Time on geocaching.com

Blackjack Bailey

The time set on your GR profile may be correct but what you need to do is go to the My Controls link at the top of the forums. When the page opens look at the menu on the left and select board settings under the options menu. When the page opens, look at the first entry which is Your base time zone. Under this section you can select South Africa from the dropdown list. Go to the bottom of the page and select change my account settings. The time should now be correct on all subsequent posts. Hope this helped

The time set on your GR profile may be correct but what you need to do is go to the My Controls link at the top of the forums. When the page opens look at the menu on the left and select board settings under the options menu. When the page opens, look at the first entry which is Your base time zone. Under this section you can select South Africa from the dropdown list. Go to the bottom of the page and select change my account settings. The time should now be correct on all subsequent posts. Hope this helped

Aaah yes, well done... forgotten all about that B)

Haa haa, I too had my time set wrong up till now. Never really bothered with it till now anyway. Realizing that it could confuse some people I quickly changed it. I somehow have that warm fuzzy feeling, now that my time is correct. LOL.....

Thanks Wazat - you're a genius! :D

By the way, I'll be passing through your neck of the woods at the end of August, enroute to Kruger Park, so I might pick up a few caches along the way if I have time...

Not a problem bud. You should have time for the caches they are roadside caches mostly with the exception of the ones in the Vryheid and Utrecht parks. But seeing that you are going to Kruger Park these two parks should wet the appetite. Not much wildlife but worth the visit.

I stand corrected as well as my time. Thanx. :blink:

Wazat, have you managed to trackdown Africard?

Yep I ran into him in the local shopping center. His GPS is on the blink that is why he isn't caching at the moment. Culling Song is an old friend and I managed to get him active again.

mmmm... if memory serves he had imported it from the US..... :blink:

Good to see some new faces in Newcastle area, and hopefully this will encourage the others to get active again.

mmmm... if memory serves he had imported it from the US..... :rolleyes:

Good to see some new faces in Newcastle area, and hopefully this will encourage the others to get active again.

Ouch, importing it may have been the wrong move then. I recall he was shopping for one when I first met him. I used to sell Garmin products just over 2 years ago and I think he came shopping for one. I may be mistaken though.

Culling Song as I mentioned is an old friend. He put down a cache recently in the area too. He is in a new company at the moment and has a whole lot of work on his agenda that is keeping him busy. I am hoping to get out caching with him sometime soon. He was put off by an elusive cache in Durban that he struggled to find but eventually found after a few returns. So he took a back seat for quite a while.

I am also in the process of changing jobs and have planted the caching seed with the guy who is taking over from me. He has been driving out with me to clients and I have dropped some caches while he is with me, even checked up on a few. He really likes this whole GPS thing and seems keen on getting one.

I am also planning on getting back to my old employee with a few brochures that he can display in the shop. Might get some people shopping for a GPS interested. Funnily enough I first read about Geocaching about 3 years ago and although I sold the units I never had or bought one. If I had known how much fun it was I would have got a unit way back then.

Oh and to everyone.... Pleasure to have got your time sorted out.

Edited by Wazat