Records

Most in a day, most in a weekend, most in a week, most in a month, most in a year, quickest 100, 200, 300, 400 ....

Most counties, most countries ... oh wait, that can come later B)

I'd need to run a macro to get the numbers tho ;)

P.S. define self propelled ... propelled by independent means or propelled by the person, cos I think you would have a job finding anyone who could do the latter very far!

Most in a day, most in a weekend, most in a week, most in a month, most in a year, quickest 100, 200, 300, 400 ....

Most counties, most countries ... oh wait, that can come later B)

I'd need to run a macro to get the numbers tho ;)

P.S. define self propelled ... propelled by independent means or propelled by the person, cos I think you would have a job finding anyone who could do the latter very far!

Better do you a separate page.

Seriously though, I was thinking of propelled by independent means so that battery systems could be included.

Err. would prefer if you just picked one record please or it may get a tad unwieldy :D

I've got FTF

First to Five Continents - unless anyone knows differently?

Send me a bookmark link to your first cache in each continent with dates and I will happily add it.

You should probably add that it should be 5 physical caches as some peeps will no doubt try to claim it with locationless or armchair caches.

I've got FTF

First to Five Continents - unless anyone knows differently?

Send me a bookmark link to your first cache in each continent with dates and I will happily add it.

You should probably add that it should be 5 physical caches as some peeps will no doubt try to claim it with locationless or armchair caches.

Thanks,

they are deffinite caches with TB either placed or taken to prove the visit and photos.

You'll have to change the page to "UK and Ireland" or something politically acceptable :blink: (preferably which also includes the IOM!). It seems better to include Ireland (etc) on the records page although I suppose it should be strictly UK.

I believe that a team consisting of The Windsockers, Kili Or Bust, Hezekiah and Donnacha managed to find caches in all 32 Irish counties on March 26th 2006.

HH

You'll have to change the page to "UK and Ireland" or something politically acceptable :) (preferably which also includes the IOM!). It seems better to include Ireland (etc) on the records page although I suppose it should be strictly UK.

I believe that a team consisting of The Windsockers, Kili Or Bust, Hezekiah and Donnacha managed to find caches in all 32 Irish counties on March 26th 2006.

HH

Politically acceptable humph! Politically correct I can barely manage on a good day :P

Have to? I can sit here and do nowt if i want to :blink:

Joking apart, the titles staying as is, more because I won't get into a debate about it, that would mean I would never get anywhere with it.

Their record will go on the page until somebody comes to me with the number of unique caches (with the exception of YOSM) they have visited for the first time in the counties. Has some may not know the team visited caches in all the counties, however due to the shortage of caches at the time they had to visit some caches they had already done.

Before anyone complains thats old news, the debate about the legitimacy has been had. It stands until the day someone says "I have done these caches in these counties, within 24 hours, I have never done them before, here is my bookmark".

Joking apart, the titles staying as is, more because I won't get into a debate about it, that would mean I would never get anywhere with it.

I think accuracy and correctness (politically or not) is crucial when record keeping or compiling statistics. As it is having Ireland under a UK heading is incorrect whatever your belief.....and I'm not looking to start an argument either :blink:

I think accuracy and correctness (politically or not) is crucial when record keeping or compiling statistics. As it is having Ireland under a UK heading is incorrect whatever your belief.....and I'm not looking to start an argument either :P

Tough! :blink:

you can always do your own page

Tough! :P

Ah well....as long as we're not going to get childish about it :blink:

I've no real interest in keeping or attempting any of the records. I just like things to be correct which is why I've commented. You wouldn't put a French record on that list would you?

I believe the folks who did the Irish Record* submitted it to be included on the UK records page originally.

Fair enough. I guess they wanted to boast about it but IMO it's not a UK record.

*I say 'record' but they had found most of the caches before!

It's still a record as it's never been done or beaten before. With the people involved it would have been impossible to do unique caches and even if they were newbies it still would have been difficult. In fact some counties in Ireland still only have 1 or maybe 2 caches.

Tough! :P

Ah well....as long as we're not going to get childish about it :blink:

I've no real interest in keeping or attempting any of the records. I just like things to be correct which is why I've commented. You wouldn't put a French record on that list would you?

I believe the folks who did the Irish Record* submitted it to be included on the UK records page originally.

Fair enough. I guess they wanted to boast about it but IMO it's not a UK record.

*I say 'record' but they had found most of the caches before!

It's still a record as it's never been done or beaten before. With the people involved it would have been impossible to do unique caches and even if they were newbies it still would have been difficult. In fact some counties in Ireland still only have 1 or maybe 2 caches.

I made it very clear at the beginning that I am not going to change it. This debate has been done ad nauseum. I am not being childish. I have far better things to do as I said right at the start.

I made my position clear from the start!

The other alternative is to completely remove the Irish Counties record which I will do if requested to by the current owners.

Go and try and wind somebody else up, it is not going to work with me.

Just to save my time I will not respond to further postings on what the title of the page is. Either use is it or don't.

If you do want to debate it go start another Thread!

Edited by mongoose39uk

OK, I don't really like rules for these things but how about some guidelines?

1. A member of each caching team being present at each cache.

2. No simultaneous finding (i.e. splitting up).

3. All caches to be logged on line.

4. No previously found caches to be counted with the exception of Ye Old Survey Monuments.

5. No cacher to be present who has previously found the cache.

6. No finding caches placed by you or a member of your team.

7 Logbooks must be signed (no putting stickers on the outside of the box.

These being for the 24 hour records

Edited by mongoose39uk

Ok, as the records page is not up to date, I would like to attempt a replacement for it (temporary preferably).

So,

Who has what record?

Cheers

Tony

From memory, G Force has the record for most travellers from us and Scaw. However I don't believe he releases his which we do, so is it the most released or the most owned? I guess there is the same question for travellers found too - so does it include coins discovered at events and TBs that move by post? It's much harder to count these though, so perhaps simply owned and found is easier...

B.

....rant snipped....

I wasn't trying to wind anyone up but if that's the way you want to be than that's fine.

No wonder people are complaining about unfriendliness and lack of fun on the forum at the minute!

If you intend to do something publicly like this then you should be prepared to accept criticism or comment from others without shouting them down.

I am entitled to my opinion too even if it goes against your own. Please don't attack me for stating it!

From memory, G Force has the record for most travellers from us and Scaw. However I don't believe he releases his which we do, so is it the most released or the most owned? I guess there is the same question for travellers found too - so does it include coins discovered at events and TBs that move by post? It's much harder to count these though, so perhaps simply owned and found is easier...

B.

I think both Lizzardman and myself can probably give the UK record for the most activated TBs/coins a run for it's money :laughing:

Also, my first TB - World Wide Womble - has done 48679 miles, since setting off in October 2004 and is presently on holiday with KiwiGary:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=95536

That's got to be close to the UK record?

Russ