GPXtra - Power Queries augmented with a Memory Map import

Want to use LordElph's Lovely Icons without all that mucking around with GSAK?

Wouldn't it be nice if the PQ email just had the icons and a CSV file ready for you to import directly in Memory Map?

It would, you say?

Want to help me test GPXtra? Here's how it works

• register your email address with the gpxtra service, getting your own customised gpxtra email address
  • set up your power query as normal, but opt to send it to this custom address
  • the gpxtra service receives the email, analyses the GPX file and adds a Memory Map csv and icons into the zip file
  • augmented zip file is then sent on to your normal email address

The net result is that your Power Queries take a few minutes longer to arrive, but they come stuffed with all the nourishing goodness Memory Map needs to show those caches right away!

If this sounds appealing, and you'd like to test it, contact me through my profile.

If all goes well, I'll open it up all in a week or so.

OK, I think I've sent out beta test instructions to everyone who emailed me. If all goes well I'll open it up to all.

I'm away for a few days so won't be able to respond to feedback until Tuesday. If anyone else wants to test it though, get it touch via my profile.

From the number of people who have expressed an interest, I'm expecting the usage of this service to be quite low. If there are any people silently thinking "ooh, I'll try that", make yerselves known so I know just how slick I need to make it!

Hi Lordelph,

Got a bit of a problem from Beta Testing, but I'm not sure if it's because I'm doing something wrong, or because the particular geocache in question is an adopted one (that I found way before adopting it), but it isn't showing up as the green "Owned" icon, but as a Yellow "Found" one.

Can you confirm what priority is given to the cache attributes? I'm assuming a possible reason for this is the "Found" attribute is taking priority over the "Owned"? If so, is that the preferred priority or could Ownership be given a higher priority? Would other folks object to this?

Or is it simply down to me not having something setup correctly to identify myself as the owner? I.E. the 'placed by' data isn't "dakar4x4", it's "poppy walkers, adopted by dakar4x4". When I use GSAK scripting to produce the icons, ownership is done via my owner id, '288124' but I guess this isn't available from within the pocket queries to be used by GPXTRA?

Cheers,

Jon.

Sounds like something which could be fixed - I would say "owner" should take precedence over "found".

It seems not all testers have been able to get their emails but I haven't diagnosed this problem fully yet. Once I've resolved that I'll open it up to anyone who wants to play!

Sounds like something which could be fixed - I would say "owner" should take precedence over "found".

It seems not all testers have been able to get their emails but I haven't diagnosed this problem fully yet. Once I've resolved that I'll open it up to anyone who wants to play!

Oh, yes please!

I'll mail you.

Simon

Cool, the priority I have been using in the GSAK Macro is: -

1. Owned - If you own it you have it flag Green.

2. Unavailable - If it's not owned, but unavailable, flag it Red.

3. Found - If it's not Owned or Unavailable and has been found, flag it Yellow.

The logic for this was that if it is unavailable, you'd rather know it's unavailable rather than previously found in case you were tempted to go for a re-visit. If it's Owned, then you are likely to already know if it's Unavailable.

Regarding emails, mine have been perfect, arriving within a few minutes of the query being submitted on Geocaching.com.

Cheers,

Jon.

EEeeeekk...

I dropped some PQ's into geocaching.com this morning and they are now listed as having run, but nothing has arrived from GPXTRA... Is the system in error or down for maintenance so something? I've re-scheduled runs for tomorrow to go direct to my default email account to get around this problem in the short term, but wondered what's up with the lovely system that was in place and running smooth as you like?

Cheers,

Jon.