SNEAK PEEK: Earth Turtle Geocoin :)

tsunrisebey

OK, I was trying to stay out of this, but my bitchy self just couldn't take it.

First, congrats on selling all of your coins, it's a feat these days.

With that said....

I cannot believe how many people came in here and talked about this sale being "good, with just a few minor glitches, a little frustrating, but over all went well "and so on. These were the same people in the coinsandpins.com sale of the FSM coin ripping them a new one for the SAME problems. If you're gonna bash one vendor for these issues you sure as heck better be bashing the other vendors when it happens to them. (For the record I don't think either should be bashed, crap happens, life goes on, hopefully they become aware of the issues and can get them fixed.) It just really irritates the crap out of me that ya'll can be so hypocritical. We all have our favorite vendors, but this is a showing to your character, and not a good one in my opinion. Maybe you were just really heated up after the C&P sale and calmed down by the time it happened again, that's understandable, but seems to me an apology is merited. Yes, they are friends of mine, but I wouldn't come in and bash even the vendors I don't care for the way some of you did.

Time to take a look and compare your posts... Maybe if you have that much disdain for a group or person, just stay out of that thread all together, cuz the contrast from there to here is nothing less than shocking.

Thanks for the compliment on the coins but I truly wish you would have emailed the people you have problems with instead of coming over here and attempting to bitch/hijack/turn this thread into another zoo. I don't do that to anyone's thread. You are definitely allowed your opinion but start another thread if you wanna complain about another company or posters. Please don't come over here and do this.

Thank you.....tsun :lol:

Hi tsun,

Thanks for making the Earth Turtle available again. I just preordered the silver version. It's a beautiful coin, and I just have to have it! I mixed up the time zones and missed the other two metals, so I'll be looking for trades! I do appreciate you and The Caching Place making this version available so quickly. I know it's a pre-order, so I'll be patiently waiting. :lol:

I cannot believe how many people came in here and talked about this sale being "good, with just a few minor glitches, a little frustrating, but over all went well "and so on. These were the same people in the coinsandpins.com sale of the FSM coin ripping them a new one for the SAME problems.

If you're gonna bash one vendor for these issues you sure as heck better be bashing the other vendors when it happens to them. (For the record I don't think either should be bashed, crap happens, life goes on, hopefully they become aware of the issues and can get them fixed.) It just really irritates the crap out of me that ya'll can be so hypocritical.

I guess that makes you a hypocrite only before your post then? I didn't hear you supporting TCH earlier as you did ad nauseam for C&P ?

We all have our favorite vendors, but this is a showing to your character, and not a good one in my opinion. Maybe you were just really heated up after the C&P sale and calmed down by the time it happened again, that's understandable, but seems to me an apology is merited.

I personally think that both incidents were awful. Both websites, with the help of their customers, created a terrible purchasing environment.

One big thing that I noticed was the comments/attitudes of the companies. From C&P I heard a lot of condescending comments which left a bad taste in my mouth. C&P used the "I do what the customer wants" as if they are unable to offer suggestions such as "pre-sales". For C&P to use any kind of "we couldn't anticipate the interest" is just laughable. If they'd been following the FSM geocoin thread here they'd know that the interest would be unreal ... then they would have been in a position to offer suggestions to FSM, hey! But I guess that monitoring the market is too much trouble and the result? The customer suffers.

C&P has a history of these incidents and I only hear after the fact that they attempted fixes which turned out to not fix the problem ( of course their parting shot was a reference to Groundspeak having problems with load as well "even the big boys" or similar/close comment ... very professional ). After reading all of C&P's comments I know who SHOULD NOT be representing C&P to the public.

TCH? I haven't bought much from them so can't comment on whether or not they have a history of such incidents and, if there were some, what they did about them.

As I said earlier, both incidents were s***ty and hopefully both vendors will learn from this.

Yes, they are friends of mine

Well, as long as you're neutral and all.

Thanks for the idea HB, I feel better now, having vented.

Edited by nicolo

Hi tsun,

Thanks for making the Earth Turtle available again. I just preordered the silver version. It's a beautiful coin, and I just have to have it! I mixed up the time zones and missed the other two metals, so I'll be looking for trades! I do appreciate you and The Caching Place making this version available so quickly. I know it's a pre-order, so I'll be patiently waiting. :)

Thank RC! I'm glad you were able to get a couple this go round :lol:

tsun :)

OK, I was trying to stay out of this, but my bitchy self just couldn't take it.

