load waypoints and do goto's. You can create routes connecting waypoints. Tracks are displayed and can be off-loaded to the computer to see where you've been. No downloadable maps, but a small map page which displays the points and tracks.

See the owners manual: http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/967_OwnersManual.pdf

It would not be the best geocaching unit, but it has all the capability of the old yellow eTrex plus a SiRF chipset.

I might have to reconsider getting one for my cycling as it's much smaller and lighter than my GPSMAP76CX.

Got the pdf downloaded, will read up on how hard it is to input cache locations.