Request: Option to add multiple attendees to 'Will Attend' logs for events

Lookout Lisa

As a Geocaching event planner, I was happy to see the addition of the count of types of logs on each cache page. However, for events, many geo-names really mean more than one (married couples, teams, whole families, cacher and 'friends' and such) and planners really need to have as accurate as possible headcount as events draw near for ensuring enough room, food, etc. I just hate reading through all the logs to try to figure out when someone says 'we will be there' just how many is 'we'??

I would love to see an option in the 'Will Attend' log type of a dropdown or something similar to designate exactly how many you are saying will attend. Then with those numbers, a total count at the top so event planners can see at a glance just how many are planning to attend. I suppose on the flip side of that attendees will need to be able to update those numbers if say uncle Joe is visiting and wants to come along too.

Just my 2 cents worth -thanks for reading!

Lookout Lisa

:rolleyes: Probably not a record for 'less than fluffy' requests.

I really do think it could be a good tool for event planners, but if a team 'captain' can't mention how many members will be attending in their note/will attend log, what makes you think they can click the correct radio button to convey the same information?

For the events I have attended, there have occasionally been requests for that information, and by and large, the attendees have complied.

:laughing: Probably not a record for 'less than fluffy' requests.

I really do think it could be a good tool for event planners, but if a team 'captain' can't mention how many members will be attending in their note/will attend log, what makes you think they can click the correct radio button to convey the same information?

For the events I have attended, there have occasionally been requests for that information, and by and large, the attendees have complied.

Well, there are 2 issues here:

1. If it is a required option to fill in how many you are RSVPing for, it will get done. Default could be "1".

2. The other issue is that it is really ...er...tiresome to comb through 100+ logs to find where in someone's log they mention how many are coming, and then to add them all up! Oh, and to subtract when they back out, and add in Uncle Joe when he's coming along with 'Team so-and-so' at the last minute.... So that aggregated count at the top of the page would be very helpful and save a lot of time.

Thanks for the feedback! :anibad:

Lisa