how to adopt a cache

I have a friend who is moving out of town for work. He has 1 cache that I want to adopt... how do I go about that?

I have searched the FAQ and can not find any information about how to do it. Cache is currently disabled untill I can take control and replace the container.

TIA

I have a friend who is moving out of town for work. He has 1 cache that I want to adopt... how do I go about that?

I have searched the FAQ and can not find any information about how to do it. Cache is currently disabled untill I can take control and replace the container.

TIA

Hi, The link provided above is correct, but if the cache is disabled and missing(assumed not knowing which cache is to be adopted), why not have the cache archived and submit a new cache listing keeping the history intact of both cache generations at/near the location.

TIA

Hi, The link provided above is correct, but if the cache is disabled and missing(assumed not knowing which cache is to be adopted), why not have the cache archived and submit a new cache listing keeping the history intact of both cache generations at/near the location.
If a new container is going to be placed in roughly the same place as the old one, I don't see the point in making it a new cache. It would merely show people a spot that they've seen before.

TIA

If a new container is going to be placed in roughly the same place as the old one, I don't see the point in making it a new cache. It would merely show people a spot that they've seen before.

If the original cache/logbook is missing and there is going to be a new cache owner, then it really is not the original cache. Since we don't know the cache in question, I don't know the complete situation and made a suggestion. If the cache has not been archived, then I would not really have to get involved from a reviewer standpoint yet, but can still provide a suggestion.

TIA

If the original cache/logbook is missing and there is going to be a new cache owner, then it really is not the original cache. Since we don't know the cache in question, I don't know the complete situation and made a suggestion. If the cache has not been archived, then I would not really have to get involved from a reviewer standpoint yet, but can still provide a suggestion.

From the perspective of the local cachers, it would be virtually the same cache; the same type of micro container, the same location, the same hide style.

TIA

From the perspective of the local cachers, it would be virtually the same cache; the same type of micro container, the same location, the same hide style.

But if the original cache is missing, what is there to adopt? Will it be hidden in the same style, location or type of container? As I said, I am just giving a suggestion and opinion in an area I review and cache in. We still don't know which cache this is so I just have what was given to go on.

Thanks for the infomation and links, exactly what I was looking for but for some reason was not able to find.

He removed the micro as his first step in closing the cache as he will not be in the area to maintain it and starting a new business will not likely have time to cache for awhile.

I saw him last night ans said I would look after it for him.

I will visit the area this weekend and decide if I should start a new one in a slightly different location or keep this one going. It was a hard micro to find even though it was relativly in the open.