SNEAK PEEK: Earth Turtle Geocoin :)

tsunrisebey

Just a quick update; Sales for the Earth Turtle will start on July 25th at 9:00 am, MST (so 11:00 am East Coast time, 10:00 am Central, and 8:00 am Pacific)

http://www.thecachingplace.com/?gclid=CMzo...CFQOYWAodrSh4Yg

I'll post a picture later today of the Antique Silver/Black Nickel version. I won't have an Antique Copper/Black Nickel Version pic to post for awhile but it will have the same colors as my gold turtle. The Antique Silver has a different color scheme altogether. I'll post the icon also.

Specs:

1.75"

unique shape

2-tone

3D on back

slightly "layered" coin

lots of translucents!

trackable w/ icon

price $8.75

125 Antique Silver/Black Nickel

125 Copper/Black Nickel

Headed out to place a cache series, back later with photos :laughing: Tsun :anibad:

Edited by tsunrisebey

Interesting day today after all the hiking and placing caches, I come home and a forest fire breaks out behind my place. Fortunately, it was small and the firefighters got on it right away ;) So, finally getting a chance to get some pics up.

These are the pics of the Antique Silver/Black Nickel version. These don't show up as shiny in the pics like the gold ones do but in hand they will be nice and shiny with that great translucent look! There are a couple less color fills with this version to allow for the exposure of the nice antique silver metal, why waste that effect?

On the front of this one, the 2 right side shell pieces are both translucent purples (one dark, one lighter). The sun portion is a lighter blue, orange and red translucent mix, and the paw prints are done in red translucent. You can look at the gold version to get an idea of how the colors will look in person :o The head and legs of the turtle were done in a 'mossy green' translucent. These will be so neat in hand! I even ordered some for myself.

front_antique_silver1.JPG

On the back, you can see the nice greens and blues for translucents.

back_antique_silver2.JPG

I put the gold ones back up just so you could visualize what the copper coins will look like, pretend the gold is copper and there you have it! If i get a photo sample of the copper prior to sale, I will post it.

front_gold2.JPG

Fill in the back here with orange translucent and visualized copper metal ;) CACHE WITH CARE (saying on back)

back_gold1.JPG

There ya have it, and to all of you going to MWGB, have a great time!

tsun ;)

Just a quick update; Sales for the Earth Turtle will start on July 25th at 9:00 am, MST (so 11:00 am East Coast time, 10:00 am Central, and 8:00 am Pacific)

Darn! i dont exist on the 25th ;). im flying to fiji and i leave the 24th, and get there the 26th because of the time difference, and basically the 25th is non existant :o.

save some for when i get back!!

Just putting the sale date into my calendar, and realize it is the same time as a never-ending meeting I'm forced to attend weekly. :rolleyes: May have to sneak out of the meeting that morning and make a quick transaction on my phone...have to see how fast my fingers can type on those tiny keys! :rolleyes:

No chance of booking some in I suppose? We struggle with the hours if they are going to sell out as we are on the other side of the world from nearly everywhere in NZ. :ninja:

I'll be attempting to get up at 3am to get some - wish me luck! (more for the actually getting up rather than the getting geocoins!)

No chance of booking some in I suppose? We struggle with the hours if they are going to sell out as we are on the other side of the world from nearly everywhere in NZ. :ninja:

I'll be attempting to get up at 3am to get some - wish me luck! (more for the actually getting up rather than the getting geocoins!)

LOL :) Sorry it is so early in your part of the world but thanks for wanting some turtles!

Just do what I do - dont go to bed - then you dont have to worry about getting up early enough :)

LOL :D Sorry it is so early in your part of the world but thanks for wanting some turtles!

I should think so!! LOL

Gotta get some as they are a great design!

Just do what I do - dont go to bed - then you dont have to worry about getting up early enough laughing.gif

Yeah - but you're lucky enough to be 3 hours behind us... so for you it's just a late night... for me it's a very early morning! A work day too :huh: Need Sleep ;):)

It'll be 11:00am my time. I'd be happy to order for anyone on the "other" side of the world! Just contact me through my profile, and let me know how many of each version.

cool.gif

Thanks for that. Will see how I go closer to the time and will get in contact if I need to.

Edited by keewee

Didn't get an FSM coin? How about a sweet, colorful Earth Turtle instead? Just a reminder that tomorrow (7/25) at 9:00am MST these little guys go on sale at The Caching Place; http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p?idCategory=23

Yes! Since the sale for the FSM coin at C&P was so poorly anticipated and organized and I didn't get to buy any ( I did manage to trade for two ) I now have some extra-extra cash, woohoo!

The only thing ... I may actually have to be at work on time to make the sale, :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm confused now, I go back in, and it says coming soon....not sure where I found the link to order ahead of time, I was killing time in the store by ordering up some engraved milestone coins, and I think they were at the bottom of the page as "you might also want..." ;) Oh, I wanted all right! ;)

Got an emailed copy of the order, hope all is well....kind of feel bad for jumping the gun, but hey, it just fell off the shelf info my shopping cart, who was I to resist temptation! :mad: