Case for vista HCX?

lechwe

Ok, I'm in the process of ordering my Vista HCX. For those of you that have the vista C what cae do you use and why do you like it better than the others? I am looking at the neopreen one Garmin has that has the hourglass shape at the top to expose side buttons and the Gillson case that has the plastic window where the buttons are. Just need some opinions before I place my order.

Thanks

D

I presume you're looking for one where you can operate the unit while in the case. If not: I bought a Case Logic (for a small digital camera) from Wal Mart for about $5. It has the main compartment and two side pockets and the entire thing is padded and compact.

Ok, I'm in the process of ordering my Vista HCX. For those of you that have the vista C what cae do you use and why do you like it better than the others? I am looking at the neopreen one Garmin has that has the hourglass shape at the top to expose side buttons and the Gillson case that has the plastic window where the buttons are. Just need some opinions before I place my order.

Thanks

D

I tried one of the neoprene ones, a long time ago. It was so tight that it was really difficult to put on and take off -- which you have to do frequently, to change the batteries. I gave up on the case, and don't use one at all. Given the number of times I have dropped our GPSes from varying heights with no ill effects, I've decided that they're tough enough that no case is needed. (I do use screen protectors though.)

Until Garmin redesigns that neoprene case, I cannot recommend it. It works great on the original Legend and Vista, but it is very tight on my Vista C and I wonder if taking it off and putting it back on contributed to the rubber band coming loose on the GPSr. ^_^

I recommend putting on a screen protector immediately. I have used protectors made for my Palm, cut down to the correct shape, but the ones from The Invisible Shield are fantastic and they come with a lifetime warranty.