SNEAK PEEK: Earth Turtle Geocoin :)

tsunrisebey

I picked up some turtles today (YEAH!) I got the Shiny Gold but I'm still waiting on the Shiny Silver and I'm not sure how long those will take to get in since mine were being redone (for those of you who are waiting to make trades).

I also have a bunch of extra turtle pins. Anyone out there interested in getting one? If there is interest, I may just run a large contest to give some away.

I will start mailing out turtle packages for silent auctions/contests this week, thanks for being patient.

~tsun

For those who want to see what all versions look like and know what the run down is here you go;

From Right to Left;

***Antique Silver~ 1st run/ 125

***Black Nickel/Gold~ 1st run/ 15 unblemished and 5 blemished

***Brushed Copper~ 1st run/ 125

***Shiny Silver~ 2nd run/ appx. 330

***Shiny Gold~ 2nd run/ 15 (secret/tsun version that I paid to have minted)

Not the best pic but it should do.

Turtlemania.jpg

~tsun

For those who want to see what all versions look like and know what the run down is here you go;

From Right to Left;

edited to keep space smaller :D

~tsun

Wow tsun! Those look great! I think my fav is the bn/g. But if that is a pin I am seeing in the wood above the coins.. I am totally in love :D with how cute it is!

BrokenW

Mousekakat

accordiangal

fluttershy

I'll send you a pin. The next 6 people to post in this thread with interest in receiving a pin can have one, I would prefer that people who don't have one, ask for one but obviously I don't know who has them already, guess I'll just have to trust you all :D

Please email me your addy; if you have ever received anything from me, than no need, I have your addy stored somewhere :D

~tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey
BrokenW

Mousekakat

I'll send you a pin. The next 8 people to post in this thread with interest in receiving a pin can have one, I would prefer that people who don't have one, ask for one but obviously I don't know who has them already, guess I'll just have to trust you all :D

Please email me your addy; if you have ever received anything from me, than no need, I have your addy stored somewhere :D

~tsun

tsun you totally ROCK!! Thank you so much!

BrokenW

Mousekakat

accordiangal

fluttershy

glenn721

GBOTS

I'll send you a pin. The next 4 people to post in this thread with interest in receiving a pin can have one, I would prefer that people who don't have one, ask for one but obviously I don't know who has them already, guess I'll just have to trust you all :D Total of 10 pins to be given away on this thread.

~tsun

6 left on this offer.

Edited by tsunrisebey

BrokenW

Mousekakat

accordiangal

fluttershy

I'll send you a pin. The next 6 people to post in this thread with interest in receiving a pin can have one, I would prefer that people who don't have one, ask for one but obviously I don't know who has them already, guess I'll just have to trust you all :D

~tsun

AHHHHHH!!! MY LUCKY NIGHT!!! First a Jelly from Fluttershy and now a sweet little turtle from Steph!!

YESSSS!! and yes, I'm aware I'm "shouting," but trust me, that's what is in my heart right now!

Thank you thank you thank you, Steph!!!

Wooohoo! *happy dancin'*

BrokenW

Mousekakat

accordiangal

fluttershy

Thisty Mick

GBOTS

zazth

Secret Chief

keewee

I'll send you a pin. The next person to post in this thread with interest in receiving a pin can have one, I would prefer that people who don't have one, ask for one but obviously I don't know who has them already, guess I'll just have to trust you all :D Total of 10 pins to be given away on this thread.

~tsun

1 left on this offer.

Edited by tsunrisebey

BrokenW

Mousekakat

accordiangal

fluttershy

Thisty Mick

GBOTS

zazth

Secret Chief

I'll send you a pin. The next 2 people to post in this thread with interest in receiving a pin can have one, I would prefer that people who don't have one, ask for one but obviously I don't know who has them already, guess I'll just have to trust you all :D Total of 10 pins to be given away on this thread.

~tsun

2 left on this offer.

:D YAY :D Thank You!!!

I have to say that the 5.. opps, sorry, 6 turtles together look awesome. I especially like the looks of the Antique Silver - there is just something about it. But then they do all look great.

And that cute little fellow too... I just know rattusbaggus will get down on him/her given half a chance! :D

Aaaaah!!

Turtle pin! ;)

The gold turtle is still my favourite...my favouritist of favourite coins that is :D

Did you need one? If you did, I'll just toss it in with the lilypad coins...

Well I do need one (I'm quite pathetic like that ;) ), but I have no idea what the 'extra' is that The Caching Place has included in the package, as my order is going through that wonderful woman, MommyFinder.

MommyFinder included my order with hers, so if she only gets one Pin (if that is what the 'extra' is) I would hate to see her send it to me and not get one for herself.......

Does that make sense? :D:D

From Right to Left;

Turtlemania.jpg

~tsun

What a cute little family ;)

I am so happy I could trade for a turtle ;)

Turtlemania.jpg

Oh my... more turtles have come ashore in Aotearoa! WOW - they are beautiful, esp. the Antique Silver!!! :ph34r:

Steph - as I now have turtle pins (they came with the latest TCP package) you can give the one you were going to give me to someone else... or I could use it as a prize/giveaway at the 'GCF Aotearoa Event'. I'll leave that up to you. :ph34r:

Thank you TCP for the Turtle Express deliveries! :laughing:

Thanks tsun for the awesome geocoin design! :D

From Right to Left;

Turtlemania.jpg

~tsun

I gotta have them all!!!

