What's up with the Copper Mine series in The Watchung Reservation?

Mr.Yuck

Just added a cache to my favorites bookmark list, and when viewing the list, all those red lines through all the Copper Mine caches in Watchung Reservation (which are all on the list) really stood out. Did a little research reading some other logs on caches in the park, but I'm still quite confused. ^_^

Unfortunately two of the series were muggled, and the CO Jon Lambert was not in position to replace them. In fact the CU-1 ammo box was found near the copper mine by a scared muggle, called the police who confiscated it, they informed the muggle that it was a geocache. The Muggle then felt bad and logged onto geocaching to say they were sorry...A little late to save the cache. It a shame that these 2001 caches were muggled. I have been in contact with Jon Lambert and replaced CU-1 with his permission see cache page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f4-30ad737c7177

Unfortunately two of the series were muggled, and the CO Jon Lambert was not in position to replace them. In fact the CU-1 ammo box was found near the copper mine by a scared muggle, called the police who confiscated it, they informed the muggle that it was a geocache. The Muggle then felt bad and logged onto geocaching to say they were sorry...A little late to save the cache. It a shame that these 2001 caches were muggled. I have been in contact with Jon Lambert and replaced CU-1 with his permission see cache page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f4-30ad737c7177

Well, you couldn't ask for a better replacement, outstanding job on the cache page, and I'm sure the cache itself is great too. I imagine the Copper mine caches were somewhat ordinary as far as Watchung Reservation caches go, but I get all geeked out for historic caches placed back in the day when caches were caches, and parking lots were for parking. :tired:

Great job on the rest of the Reservation too, I was last there in April 2004 (before you started), and there were only 8 caches (I found 7), including the infamous "Snuffy's Gulch", which was, for some strange reason, only about 50 freaking feet from CU-2! :D

It's sad to lose a piece of history. If two of them are still there, as BrianSnat seems to think, maybe John Lambert would reconsider? I know you had the whole thing where you had to find CU-1 to get the coords for CU-2, CU-2 to get the coords for CU-3, but that could be fixed without too much of a problem.