First, congrats on selling all of your coins, it's a feat these days.

With that said....

I cannot believe how many people came in here and talked about this sale being "good, with just a few minor glitches, a little frustrating, but over all went well "and so on. These were the same people in the coinsandpins.com sale of the FSM coin ripping them a new one for the SAME problems. If you're gonna bash one vendor for these issues you sure as heck better be bashing the other vendors when it happens to them. (For the record I don't think either should be bashed, crap happens, life goes on, hopefully they become aware of the issues and can get them fixed.) It just really irritates the crap out of me that ya'll can be so hypocritical. We all have our favorite vendors, but this is a showing to your character, and not a good one in my opinion. Maybe you were just really heated up after the C&P sale and calmed down by the time it happened again, that's understandable, but seems to me an apology is merited. Yes, they are friends of mine, but I wouldn't come in and bash even the vendors I don't care for the way some of you did.

Time to take a look and compare your posts... Maybe if you have that much disdain for a group or person, just stay out of that thread all together, cuz the contrast from there to here is nothing less than shocking.

I agree that no one should be bashed for stuff that is out of his/her control, but I think the difference in response is one of timing and amount of time wasted.

I wasn't around for this one, as when I got up at 5:30 a.m. HST (1/2 hour after the sale started), the fat lady had already sung and the coins were gone. Contrast this with Monday at 1:30 p.m HST. (1/2 hour after the FSM coin sale started) when no one had managed to buy a coin. In fact the first successful buyer posted at 2:11 pm HST, over an hour after the sale was to have begun. So there was lots more time for all that frustration to build up.

Also since the other sale happened in the afternoon/evening for most everyone in the States there may have been even more folks around to crashing the C&P site.

jrr

I dont think I've ever wanted to see a coin in the flesh (metal?) as badly as I do this one!

Really great design Tsun!

I dont know if I'll need all six (but that is a possibility) :D

There can never be enough turtles CP :lol: Thanks for getting so many though, I actually bought more than 6 for myself.

Now to get this thread back on track :)

For those of you who may have missed the link or what's going on, here;s your chance to get some turtles if you missed out. These are a completely different look; Shiny Silver w/ translucents and glitter :) Check out the link;

http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p;idproduct=234

tsun :)

Edited by tsunrisebey

Last day to get your orders in for the Earth Turtles (Shiny Silver w/ translucents and glitters). Pre-Orders will close tonight at 9:00pm MST=11:00pm EST/10:00pm CST/8:00pm PCT. Earth Turtles will then be retired :o

If you've been out of the loop and have no idea what I'm talking about, just look at the first post on this thread, for a picture.

Here is the Pre-Order link; http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p;idproduct=234

Thanks to everyone for making these a wonderful success! tsun :D

front_gold2.JPG

Last day to get your orders in for the Earth Turtles (Shiny Silver w/ translucents and glitters). Pre-Orders will close tonight at 9:00pm MST=11:00pm EST/10:00pm CST/8:00pm PCT. Earth Turtles will then be retired :)

If you've been out of the loop and have no idea what I'm talking about, just look at the first post on this thread, for a picture.

Here is the Pre-Order link; http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p;idproduct=234

Thanks to everyone for making these a wonderful success! tsun :)

front_gold2.JPG

Hi tsun,

Do you know how many Shiny Silver Earth Turtles were pre-ordered in the end?

Cheers,

Craig

Well, this is what I get for being on vacation for a month!! This is one of the most awesome coins I have seen in a while. If anybody happens to have an extra. I would love to buy one.

TSun, if these go on sale again, please notify me!!! You make some great coins. Will you be making the other 4 coins to match your handmade set? I hope so!!! I would LOVE to have a set of them if yo ever do!!!

Sending you an email about another matter!

Well, this is what I get for being on vacation for a month!! This is one of the most awesome coins I have seen in a while. If anybody happens to have an extra. I would love to buy one.

TSun, if these go on sale again, please notify me!!! You make some great coins. Will you be making the other 4 coins to match your handmade set? I hope so!!! I would LOVE to have a set of them if yo ever do!!!

Welcome home :D

I think there are a few people who have extras for trade of the orgianl run, I don't, but I have quite a few of the shiny silver (v2) for trade when I get them.

I hadn't thought of this coin as the "actual coin version" of the petroglyph series, lol. Although, I have been getting some emails requesting a coin version of the petro series. I don't think I could make coins look better than the handmade petroglyph items. I will say this much; there are the 'Sacred Bear' and 'Horse Spirit' coin designs sitting on my desk now but I need to figure out designs for the back and these are way down the pipeline at this point... these will be done on my own again, like the Toucans, and I'll post when I have something concrete to say ;)

tsun

Welcome home :D

I think there are a few people who have extras for trade of the orgianl run, I don't, but I have quite a few of the shiny silver (v2) for trade when I get them.

I hadn't thought of this coin as the "actual coin version" of the petroglyph series, lol. Although, I have been getting some emails requesting a coin version of the petro series. I don't think I could make coins look better than the handmade petroglyph items. I will say this much; there are the 'Sacred Bear' and 'Horse Spirit' coin designs sitting on my desk now but I need to figure out designs for the back and these are way down the pipeline at this point... these will be done on my own again, like the Toucans, and I'll post when I have something concrete to say :D

tsun

:laughing::unsure::blink: OMG - OMG-OMG-OMG :huh::huh::o A Sacred Bear? :P:PB) Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait. :DB):D Is it here yet? :D:D:D Not even a peak? :DB):D

Well there will be another update here soon.... I just got a note from The Caching Place, I'll let them note what's going on, as they can explain/answer questions better.

Hi folks!

Looks like the coins "won't" make the Saturday delivery as promised!! ^_^ Apparently the mint had some problems with the two-tone plating and only have about a 1/3 of the order ready to ship. I've been told that they will do everything possible over the weekend to finish up and ship the order to us on Monday. We 'should' have the entire order in hand on Tuesday morning and will begin shipping right away.

As many of you have heard here in the forums lately, the mints have been having quite a time getting orders out on time as well as getting them out "correctly" - it's frustrating to say the least.....this is the 3rd change in shipping dates for this order! What's really annoying is NOT finding out until this evening that our promised "Saturday" delivery isn't happening!!

We're really sorry for the delay, everyone is really excited, as we are, to get these cute turtles in hand!! I'm confident the wait will be well worth the reward!!!

Thanks for your patience everyone, and hopefully there are no additional delays!! ^_^

~ Georgia

PS...there should be no delays with the 2nd version, but we will keep you posted on them as well :unsure: I'm keeping my fingers crossed they arrive a few days early to make up for these being late!!

Well there will be another update here soon.... I just got a note from The Caching Place, I'll let them note what's going on, as they can explain/answer questions better.

Hi folks!

Looks like the coins "won't" make the Saturday delivery as promised!! :blink: Apparently the mint had some problems with the two-tone plating and only have about a 1/3 of the order ready to ship. I've been told that they will do everything possible over the weekend to finish up and ship the order to us on Monday. We 'should' have the entire order in hand on Tuesday morning and will begin shipping right away.

As many of you have heard here in the forums lately, the mints have been having quite a time getting orders out on time as well as getting them out "correctly" - it's frustrating to say the least.....this is the 3rd change in shipping dates for this order! What's really annoying is NOT finding out until this evening that our promised "Saturday" delivery isn't happening!!

We're really sorry for the delay, everyone is really excited, as we are, to get these cute turtles in hand!! I'm confident the wait will be well worth the reward!!!

Thanks for your patience everyone, and hopefully there are no additional delays!! :unsure:

~ Georgia

PS...there should be no delays with the 2nd version, but we will keep you posted on them as well :blink: I'm keeping my fingers crossed they arrive a few days early to make up for these being late!!

Thanks for the update. Your response is awesome - you have put a caring, human face (so to speak) on The Caching Place. It is appreciated from a geocoin consumers perspective. Thanks.

Another update folks,

We did receive the Turtle coins, unfortunately there are some issues with quality. To be honest, we're quite surprised that the mint released these for shipment. In the past, our mint has always had excellent quality controls in place to avoid these types of problems and we've never had an inferior shipment, believe me, we are as upset as you are! :rolleyes:

The issue seems to be with the two-tone process of combining Black Nickel with the antiquing process. It's this process that "delayed" the shipment in the first place! Hopefully, the mint can assure us, that the current issues can be corrected and the coins remade at the level of quality we all expect. This of course, delays the shipment once again, but in the end the buyers receive a coin they can be proud to own!

We wanted all of you to be aware of this latest problem. We will send an update via emails to all of those who purchased this coin, as well as post updates here in the forums and on our website once we have a conversation with our mint.

We take great pride in the quality of coins and customer service that we offer at TCP - we appreciate your support and understanding and are really sorry this has happened. Please feel free to email us if you have questions or concerns.

Thanks!

~ Georgia & Sharon

Another update folks,

We did receive the Turtle coins, unfortunately there are some issues with quality. To be honest, we're quite surprised that the mint released these for shipment. In the past, our mint has always had excellent quality controls in place to avoid these types of problems and we've never had an inferior shipment, believe me, we are as upset as you are! :rolleyes:

The issue seems to be with the two-tone process of combining Black Nickel with the antiquing process. It's this process that "delayed" the shipment in the first place! Hopefully, the mint can assure us, that the current issues can be corrected and the coins remade at the level of quality we all expect. This of course, delays the shipment once again, but in the end the buyers receive a coin they can be proud to own!

We wanted all of you to be aware of this latest problem. We will send an update via emails to all of those who purchased this coin, as well as post updates here in the forums and on our website once we have a conversation with our mint.

We take great pride in the quality of coins and customer service that we offer at TCP - we appreciate your support and understanding and are really sorry this has happened. Please feel free to email us if you have questions or concerns.

Thanks!

~ Georgia & Sharon

Thanks for the update. It seems that this is a continuation of recent issues with a number of mints, as talked about in another thread.

Does that mean that there might be a whole lot of non-trackable ones available cheaply? Or that people will get a traveler and a keeper? I'm keen either way.

Thanks for the update. It seems that this is a continuation of recent issues with a number of mints, as talked about in another thread.

Does that mean that there might be a whole lot of non-trackable ones available cheaply? Or that people will get a traveler and a keeper? I'm keen either way.

Thanks keewee and you're right, there have been some issues with the mints lately. We've been pretty lucky up to this point, a few late orders some engraving issues, but never an issue with them sending us defective coins :rolleyes:

The defective coins will be sent back to the mint (at their request) to be used as an example of what NOT to send out to the customers!!

We did receive the Turtle coins, unfortunately there are some issues with quality.

To be honest, we're quite surprised that the mint released these for shipment.

:(

:laughing: I do not mind at all to wait, and to receive an outstanding coin in a quality finish.

Thanks for taking a stand to provide quality control and at the end a great coin. :laughing:

Looking forward to more news :laughing:

We did receive the Turtle coins, unfortunately there are some issues with quality.

:laughing: I do not mind at all to wait, and to receive an outstanding coin in a quality finish.

Thanks for taking a stand to provide quality control and at the end a great coin. :ph34r:

Thanks Arne :laughing:

Whew....talk about Murphy's Law!! What a situation this has turned out to be!! We really appreciate everyone's patience. A HUGE thanks to Tsun for having the patience to go through this right along with us!! We've all learned a lot!! :o

Here is the new plan:

The coin is being re-minted because the manufacturer was unable to produce a two-tone finish in a quality that is acceptable.

To replace the antique copper/black nickel version, we will produce a brushed copper version. Using the same beautiful translucent colors as on the original coin.

Instead of two tone BN/antique silver, we will use antique silver. Again, using the same transparent color scheme as the original coin.

We have ordered samples and will post the photo's once they arrive.....hopefully within a week - We are expecting the production to take about 2 weeks. As mentioned in an earlier post, now, that we have the correct information to pass along, we will send emails to all those who have ordered. If this change creates a problem for anyone, please contact us, we would be happy to refund your purchase.

Again, we appreciate the kind comments from everyone, and your patience!

Now....off to send some emails!

~ Georgia & Sharon

Thanks for taking a stand to provide quality control and at the end a great coin. :ph34r:

Thanks Arne :laughing:

Whew....talk about Murphy's Law!! What a situation this has turned out to be!! We really appreciate everyone's patience. A HUGE thanks to Tsun for having the patience to go through this right along with us!! We've all learned a lot!! :o

Here is the new plan:

The coin is being re-minted because the manufacturer was unable to produce a two-tone finish in a quality that is acceptable.

To replace the antique copper/black nickel version, we will produce a brushed copper version. Using the same beautiful translucent colors as on the original coin.

Instead of two tone BN/antique silver, we will use antique silver. Again, using the same transparent color scheme as the original coin.

