Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx vs eTrex Vista HCx

I thought about that feature as well when making my decision for the 60csx and later the vista HCX......and then I realized if I am out backpacking, that is a great feature to have, but its just not there on the vista HCX or CSX

so I am not going to forfit all around greater units for simply that single feature, I would get another device to measure barometric tendencies, which stinks but its probably better that way anyhooo

I actually have a suunto watch that does just that, so the decision was easier for me, but it really shouldnt hold you back at all.....

for the simple reason that just because there are barometric variences does not mean the weather is going south, its only right probably 60% of the time if that, and it should be just as accurate in reading the updated pressure when you turn the unit back on.

http://www.ambientweather.com/kestrel.html

And along comes this idiot, to un necro a thread.

So I have roughly 15 years experience with a 62s and Vista HCX. 

The Vista wins indoors or with very heavy canopy. It fits my pocket better. IDK what screen Garmin chose for the 62s but the clarity sucks. My Vista hcx is clear and sharp on my motorbike, at night, Turn warnings are easy to see. 

During this evening my Vista had locks on at least 6 sats, my 62s trailed by at least 1, if not 2 sats. And some 62s locks were pretty low. If I were looking at the used market I'd want another Vista because.

• Funny 1