A puzzling issue with GSAK / Google Earth

Hi all ...

I've got an issue with loading my pocket queries from GSAK (ver. 7.1.0.etc.) to Google Earth (ver. 4.0.2737). I have paid for the license for GSAK 7. About a month ago, I upgraded to the version of GE listed above and am now begining to wish I hadn't.

Here is the issue. The first time I export my caches from GSAK to Google Earth, the icons display properly and everything is exactly as I would expect. In order to keep the caches in GE, I move the list from "Temporary Places" to my "My Places" list so it will be there the next time I load GE. However, the 2nd time I load GE after uploading my caches from GSAK, instead of showing the proper cache icon, then entire icon map image is displayed - for all caches. I did notice that the names of caches seem to appear twice in each listing - but I cannot remember if it was like that before I started experiencing this problem.

Here are some screen captures to illustrate.

Here is a screen capture of the icons when I first export my database from GSAK to Google Earth. The icons appear correctly. I can even move the list from "Temp Places" to "My Places" and they still show up properly.

62a3e6eb-da26-4dc1-8c96-89a6ab6cf4a3.jpg

This is a screen capture of the same caches after I closed Google Earth and then reopened it again just 30 seconds later. Now the entire image map is showing up instead of the correct icon. As you can see, GE is pointed at the right file (all the icons are there, just ity-bity), but for some reason it can't resolve how to display the proper portion of the image file.

62958f28-d27f-49b1-9f6c-1a16dce79d8a.jpg

Finally, I noticed that the names of the caches seem to appear in the my "my places" list twice when the list is expanded. I don't recall if it was like that before and have no idea if that is related to this problem. Here is a screen capture.

984860ca-2646-42d0-ac50-262783903e83.jpg

Anybody have any ideas how this might be corrected? Has anybody else experienced this issue? I've looked all through GSAK and GE's perfrences and options and find nothing that might lead me to believe something is not set up correctly. Is this a GSAK or a Google Earth issue? Any ideas / help you might be able to contribute would be appreciated. Thanks! The fact that the icons appear correctly the first time they are exported from GSAK to Google Earth, but then show up incorrectly only after GE has been closed and reopened later, leads me to believe that it is a problem with Google Earth. However, I'm no programmer, so really don't know for sure.

Regards,

Matt

aka - Western Mass Clan

Hi all ...

I've got an issue with loading my pocket queries from GSAK (ver. 7.1.0.etc.) to Google Earth (ver. 4.0.2737). I have paid for the license for GSAK 7. About a month ago, I upgraded to the version of GE listed above and am now begining to wish I hadn't.

Here is the issue. The first time I export my caches from GSAK to Google Earth, the icons display properly and everything is exactly as I would expect. In order to keep the caches in GE, I move the list from "Temporary Places" to my "My Places" list so it will be there the next time I load GE. However, the 2nd time I load GE after uploading my caches from GSAK, instead of showing the proper cache icon, then entire icon map image is displayed - for all caches. I did notice that the names of caches seem to appear twice in each listing - but I cannot remember if it was like that before I started experiencing this problem.

Here are some screen captures to illustrate.

Here is a screen capture of the icons when I first export my database from GSAK to Google Earth. The icons appear correctly. I can even move the list from "Temp Places" to "My Places" and they still show up properly.

62a3e6eb-da26-4dc1-8c96-89a6ab6cf4a3.jpg

This is a screen capture of the same caches after I closed Google Earth and then reopened it again just 30 seconds later. Now the entire image map is showing up instead of the correct icon. As you can see, GE is pointed at the right file (all the icons are there, just ity-bity), but for some reason it can't resolve how to display the proper portion of the image file.

62958f28-d27f-49b1-9f6c-1a16dce79d8a.jpg

Finally, I noticed that the names of the caches seem to appear in the my "my places" list twice when the list is expanded. I don't recall if it was like that before and have no idea if that is related to this problem. Here is a screen capture.

984860ca-2646-42d0-ac50-262783903e83.jpg

Anybody have any ideas how this might be corrected? Has anybody else experienced this issue? I've looked all through GSAK and GE's perfrences and options and find nothing that might lead me to believe something is not set up correctly. Is this a GSAK or a Google Earth issue? Any ideas / help you might be able to contribute would be appreciated. Thanks! The fact that the icons appear correctly the first time they are exported from GSAK to Google Earth, but then show up incorrectly only after GE has been closed and reopened later, leads me to believe that it is a problem with Google Earth. However, I'm no programmer, so really don't know for sure.

Regards,

Matt

aka - Western Mass Clan

I tried to esport all caches of Cyprus to GE then importing.

Turned off GC network and the only thing shown correct is the mystery icon....

Rest should be there if i click one it marks it on th map but no cache icon

Must be a bug

Running upgraded version of GE also

Did not reproduce our error tho..