(only have the shiny silver right now)

I'm curious, has anyone activated one or is anyone planning on activating one?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, activate and plan to RELEASE one, release being the key word, lol. I forget some people like icons.... :huh:

I am planning to release one, but I am sorry to say that I can't let go a real turtle I traded for. I don't want to loose it, and I don't want to give it away, they are sooo cute ;) But I want to share it with others, too, so I will make a nice copy. I know many cachers don't like those laminated copies, so I will mark it clearly in the description that there will be a copy out in the wild. Maybe someone will like it anyway and move it to another cache....

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, activate and plan to RELEASE one, release being the key word, lol. I forget some people like icons.... :anitongue:

I am planning to release one, but I am sorry to say that I can't let go a real turtle I traded for. I don't want to loose it, and I don't want to give it away, they are sooo cute :rolleyes: But I want to share it with others, too, so I will make a nice copy. I know many cachers don't like those laminated copies, so I will mark it clearly in the description that there will be a copy out in the wild. Maybe someone will like it anyway and move it to another cache....

Why go through the trouble of putting a fake coin out?

I, for one, will not discover or move a fake geocoin. If you don't want to put a real one out there then don't trick people into thinking a real one is out in a cache. When an icon shows it in a local cache you cannot know if it is real or fake. Then someone goes to that cache specifically to discover a cool coin with a cool icon and get nothing for their efforts other than maybe discovering a fake geocoin.

It looks like you have alot of geocoins in your unpublished cache. Are there any fake ones there? You should treat others like you treat yourself. You don't fool yourself, please don't fool others.

This is just my opinion of fake coins and not a comment towards you personally.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, activate and plan to RELEASE one, release being the key word, lol. I forget some people like icons.... :anitongue:

I am planning to release one, but I am sorry to say that I can't let go a real turtle I traded for. I don't want to loose it, and I don't want to give it away, they are sooo cute :rolleyes: But I want to share it with others, too, so I will make a nice copy. I know many cachers don't like those laminated copies, so I will mark it clearly in the description that there will be a copy out in the wild. Maybe someone will like it anyway and move it to another cache....

Why go through the trouble of putting a fake coin out?

I, for one, will not discover or move a fake geocoin. If you don't want to put a real one out there then don't trick people into thinking a real one is out in a cache. When an icon shows it in a local cache you cannot know if it is real or fake. Then someone goes to that cache specifically to discover a cool coin with a cool icon and get nothing for their efforts other than maybe discovering a fake geocoin.

It looks like you have alot of geocoins in your unpublished cache. Are there any fake ones there? You should treat others like you treat yourself. You don't fool yourself, please don't fool others.

This is just my opinion of fake coins and not a comment towards you personally.

I have one suggestion here. These coins are incredibly beautiful and well thought out. Let's revive this thread:

Geocoin Copies vs. Real Coins

and hash out copies there again if we must. I don't want to see these little turtles take any flack :D

Oh, that unpublished cache will never be published... it is just for keeping my activated coins I don't want to release (now or never) out of my inventory so that I don't have to scroll through all of my activated coins each time I put one into a cache... (and no, the fake cache doesn't "steal" any other cache coordinates as it lies at my home coordinates with nothing than ugly houses and main streets close, no place where you want to find a cache...)

As for me, I have no problems with moving along copies, I have done that in the past and will do that in the future. All coins I have released so far were real coins, no copies.

And now I am sitting here and hate that little turtle I worked nearly two hours on to make it look as close as possible as the real one (no, nothing looks as beautiful as the real turtle looks...) and I don't know what to do with it :anitongue:

Oh, that unpublished cache will never be published... it is just for keeping my activated coins I don't want to release (now or never) out of my inventory so that I don't have to scroll through all of my activated coins each time I put one into a cache... (and no, the fake cache doesn't "steal" any other cache coordinates as it lies at my home coordinates with nothing than ugly houses and main streets close, no place where you want to find a cache...)

As for me, I have no problems with moving along copies, I have done that in the past and will do that in the future. All coins I have released so far were real coins, no copies.

And now I am sitting here and hate that little turtle I worked nearly two hours on to make it look as close as possible as the real one (no, nothing looks as beautiful as the real turtle looks...) and I don't know what to do with it :anitongue:

Steinwälzer,

release it as a tribute travelbug to the real turtles... and send it here to Sweden, I'll move it along! I wanna see it!

You put time and effort into it, I think it should be be sent out into the world!

:rolleyes:

Naomi

My apologies.

Back on topic. Does anyone have any of these beauties for trade or sale? Ever time I show them off I get requests for trades or offered cash.

The wife thinks I should just give her one. ROTFLOL

No need to apologize. Angst about copies vs. coins has been around for quite sometime. It's derailed plenty of threads, and I'd hate to see Steph come home from water coloring, to find the poor turtles hijacked. :anitongue:

On topic, I love the idea of a tribute travel bug. Awesome thinking, well done.

...On topic, I love the idea of a tribute travel bug. Awesome thinking, well done.

Once in a blue moon my feeble, pregnancy fogged brain actually comes up with something decent :anitongue:

Duddn't happen often, hehehe, better write this one down in my journal, lol!

*happily smiling*

(God help me, I'm easily pleased! :rolleyes: )

From Right to Left;

Turtlemania.jpg

~tsun

I gotta have them all!!!

(only have the shiny silver right now)

whew! $600 for the whole set... that was too rich for my blood... :anitongue: