Garmin Offering a rebate on Topo 2008

I don't know anything about TOPO 2008. I would asume that all streets on City Navigator will be shown on TOPO 2008. I will ask this: Is TOPO 2008 routable? If not, I know the answer, NO. Liable to end up off a cliff or something otherwise.

I will continue to make my custom maps will much greater topo detail and incorporate all the streets from City Navigator in the sections I'm interested in.

Otherwise, no thanks to TOPO 2008.

I don't know anything about TOPO 2008. I would asume that all streets on City Navigator will be shown on TOPO 2008. I will ask this: Is TOPO 2008 routable? If not, I know the answer, NO. Liable to end up off a cliff or something otherwise.

I will continue to make my custom maps will much greater topo detail and incorporate all the streets from City Navigator in the sections I'm interested in.

Otherwise, no thanks to TOPO 2008.

I doubt that all the street info, and especially the route info, could be made available without licensing it from Navteq (pronounced "unlock codes"). I'm not sure the upgrade is worth it for people with City Nav, but for those without, street names and 3-D shading may be worth it, especially with a $30 rebate. Too bad they didn't offer this from day one for early adopters.

Is TOPO 2008 routable?

The short answer to your question is no, Topo 2008 is not routable.

Good for you! Keep at it.

I was merely simply posting the information for those who ARE interested or have purchased Topo 2008.

Oh great... Looks like I threw away a $30 rebate with last weeks garbage since I tossed out the packaging with the UPC code. I'm usually really good (alomost TOO good) when it comes to keeping product packaging but for some reason, I figured I simply would not be needing it for anything. I have the Amazon.com receipt along with with everything BUT the UPC code/packaging. :D

Really. Apparently there is no cut off date, but as was previously mentioned, some of us have already disposed of the packaging. :D

Yep, add me to the list of people in the same boat. If you would, please post here if you hear from Garmin about other options for those of us in this situation!

I just saw on the Garmin Site where they are offering a $30 rebate to people who upgraded to Topo 2008 from the old Topo USA. It is on the Topo information page.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!! I read this post on the day that I received TOPO 2008 and I still had the packaging in the trash can. If I hadn't seen this it, I'd be out the $30.

Thank you CenTex Dodger!!

Does anyone actually know what the difference is between the two? I now have both, but I'm curious. They call it an upgrade, but what are the changes? Better map detail? Updated roadway information? Added functionality? I'm sure the topo lines haven't changed that much, so what could it be?

Does anyone actually know what the difference is between the two? I now have both, but I'm curious. They call it an upgrade, but what are the changes? Better map detail? Updated roadway information? Added functionality? I'm sure the topo lines haven't changed that much, so what could it be?
Take a look at this thread.

Thanks sput! :unsure:

Proving yet again that Garmin has the best customer service. Here's the response I received after throwing away my packaging as well.

xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. As the coupon states, we do ask that you submit your original dated itemized receipt, your UPC code from the new Topo 2008 product package, and also your rebate coupon complete with serial numbers from both units.

However, you are a valued Garmin customer so we will go ahead and honor your rebate request without the UPC code from the product packaging. Please be sure to include all required documentation other than the UPC since you longer have it.

If you need further assistance please reply to this email. Thank you for choosing Garmin and have a great day.

Best regards,

xxxxx

Consumer Marketing Programs Coordinator

913-440-XXXX

rebate@garmin.com

GARMIN International

1200 E. 151st Street, Olathe, KS 66062

*Note: Please include all previous email correspondence if you reply to this email. Excluding this information may cause a delayed response.