Dragon Spinners

nielsenc

I don't understand how you know the quantity? I don't see it on the page that I'm looking at.

Add an item to your cart that you want to check how much stock is on hand. In the cart, jack the number up to something ridiculous like 999 and then hit recalculate. It will then complain "only 15 of xyz in stock, reduce qty and try again" or words to that effect.

OH I got it!! Problem with these baby's is, I'm usually in such a hurry to buy the coins b-4 they Sell Out AGAIN, I don't take time to play with the quantity. I've had too many coins "disappear" from my cart. :o Pretty cool way of finding out though-Thanks!

Make no mistake, these are beautiful coins, mine are antique gold. But is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with being able to read the letter inside the tiny window hole? :o

not just you - that's why the tails point to the letters i guess and two colours for eyes so not sure why even the designer bothered with hole. i must be missing something?

Question: These DO have the sparkly eyes on only one side of the coin, right? :D

'Cause all of the one I got have the sparklies only on the front side. :( I hope this is correct. B)

CF30

B) Just returning from the optometrist, who confirmed that these are indeed one-eyed dragons, which is why they travel in pairs so they can see better! :unsure:

Unlike my Geocaching Dragon coin that started with 2 eyes, but one of them popped out before I event got the critter released into a cache! I'm guessing it'll be sightless before it travels too far, as those gems are just too tiny to stay lodged in the coin well, it appears. B)

Are there 3 or 4 versions of this coin?

Antique Copper

Antique Silver

some have been saying Antique Gold others Antique Bronze. Are those the same thing? And if not which was the first version and which was sold in the more recent sale. I'm just wondering what I have, (I love them all thanks)!

The term bronze is my fault. It was labeled as bronze in an IM with the vendor before the coins arrived, but sold as and invoiced from the mint as antique gold when they were put on the website. It's the same metal regardless, but they all are antique gold.

... is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with being able to read the letter inside the tiny window hole? :D

not just you - that's why the tails point to the letters i guess and two colours for eyes so not sure why even the designer bothered with hole. i must be missing something?

Not missing anything at all. :laughing:

Originally the hole in the spinner was "supposed" to reveal the decoded letter through the opening.

When we recieved the first samples the hole didn't work exactly as I had planned. :laughing:

The letters lining up with each tail was purely accidental!! ;):D

After noticing the latter I decided to just not bother with trying to correct the hole issue and concentrate on more important details of the base coin that needed correcting.

Question: These DO have the sparkly eyes on only one side of the coin, right?

Correct. The gems in the eyes are only on the front side of the coin.

4. black nickel artist's ultra-rotating edition

Not available for "special trade only" just yet. These are still in final production.

There will only be 22 of these in existance. No more - no less.

Only the rarest and most coveted (by me) coins will be considered for trade for "some" of them. :)

Does anyone have a picture of this version?

I bet the artist does.

Not just yet... Looking for delivery of the Black Dragons early-Sept. :D

D-man :D

Already sold out :ph34r:

Still a few coppers up there, gold is sold out. :D

Yes, I messed it all up. First I tried the gold ones, they were sold out. Then I tried the copper ones, and got the message that the gold ones are sold out, but thougt that the message meant the copper ones :laughing: Then I went away from the computer to do some housework, and after that (when I realized my mistake) all coins really were gone :ph34r:

:huh: This is the 4th time we've missed these *bleep* coins! It would be comforting to just be at peace that maybe we're not supposed to have any, but instead we seem to want them even more! :blink:

You haven't missed them this time. ;)

They're still on sale. There's about 100 of each finishes (gold and silver) left for sale.

Use this address :

http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/gccoins.html

OK, I'm just trying to get a handle on how many different versions there are of the ROT-13 Dragon Spinners these days.

I think there are the following 7 version:

(In the order of their appearance)

Antique Gold (2007)

Antique Copper Limited Edition (limited to 250??) (2007, 2008)

Antique Silver (2007)

Black Nickel Artist Edition aka artist's ultra-rotating edition (limited to 22) (2007?)

2 tone Antique Gold spinner on Antique Silver base Special Edition

2 tone Antique Silver spinner on Antique Gold base

2 tone Antique Silver spinner on Black Nickel base (2010)

Am I missing any?

Edited by keewee

Original Four

Antique Gold (2007)

Antique Copper Limited Edition

Antique Silver

Black Nickel Artist Edition

Later versions:

2 tone Antique Gold spinner on Antique Silver base Special Edition

2 tone Antique Silver spinner on Antique Gold base

2 tone Antique Silver spinner on Black Nickel base

There might have been an antique gold on black nickel base.

Was curious if the new spinning Welsh Dragon coin was a Dragon Spinner 2011 or from another source.

Was curious if the new spinning Welsh Dragon coin was a Dragon Spinner 2011 or from another source.

Dragon Spinner = Yes, Welsh Dragon Edition (Gridlox Designed ;) )

2011 = No

Dragon Spinner v2.0 is "back" in the sketching phase again.

Actually, I got the request to do the "Welsh Dragon Edition" and used the base idea I was working on for the v2.0 edition for it. So, now I'm back working on doing something different for the v2.0. :unsure:

D-man B)

Dragon Spinner = Yes, Welsh Dragon Edition (Gridlox Designed ;) )

2011 = No

Dragon Spinner v2.0 is "back" in the sketching phase again.

Actually, I got the request to do the "Welsh Dragon Edition" and used the base idea I was working on for the v2.0 edition for it. So, now I'm back working on doing something different for the v2.0. :unsure:

D-man B)

The Welsh Dragon is a terrific coin! Why am I not surprised it was your design? :P