We have ordered samples and will post the photo's once they arrive.....hopefully within a week - We are expecting the production to take about 2 weeks. As mentioned in an earlier post, now, that we have the correct information to pass along, we will send emails to all those who have ordered. If this change creates a problem for anyone, please contact us, we would be happy to refund your purchase.

~ Georgia & Sharon

What is the difference between the colors? You are not able to produce two tone colored turtles? Were the samples appropriate before the order was placed? I am confused as to how the coin manufacturers promise one thing and deliver another product.

:blink:

:) I do not mind at all to wait, and to receive an outstanding coin in a quality finish.

Thanks for taking a stand to provide quality control and at the end a great coin. :P

Looking forward to more news :)

Thanks Arne :)

Whew....talk about Murphy's Law!! What a situation this has turned out to be!! We really appreciate everyone's patience. A HUGE thanks to Tsun for having the patience to go through this right along with us!! We've all learned a lot!! :blink:

Here is the new plan:

~ Georgia & Sharon

I just wanted to touch on a few things myself and address all you Earth Turtle buyers;

#1.) Thanks for being patient! We all want our turtles, including me :) I know it's taking longer than what was expected but there was no way we could have anticipated what would take place with the mint over these.

When the samples came in, everything looked great, no problems, move into production, just like normal. Coins get delayed, ok we can deal with that but customers are waiting....

A partial shipment comes in and almost all of them look like crap. I saw some pictures and the black nickel was bleeding into the translucents and onto the copper/silver/gold plating. So we discuss our options and make a plan B and a plan C while trying very hard to keep the look and integrity of the coin. The mint is apologetic, admits mistake. More coins come in a day later, they look like junk too, nothing like the samples received. So to make a very long story, short, this particular two-tone process was too difficult for the mint, end of story. It involves many different steps, they thought they could do it, it turns out they can but not a good job of it.

We could have done a two-tone with PMS colors but I did not want to do that, that was my choice. I wanted the textures and the translucent colors, so the turtle stayed true to that way I designed it, hence moving to a one plating color scheme. I know some of this doesn't make sense to you as far as the minting process goes with plating and color schemes but not everything is always as 'easy' as it seems. Had the mint just been honest about their abilities, we would all have coins in hand now.

I know Georgia and Sharon have been busting their hineys over these coins because I've received tons of emails and calls from them discussing options and then they have to stay up until the wee hours of the morning to jive with the overseas time zones, going back and forth over these issues.

Live and learn, trust me when I say; there isn't anyone more excited to get these turtles in hand than me! I toiled over this design and have been so excited when this whole process started. I don't mind waiting a few more weeks considering I've been waiting months to see these come to reality. So, I'm real sorry that there is an inconvience here and that what was orginally offered is now unable to come to fruition but when done right (I've seen pictures) these little guys are quite adorable. So thanks again for being so understanding! I know The Caching Place is emailing customers and has an update page on the turtles, so hang in there all! We're all working hard (mostly Georgia and Sharon) towards getting some beautiful Earth Turtles minted!

Tsun :)

edit for spelling

Edited by tsunrisebey
What is the difference between the colors? You are not able to produce two tone colored turtles? Were the samples appropriate before the order was placed? I am confused as to how the coin manufacturers promise one thing and deliver another product

There is no difference in the colors, the difference in the coin is in the plating. Originally we had hoped to have the lower part of the turtle in black nickel, and the top part of the turtle in antique copper and antique silver.

The AE of shiny gold and black nickel came out very nice because it didn't involve the "antique process"

The problem the mint had was combining the black nickel with the antiquing process. The sample photos looked fine or we would not have ordered them, and yes, the mint has apologized for not realizing early on in the process that there would be a problem, and even though some of the coins we received came out nice, the majority did not.

If a two tone antique combination can't be produced in the quality we expect, then it's in our customers best interest to produce a finish that everyone will be proud of.

Hope that helps explain a little better..

~ Georgia

Edit to say: Thanks Tsun!! I didn't see your post before posting my latest response! Nicely done :blink:

Edited by TheCachingPlace

Thanks again for the updates they contain great information and are very nice. :blink:

I completely understand the mint delivering samples that look perfect and wonderful but when it comes to the full production run the coins are nothing like the perfect samples. I have had this done on 2 coins I have been involved in. It is disappointing.

I am sure the new coins with out the 2 tone color scheme will look wonder and I am looking forward to getting them. :blink: