how many reviewers?

lost-in-montana

I am in Kalispell Montana and am new to geocaching (13 finds). I have placed a cache and posted it but it hasnt been reviewed yet. I sent a ticket in and got a response that they would let the reviewer know. It has been 5 days since I sent in the submission. I know they are volunteers and I want you to know im not upset or complaining. Im just anxious and excited. LOL. I have seen in the forums that people know how many reviewers there are in different states, so I am wondering if anyone knows how many we have for Montana? or any other state and How one becomes a volunteer, and if we can contact the reviewers directly?

Thanks

Hi!

The Reviewer for your area is on vacation right now, so reviews are a bit slow for a bit. I'm one of the back up Reviewers for your area (there is one other who is also on vacation at the moment) and I've been off for a couple days for personal reasons. I should be getting to the Review queue tonight. I know that it can be tough waiting for your cache to be listed, especially when it's your first one. Hang in there!

You can contact Reviewers directly, the usual way to find them is to look at the bottom of more recent caches in the area and there should be a publish log with the Reviewer name and link to their profile on it.

There is something posted in the FAQ thread that may answer your questions about becoming a Reviewer.

Thanks,

Cascade Reviewer

Hi!

The Reviewer for your area is on vacation right now, so reviews are a bit slow for a bit. I'm one of the back up Reviewers for your area (there is one other who is also on vacation at the moment) and I've been off for a couple days for personal reasons. I should be getting to the Review queue tonight. I know that it can be tough waiting for your cache to be listed, especially when it's your first one. Hang in there!

You can contact Reviewers directly, the usual way to find them is to look at the bottom of more recent caches in the area and there should be a publish log with the Reviewer name and link to their profile on it.

There is something posted in the FAQ thread that may answer your questions about becoming a Reviewer.

Thanks,

Cascade Reviewer

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I actually figured it was a vacation thing but as I stated, i was . getting anxious. LOL. Thanks for the great info. I would be willing to help if needed. Thanks again.

Hi!

Thanks,

Cascade Reviewer

CR, you have a new avatar...Cool!!! :tired:

And a much more diplomatic response than I would have given...Cheers!

CR, you have a new avatar...Cool!!! :anibad:

Thanks! :P

I've been searching for a long time, but I've never been satisfied. I'm happy that I finally found something that I like. I've stopped searching, so unless I see something pop up that is better, this one will stay. It's a local painting, I think perhaps Mt. Hood, but I'm not very good at guessing all the beautiful mountains in our lovely Cascade Mountain range.

CR, you have a new avatar...Cool!!! ;)

Thanks! B)

I've been searching for a long time, but I've never been satisfied. I'm happy that I finally found something that I like. I've stopped searching, so unless I see something pop up that is better, this one will stay. It's a local painting, I think perhaps Mt. Hood, but I'm not very good at guessing all the beautiful mountains in our lovely Cascade Mountain range.

That is a lovely painting - would love to know the artist so I could look up their other work!

Link

It's in flickr, and I got the picture out of one of the mountain sets. I'm not sure if there are any copyright issues, if anyone thinks so, I'll change my avatar.

edit:

Here's the full painting: Link

Thanks for the links. Looks like the watercolor is by Betty Chilstrom, the wife (sister? daughter?) of the photographer (David Chilstrom) who posted the images.

I'm sure your avatar use is acceptable within the copyright usage listed. It's a low-res thumbnail used non-commercially. And very nice!! Great avatar.

Edited by hydnsek

:blink::laughing:

FYI: Do not google image search "naked mountain" with the safe mode off. :blink::anibad:

The more than 8,000m high Nanga Parbat mountain in Pakistan boasts the world's ninth highest peak. The name literally means "Naked Mountain," but it also goes by the colloquial title "Killer Mountain".

nakedmountain3.jpg

Edited by Cascade Reviewer

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but all I could think of when I saw this topic is "How many reviewers does it take to screw in a light bulb?" ;):o

I refuse to try to answer that on the grounds that I may need a cache approved.

Oh, I have no problem answering that. Of course, I'm not going to share the answer publicly... ;)

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but all I could think of when I saw this topic is "How many reviewers does it take to screw in a light bulb?" :anitongue::laughing:

Refusing to answering the question and deciding to go on a different tangent....what size is the light bulb?

Micro, Small, Regular, Large, Unknown...or is it a Multi of light bulbs?

regular.gif

And what would be the difficulty and terrain?

Because if there was any type of climbing involved it would definitely up the latter (ladder) - pun intended.

Can this be done at Night and is Stealth required?

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but all I could think of when I saw this topic is "How many reviewers does it take to screw in a light bulb?" :anitongue::laughing:

Refusing to answering the question and deciding to go on a different tangent....what size is the light bulb?

Micro, Small, Regular, Large, Unknown...or is it a Multi of light bulbs?

regular.gif

And what would be the difficulty and terrain?

Because if there was any type of climbing involved it would definitely up the latter (ladder) - pun intended.

Can this be done at Night and is Stealth required?

The only thiing you forgot to ask about is "Do you have the find the lightbulb first?"

On a more serious note, How many reviewers are there in our region?

The Steaks

On a more serious note, How many reviewers are there in our region?

The Steaks

Enough. :anitongue:

In Washington State, there is Team Misguided, PNWadmin, and I am a back up which means I help out when I can and when I'm needed. Our Reviewer community is like a family, and we like to help each other out. So from time to time you may see other Reviewer's names on cache pages. Before I came on board, Max Cacher was helping a lot. More recently, Keystone and OReviewer have helped here and there (and perhaps others as well). :laughing: